THE INQUIRY / The Final Inquiry (Giulio Base, 2006)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

THE INQUIRY / The Final Inquiry (Giulio Base, 2006)

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2005, 23:24

I was at the American Film Market yesterday and brought back a few trades in which I saw those projects advertised and pre-sold:

- THE INQUIRY, produced again by NU IMAGE is directed by italian actor/filmmaker GIULIO BASE, and starring in credits order: DANIELE LIOTTI, DOLPH LUNDGREN, MAX VON SYDOW, F. MURRAY ABRAHAM and MONICA CRUZ (Penelope's sister).
I couldn't find any logline on the Nu Image products listing, the ad shows a crucifix knife on a red background, so it seems to be a religious thriller maybe set during the inquisition... In any case, it's probably not your usual Dolph action flick, and with this cast (Max von Sydow and F. Murray Abraham!) it must be an ensemble piece that Dolph accepted to make because the specialness of his part and of the project

- another one, called THE IDENTITY distributed by American Cinema International, shows a head shot from "Retrograde" with the following tagline: "To change the future, ha had to reshape the past."
Last edited by Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 01:04, edited 2 times in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2005, 23:34

Oh no!

Just checked American Cinema International's website, and in fact, THE IDENTITY is RETROGRADE! Hidden under a new title and acquired by American Cinema International for international distribution since the fall of Franchise Pictures probably...

new trailer

http://www.aci-americancinema.com/Clips/IDENTITY.wmv
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 01:02

Searched the web about THE INQUIRY (A.K.A. L'INCHIESTA) and found the following infos:

The production started filming on october 24th in Tunisia, the film is a remake of "L'inchiesta", directed in 1987 by Damiano Damiani with Keith Caradine and Harvey Keitel.

It's an Italian / Spanish co-production and also stars Ornella Mutti and Franco Nero.

The plot is this: A Roman agent is sent to Palestine to investigate rumors of the resurrection of an executed criminal that could be Jesus.

No mention of Dolph anywhere though, I wonder how big his part will be.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 08 Nov 2005, 01:41

The Inquiry sound cool to me.
Dolph teaming up fellow swede (and actor extraordinare) Max von Sydow sounds to good to be true.
In fact I can hardly believe it, especially since you could not find any further mentioning of Dolphs involvement.
I will keep hoping til we get some comfirmation.

Cool news man!
peace.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 01:54

Well if Nu Image spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to publish a poster ad in the Hollywood Reporter and announces Dolph as the second lead, I would hope for them who are getting more and more respectable in the business, that Lundgren actually signed up for it! This project is under the Nu Image label and the Millennium Films (which they usually use for more prestigious films) and doesn't sound like one of theirs so it might be that it's Dolph that made them involved in this film.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 02:02

Sounds interesting and a bit different. An Italian director and I wonder if the film will be in the vein of Dario Argento and Mario Bava.

The cast sounds good. Dolph of course but quality actors like Von Sydow and F Murray Abraham is a real bonus. Also not idscounting Franco Nero, a big name in Italy as a tough guy. He's also a Golden Globe nominee for one of his few American roles in Camelot with Richard Harris.

I really hope this happens, even though it means Dolph won't direct but still the director of htis seems to have promise and obviously a good cast to work with. Perhaps Dolph;s trip to Sardinia was not just a holiday? Dolph's latest two movies have been great and show he deserves a shot at something bigger, which this could be.

This could be a great retreat for Dolph against his usual type of film plus more high profile, possibly getting a limited release and perhaps some Europpean releases. Theres a good chance it could be his highest qulaity film if it is done well and the cast shines.

I have to say this it exictes me. Just from a brief snippet this is the most excitable sounding project in years for the big guy, and somethign different that could really work. Hopefully this will be from the top end of Italian production, not the Lou Ferrigno end of pure cheapness. With a cast like that it deserves some good financial backing. Plus I imagine some great Italian locations.

Just a thought but wouldn;t this be fantastic set in Venice?
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 02:06

Ornella Muti! She was in Flash Gordon and I used ot fancy her! Woo hoo!

Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 02:21

Okay this film has to happen! Not only does it have F Murrey Abraham in it, who I knew was an Oscar winning actor but Max Von Sydow is also an Oscar nominee (and double Golden globe nominee), not that I doubted his acting ability. To have Dolph co-starring with an Oscar winner (plus double globe nominee!), nominee and a Golden Globe nominee would be somethign out of htis world and can only help Dolph's own performing.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 02:29

Nu Image and Millenium films are doing much better projects howadays and seem to ifnally be trying to move forward.

The Black Dahlia (2006)- Brian De Palma/ Josh Hartnett/ Scarlet Johanson
Poe (2006)- Stallone
Rambo IV (2006) - Stallone
The Wicker Man (2006)- Nick Cage
Zombies (2006)- Tobe Hooper
End Game (2005)- Cuba Gooding jr/ James Woods

Not forgetting an excellent job with the Mechanik and Nu Image no longer seems like a worry as it would have done 2 or 3 years ago.
Tom
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 08 Nov 2005, 04:05

Are we sure this is something that Dolph is in? I would think that if it started filming already that there would have been a little more talk of Lundgren's involvement prior to this.

I hope he's in it I just remember a lot of projects that he's been associated with that either fell through at the last minute or even after the production began (MELTDOWN).
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 04:18

I'll post a picture of the trade ad soon...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 13:11

I would say 90% certainty he's waving a sword around in Tunisia as we speak!

I really am interested about the film after now. From what we gather, could be Russian set, and Dolph as Villain? The Russian locations in Mechanik were great. I really hope he directs again.
Tom
Regular

Postby preacher on 08 Nov 2005, 13:42

Good point about the Hollywood Reporter-ad Jox.
Plus Dolph talking about it in that new interview you posted about.
Hopefully there will be an update on the official site soon with som info.
Just to cool for school!
preacher
Regular

Postby hansson55 on 08 Nov 2005, 19:37

This is the best Dolph news in years… Always been hoping for a middle ages type of film from Dolph
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2005, 03:13

Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies