PENTATHLON (Bruce Malmuth, 1994)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

PENTATHLON (Bruce Malmuth, 1994)

Postby Jox on 26 Aug 2004, 13:29

A German DVD edition of PENTATHLON is set for release on September 1 (from VCL Communications).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Blackjack on 26 Aug 2004, 15:25

yo, thanks for the info
Blackjack

Old article referring to Pentathlon

Postby Dawn on 16 Sep 2004, 08:39

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

July 31, 1993
Edition: FIVE STAR
Section: SPORTS
Page: 3C

Index Terms:
FLOODING
ATHLETE

ST. JOSEPH, MO., LIFTERS CARRY HOME WEIGHT OF FLOOD
Author: By Vahe Gregorian
Of the Post-Dispatch Staff

Dateline: SAN ANTONIO

Article Text:

Before he left for the U.S. Olympic Festival in San Antonio, East weightlifting coach Dennis Snethen shipped what he had reason to believe was surplus bottled water to flooded Des Moines, Iowa.

But when Snethen and his 12 wrestlers from St. Joseph, Mo., left for home on Tuesday, they were lugging as much bottled water as they could cram into their suitcases.

"I've got a gym bag full, and all the kids are collecting water," Snethen told the San Antonio Express-News.

On Sunday, the rising Missouri River crested at 33 feet and knocked out the water plant for St. Joseph and its 80,000 residents.

Snethen, whose East team won, had six of his own lifters win gold medals. But with the competition behind them, Snethen and his contingent had no notion what they would face when they returned home.

"A 16-year-old, Brandon Ezzell, won a bronze medal," he said. "His mother went outside to telephone the grandparents - who told her they had lost their house."

Two of the lifters live in Elwood, Kan., and found out that the town had been evacuated.

"Everything was OK when I left; they assured us the levee wouldn't break," said Snethen, who wasn't laying blame. "The Corps of Engineers did the best they could.

"But I guess Mother Nature is still the boss."

Flood Ripples: If the Olympic Festival had been held in St. Louis this year, at least four of the proposed venues for '94 would have been disabled by the flood: the Alton River Road; the St. Louis Soccer Park; the I-44 Shooting Range and Fountain Lake Park.

Look At Me: Press officers of the various sports have shown creativity - or perhaps desperation - in trying to lure media to their sports.

Herewith, a few of the top 10 reasons to attend a press conference on fencing:

10. Special King Arthur Pull-The-Sword-From-The-Rock Event.

9. Special appearance by The Three Musketeers.

7. Free year's subscription to Swords and Sorcerers magazine.

6. Admit it - you're hooked on Zorro.

4. We'll straighten out the confusion for you. FENCING: It's not picket, barbed wire or illegal.

Day Of The Dolph: Musclebound actor Dolph Lundgren is in town to pick up pointers in the modern pentathlon for his upcoming Academy Award winner, "Pentathlon." San Antonio resident Rob "Don't Call Me Bob" Stull is serving as Lundgren's personal trainer.

Degree Of Simplicity: 1992 Olympic gold medal diver Mark Lenzi has seen the beer commercial in which the contestant executes a cannonball in front of the judge's stand. Any ideas, Mark?

"That commercial is hilarious," Lenzi said. "But you could never do that in a competition.

"I think the judges wouldn't like it, and you probably wouldn't score very well in other competitions.

"But it would be fun to do that. Maybe in the Olympics. And if I don't need the last dive. And if I know I'm going to retire. Maybe I would do it then."
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby xclaw on 17 Oct 2004, 08:44

any links or more info on this dvd??
xclaw

Postby Blackjack on 19 Oct 2004, 13:10

Blackjack

Postby Mosquito on 22 Oct 2004, 13:21

Well I won't buy that one. It's one of those crappy editions that doesn't have the English soundtrack. That sucks.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Blackjack on 24 Oct 2004, 17:12

i bought this one...
Blackjack

IN REMEMBRANCE - BRUCE MALMUTH

Postby Jox on 24 Jul 2005, 04:50

Bruce Malmuth, the director of documentaries and action films, has passed away on June 28, 2005 in Los Angeles. He was 71.

Born on February 4, 1934 in New York City, Malmuth was an avid sports fan. He began making documentaries while in the Army, during which time he met baseball announcer Walter “Red” barber. Following his discharge from the military, Malmuth worked for several years directing the coverage of the New York Yankees for New York City’s WPIX radio. He also produced commercials, winning two Clio awards for his work.

Malmuth’s first film directorial work was on a segment for the 1975 release Fore Play – an anthology film featuring three separate comic short stories linked together through introductions by comedian Irwin Corey. His first full-length feature, for which he replaced director Gary Nelson, was the 1981 thriller Nighthawks starring Sylvester Stallone and Billy Dee Williams as New York police detectives trying to stop a German terrorist. He followed that up with the 3-D comedy The Man Who Wasn’t There (1983) with Steve Guttenberg, the thriller Where Are The Children? (1986) and the Steven Seagal actioner Hard To Kill (1990).

Malmuth also directed the television documentaries Baseballs Or Switchblades? and the Emmy award-winning A Boy’s Dream featuring baseball player Darryl Strawberry. Along with his son Evan, Malmuth wrote the play Thanksgiving Cries about life in Los Angeles’s juvenile detention center in the San Fernando Valley. Malmuth also made small cameo appearances in a handful of films, most notably as the ring announcer in the first two Karate Kid (1984, 1986) films.

Malmuth’s final film was the 1994 action film Pentathlon, starring Dolph Lundgren.
Jox
Site Admin

PENTATHLON on DVD

Postby Geoff on 24 Aug 2007, 15:22

Not sure if anyone found it as hard as me to get this on dvd but I just got in on the Amazon.de in case anyone was trying to track it down.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby dolphage on 24 Aug 2007, 19:42

So did I. But it only has a german audio track. No english. Still fckng good though.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Aug 2007, 18:23

It's a hard one, there's very few DVD released of this film (and most of them are either dubbed, bootlegs or unofficials). There was a Swedish edition that I got a few years back but it's hard of print now I think and although it was full screen it had an english track at least...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 30 Aug 2007, 19:14

you mean to say that the one that turned up today is all in german? aha nuts!
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Geoff on 31 Aug 2007, 13:12

Confirmation - Its all in German.
Geoff
Regular

Postby BrunnenMatt on 31 Aug 2007, 14:19

The R2 Scandinavian release is called Ironman and is still available. I have the Danish release somewhere in my collection!

...BMatt

Whats on the German release? (extras, sorry) ???
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby Geoff on 31 Aug 2007, 14:43

Nope nothing,trailer at best I think, not really gone through it yet. Might try and track down Iron man.
Geoff
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies