DETENTION (Sidney J. Furie, 2003)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Santee on 08 Feb 2004, 04:38

I understand Travis, we've seen Dolph Lundgren in some very good entertaining roles and its impossible not to compare today and the past.

Detention, he chose it simply for playing a teacher (as said in that "Afta Skool Special" :oops: its something many imagine doing.........then comes the easy paycheck, there were no real fights at all, minor stunts......so its a comfortable role.

Probably just having american high school students in a movie makes it bad..........but oh well, watch it anyhow and hope for the best next time for our man!
Santee

Postby Santee on 08 Feb 2004, 04:48

In Hell was better, of course, Van Damme seems to give more in the creative process for his films............and Ringo Lam is one of the best directors in the history of cinema, his films are all A grade looking.
I enjoyed the score, it matched the film.

I agree, Detention's action sequences, very boring...........the worst being the helicopter crash, we never see it explode, just standard flames and smoke in the air. :?
Santee

Postby katanah2jbrm on 08 Feb 2004, 08:29

What irritates me the most about Detention is that it could have been a good film. The director who was once a good filmmaker has been out of his element for about 20 years. Detention had moments where if the would have approached the scene differently or edited it differently it could have been a mid level Dolph film. The bad guys where to stupid if you empty 2 machine gun clips and you don't even wing a person you are not only blind but are facing the wring direction. The thing that I don't get is the fact that why in Dolph action movies do the directors always try and take Dolph out of the action scenes. The worse cases happpened in MOTU the last warrior Men of War. But even in his other movies to many people joined in who should have remained dormant in the acton scenes. The only real fight Dolph got in Detention was at the end and that was a good fight. But still it was to short. Now as for how dolph looks it was a welcome change but I think they could have approached it better. Like give him more fights.
Time can not die Only people
katanah2jbrm

Postby Dawn on 08 Feb 2004, 10:06

Van Damme is also to appear on TV in the show called Las Vegas. I saw a preview for it on Thursday while watching Friends.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 11 Feb 2004, 15:24

hello !!! please , can someone give me a scan of the region 1 dvd cover ? thank you very much !!!!
bomaz

Detention on dvd

Postby drago on 18 Feb 2004, 14:42

Does anyone have detention on dvd can it be bought yet and is direct action or retrograde on sale yet.
patrick mulholland
drago

Detention on dvd

Postby drago on 18 Feb 2004, 14:45

Does anyone have it on DVD yet as i want to get it.It looks great dont understand the story yet.also direct action and retrograd are they avaible to buy either.
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby drago on 19 Feb 2004, 14:30

I live in Ireland and cant get hold of Detention but im dying to see it.It looks cool
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby hansson55 on 21 Feb 2004, 11:11

¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby JackDevlin on 22 Feb 2004, 16:56

It is also for sale in Germany and in the Netherlands. The Dutch DVD is very cheap (around 8 euros), widescreen, but has no extras.
JackDevlin

Postby Jox on 11 Mar 2004, 14:17

click here to see the DETENTION packaging of the retail Korean DVD which features both Dolby 5.1 & DTS sound, widescreen 1.85 aspect ratio, making of, trailer and a photo gallery
http://www.fineav.com/Shop/DVD/Product_detail.asp?p_no=aa102956
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 12 Mar 2004, 18:48

Dose any one know anything about the extras on the US DVD?
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Daan on 22 Mar 2004, 22:56

JackDevlin wrote:It is also for sale in Germany and in the Netherlands. The Dutch DVD is very cheap (around 8 euros), widescreen, but has no extras.

Yeah I saw it lying around, but didnt have enough money with me :P is it worth it?
Daan

Postby dolph_enthusiast on 25 Mar 2004, 02:29

I cannt find good dolph film in my local block buster. I askd if 'they had any dolph film' and they just laffed at me! But the piza hutt next door was givving free movies with piza delivry and my choices were 3000 mils to graceland [ no idea what that was! anyone?], tin cup [also no clue] and copland. That was good film! No one except dolph beets the SLY! So I askd manger when dolph film will be offred and he sad he never herd of dolph? I couldnt belive it! How cannot you know dolph? I thogt everyone new dolph!
Dolph rocks!
Van Damme sucks!
Peace and love to all!
dolph_enthusiast

Postby Jox on 25 Mar 2004, 12:11

well it's hard assuming being a Dolph fan these days, I also had my share of being laughed at or looked suspisciously when talking about Dolph in the outside world. But it's something some people apparently can't understand, let's say Dolph movies are rare & demanding films for experts, just like artpieces
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies