ROCKY IV (Sylvester Stallone, 1985)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph's Stats during Rocky4?

Postby XionComrade on 01 Apr 2005, 00:37

Anyone know Dolph's full weight training stats during his training for Rocky4 and during Rocky4?

I know his bench was 300lbs, but does anyone know everything else?
XionComrade

Postby Sly on 02 Apr 2005, 14:32

When Dolph met Stallone in L.A. for the first time, he weighted about 215 pounds. Stallone thought Dolph has to gain some muscle weight. Three months later, for the screen test, Dolph weighted 248 pounds. Then he trained with Stallone. Dolph ripped up to about 240 and Sly went up to 173. Both guys were in their best shapes of their lifes.

To know more about the story:

http://www.stallonestories.com/mf/mf8604/BigRed.htm

Sly

Postby XionComrade on 04 Apr 2005, 05:34

Yes i read this, but it didn't tell how much weight he lifted, such as squat max and stuff like that, does anyone know about how much he did on All of his lifts?
XionComrade

Dolph's conditions during Rocky IV

Postby Terminator on 27 Apr 2005, 16:46

I'd really like to know if there's a link with all the information upon his body standards, like his girthes and sizes of his arms, chest, legs etc.
Then I roughly know for what to train. :)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Sly on 14 Jul 2005, 18:19

XionComrade wrote:Yes i read this, but it didn't tell how much weight he lifted, such as squat max and stuff like that, does anyone know about how much he did on All of his lifts?

In his book "Sly moves", stallone writes that he would do pull downs with 275 pounds of a time when he weighed 180.
Sly

Rocky IV- Drago's Intro Teaser (where can I find/watch it?)

Postby Terminator on 18 Dec 2005, 19:18

I just noticed this monologue by sniffing around here on these sites... but I never heard of that before. I'd really like to see this sequence. Can anybody gimme a link to this clip? Bless god if it is available!
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Dec 2005, 21:40

I haven't seen it either but I couldn't put my hand on it yet!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 19 Dec 2005, 16:37

Jox, do you have the web space for it? I do have it, but of course its not in the best of shape. The tape it was on has lost a lot of the color information on it and is beyond restoring. However, I can send it to you after I get back from my parents over the holidays. :) Just let me know.

Dawn
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Dec 2005, 22:03

yeah I must have sufficient webspace for it, let me know...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 25 Dec 2005, 11:07

If the sound is not interrupted and if the colors don't turn into their opposite gamma value, then it might be acceptable. I am wondering why this sequence has never been appeared on the regular DVDs and VHSs...
by the way, where do you have this teaser from?
It's great to have you guys, just ready to shoot with all the information! :wink:
Which size does it include then? Good luck with the web space! :)
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 27 Dec 2005, 19:46

Well, the current file size is over 200 megabytes, so I will have to compress it. It is currently in mpeg2 format. This was recorded from a TV show back in the 80's that reviewed the Rocky IV movie when it came out.

As for the color. Most of the color is gone. You can still see some red in his trunks in the teaser, but his flesh tones are mostly gone and appear gray as if it were a black and white film. In other portions of this tape, the saturation changes a lot and I honestly don't know if the original colors of the colors are right and of course in some places things appear gray and without color.

It was recorded onto VHS tape and remained there for years and then it was copied to another tape for me and I purchased this particular tape. I would not normally spend so much on a tape of such bad quality, but it was the only one I knew of, so I bought it anyway. :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 28 Dec 2005, 16:12

What we all go for if it has to do with Dolph, right? :)
Concerning the colors, I can rely on the pictures in this gallery section where you can see Drago, split up into several pictures. As I can remember, most colors were covered with his shades, anyway, so it doesn't matter if some parts that used to be red etc. and that seem to be grey or whatever right now.
Terminator
Regular

new Rocky toyline.

Postby Fire Panda on 28 Feb 2006, 22:48

have you guys heard about the new Rocky toyline from Jakks Pacific?

totalrocky.com has some info about it.
http://www.totalrocky.com/news/actionfigures.html

unfortunetly no pic of the Ivan Drago figure yet though.

:)
Fire Panda

Postby Craigie-Boy on 02 Mar 2006, 01:21

Hmm, could be good.
Let's just hope that the figures are made in scale with each other. I mean, who's going to want to see a Rocky figure that's the same height as Drago or Thunderlips?!
As long as they are reasonably poseable, so people can recreate the fight scenes, then we could be looking at an in-demand series...or is it just me who thinks so? :?
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 02 Mar 2006, 06:11

These should do well, especially if they are available when part 6 is released. I think I'd only be interested in getting the Creed and Drago figures.
Moltisanti
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies