MISSIONARY MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2007)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: MISSIONARY MAN

Postby Mosquito on 01 Oct 2009, 21:58

algren wrote:Makes me laugh just thinking about it.


How can you laugh thinking about this absolutely cool scene? *sigh*
User avatar
Mosquito
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 18:23

Re: MISSIONARY MAN

Postby algren on 02 Oct 2009, 01:52

Mosquito wrote:
algren wrote:Makes me laugh just thinking about it.


How can you laugh thinking about this absolutely cool scene? *sigh*


No, no, no. I don't laugh as in "hahahahaha", i laugh WITH Dolph. I just imagine him saying that and keeping a straight face then looking at that guy's reaction, that makes me laugh. I friggin love that scene, its too cool.

The fact that he actually DID it too, makes it even better.
User avatar
algren
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 02:46
Location: UK

Re: MISSIONARY MAN

Postby evegotbet on 02 Oct 2009, 04:37

this movie generated money not b/c it was good, but because of the underlying ignorance people have of the truth of what lurks around us. This is actually one movie i get embarrassed watching. i'm sorry but its not even deserving of the name "Missionary Man" - that elevates the entire story to an undeserving level. i knew this was a movie of Dolph's that i will never own. This one should definitely be buried in the archives :!: :lol: .
evegotbet
 

Re: MISSIONARY MAN

Postby algren on 02 Oct 2009, 04:44

It's simple, cool and concise. People like that, especially from Dolph, as we haven't seen him do this before. So, i disagree, i think that this film made money because it was good.
User avatar
algren
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 02:46
Location: UK

Re: MISSIONARY MAN

Postby dolphage on 02 Oct 2009, 20:04

evegotbet wrote:this movie generated money not b/c it was good, but because of the underlying ignorance people have of the truth of what lurks around us.

I don't know what that sentence means. However, I'm guessing it has to do with religion. Catholicism, was it?

I like MM a lot. Despite it's flaws.
Spring, era jävlar!
User avatar
dolphage
Regular
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 16:05
Location: Spain

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2009, 01:48

A friend of mine did this CC cover knock off for fun
Image

Image
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19657
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Dragonrage on 25 Nov 2009, 13:32

Hehe...they look cool...especially the first one...simple but effective. :D
Dragonrage
Member
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 17:39
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2009, 14:59

ORIGINAL HIGH RESOLUTION
Image Image Image
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19657
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jack Caine on 25 Nov 2009, 23:43

I'm loving these fake Criterion dvd's. This one has to be my favorite so far and actually makes it look kinda like a Seijun Suzuki flick.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
User avatar
Jack Caine
Member
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 27 Nov 2008, 18:18
Location: Reno's tavern

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2009, 23:46

Wow you're familiar with Seijun Suzuki, you're a "connaisseur" :wink:
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19657
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jack Caine on 25 Nov 2009, 23:53

Jox wrote:Wow you're familiar with Seijun Suzuki, you're a "connaisseur" :wink:

You better believe it, fella. He's just as good as Kurosawa, if I do say so myself.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
User avatar
Jack Caine
Member
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 27 Nov 2008, 18:18
Location: Reno's tavern

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jox on 26 Nov 2009, 11:56

Well they're hardly comparable, they don't work in the same spectrum.
User avatar
Jox
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19657
Joined: 08 Nov 2003, 23:03

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Jack Caine on 28 Nov 2009, 07:05

To each his own, I suppose. All asian cinema has it's unusual similarities of quality, they're just alittle difficult to pint-point at times. After all, we can compare John Woo to Cheng Cheh, no?
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
User avatar
Jack Caine
Member
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 27 Nov 2008, 18:18
Location: Reno's tavern

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby Travis on 16 Dec 2009, 23:23

I just re-watched this last night. I didn't like it when it came out but I figured I would give it a second chance.
I still hate it. I have converted my girlfriend to a Dolph fan and she thought it was his worst.

I don't like the look of the film with the weird coloring. The movie is also really boring until the end and it has no humor in it and the film just isn't any fun.
User avatar
Travis
Regular
 
Posts: 480
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 22:22

Re: MISSIONARY MAN (2007)

Postby bomaz on 17 Dec 2009, 00:26

Travis wrote:I just re-watched this last night. I didn't like it when it came out but I figured I would give it a second chance.
I still hate it. I have converted my girlfriend to a Dolph fan and she thought it was his worst.

I don't like the look of the film with the weird coloring. The movie is also really boring until the end and it has no humor in it and the film just isn't any fun.

I doubt if one day we'll be able to watch the movie with the original colors. :evil:
User avatar
bomaz
Member
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: 18 Jan 2004, 01:00
Location: Toulouse , FRANCE

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests