MISSIONARY MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2007)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby manudenis2005 on 16 Dec 2006, 22:07

Steven Seagal really sucks now.Dolph made by far more bad movies than Van Damme till now.Before The Mechanik I've almost lost faith in the big guy.It's true that The Mechanik is better than Van Damme's last movies.
I don't think The Defender is such a good movie.I mean yes it's better than Second In Command but worse than The Hard Corps.
By the way:
http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/rentals?d ... &region=us

THC was 61 days in the Top 50 United States DVD Rentals.
manudenis2005
manudenis2005
Regular

Postby Krom on 22 Dec 2006, 23:51

The Hard Corps is a mindless TV movie...
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 28 Dec 2006, 13:48

it would be cool if Missionary Man would be on the same level as Three Burials from Tommy Lee Jones : an actor, directing himself in a modern western !!
bomaz

Postby Nathan on 28 Dec 2006, 14:22

Somehow I think it may be a little cheesy with some nice big guns and cool bike chases but also with some well suited direction and the spiritual element he said were to be included on his website. To me it sounds a little like the first Mad Max or an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger I have on DVD about bikers making meth and people going into infiltrate their organisation. Anyway that's my two cents.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Dec 2006, 14:44

We don't even know what the story is yet!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 28 Dec 2006, 17:46

Well yeah I suppose BUT since Dolph said on his website:

At the moment, I'm preparing to star and direct "Missionary Man", a story I came up with a couple of years ago. It takes places on an Indian reservation in New Mexico. It involves bikers, drugs, plenty of action and a bit of "mysticism..."

So I reckon the plot will be something like the bikers are making drugs not far from the reservation, the people in the reservation are not happy, big Dolph decides to do something about it and the indians spiritual beliefs will help to guide him through it - hence the mysticism.

Sounds pretty good anyway! :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 03 Jan 2007, 01:01

What, you mean like Steven Seagal and the Inuit spirit in "On Deadly Ground" sort of thing?
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Nathan on 03 Jan 2007, 16:57

Yeah!
That's what I thought except not an oil rig company but a drug making motorcycle gang. Sounds good anyway. Should hopefully lead the way for some great motorcycle stunts and cool guns! :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 27 Jan 2007, 06:26

No way Dolph is makin better movies than Van Damme, the mechanik was a great movie yes i agree, even better then Van Damme's last two movies, Van damme seems to have copy Dolph's movie The Mechanik by makin Until Death which is similar, no martial arts just guns and shotguns.
The plot of the movie is only one revenge.

The Hard Corps was a good movie, and people should give it a chance, cause everyone makes bad and good movies even arnold and sylvester stallone have made bad movies.
Warchild
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 28 Jan 2007, 01:43

I'm sorry, but with The Defender and The Mechanik Dolph offically went above Van Damme in the DTV market. Van Damme is very cautious with his choices, and I respect that, but Dolph HIMSELF is making these movies, and that really helps him raise to a level above van damme.

Wake of Death: Better than any other DTV action movie I've ever seen, I'll give you that.

Second in Command: Poor direction muddles a pretty good script and budget. Also, the comparisons between it and Dolph's The Defender are unavoidable.

The Hard Corps: Way too slow for my tastes, but when it did have some fights they were REALLY good. The shoot-outs were abit lame though.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby TombRaider on 28 Jan 2007, 10:28

Defender is pretty bad movie actually and Sic is much better for me. But the mechanik is a very good movie one of dolph's best since the 90s.
TombRaider
Regular

Postby Molti on 28 Jan 2007, 13:14

You really liked SECOND IN COMMAND better? I was bored to tears through that one. I can't even recall any memorable sequences from the movie. THE DEFENDER wasn't anything original but it was nicely shot for a low budget flick, and kept a pretty quick pace once the initial attack on the hotel started.

I hope Van Damme can deliver the goods with UNTIL THE DEATH. WAKE OF DEATH was a nice chance for him to show some depth as an actor, something he hasn't done with his last couple films.
Molti

Postby Jox on 02 Feb 2007, 13:19

I guess we can expect MISSIONARY MAN to share similarities with THE MECHANIK in the way it's shot, since the latter was already shot like a western...

I also loved Dolph filmed the Russian locals and supporting characters in TM and how they looked authentic, so I'm expecting some nice moments with native americans in MM...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Feb 2007, 17:27

http://overthetop.beloblog.com/archives/2007/02/dolph_directs.html

February 1, 2007
Dolph directs

Dolph Lundgren is in town setting up his production office and preparing to shoot Missionary Man, a film he wrote and plans to direct and star in. The Rocky IV bad guy was here before Christmas scouting locations with Dallas Film Commission director Janis Burklund and apparently liked what he saw.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Feb 2007, 14:45

EXTRAS NEEDED!!!
DOLPH LUNDGREN FEATURE FILM MISSIONARY MAN

Native American and Hispanic Extras will be needed for an independent SAG feature film being directed by and starring Dolph Lundgren (Ivan Drago in Rocky 4). The film is titled Missionary Man and will shoot in the Dallas Texas area for 4 weeks beginning February 28th.

http://www.magnatalent.com/magna/opencast.htm
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies