ICARUS / THE KILLING MACHINE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nathan on 08 Jan 2009, 22:27

Yes mate it is, thank you. :)
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2009, 11:24

Filming pushed back to late March.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 13 Jan 2009, 12:53

Awesome! Dolph is gonna be pretty damn busy then. He'll probably go straight from this to Expendables. In the next 18 months he's gonna be releasing some standout action flicks though, CP, US3, Icarus and Expendables.

My only worry for Icarus is the studio. I really like the inititial concepts and ideas Dolph had for this, and I just wonder if he holds out, whether he cand get a better studio after Expendables, who can let him go with his intitial 3 character piece flick. From the latest synopsis, it seems the films been stripped down quite a bit to a more simple flick...but then again, that could work in its favour I suppose. As long as they give Dolph enough money, some good co-stars, and leave him to direct it, then it should be an excellent action flick. Oh and Silent Trigger gun please! :wink:
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 14:41

That happened with Diamond Dogs. I am happy Icarus is pushed back but I hope that it actually happens eventually. It seems Dolph is going to be so busy for the next few months it's unreal. Anyway, after The Expendables I'm hoping Dolph does the Brazilian bare-knuckle fighting drama and gets some good UFC fighters. That would be a big hit with the fans I think. But I trust Dolph, I'm sure, as always he'll know what to do.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 13 Jan 2009, 16:34

I wonder if Dolph might get offered sequels to some of his older films. Maybe Dark Angel, Red Scorpion, the ones that did well on video. Maybe even Showdown (with Mark D maybe?). With his increased profile, I think the likes of Sony might try to get him to headline DTV sequels to old 80's action classics like Running Man, Commando. I'd also hope he'll get offered parts in theatrical films, but I think more realistically, he'll get bigger DTV stuff. Whether he takes these offers, is another matter. But he might be able to raise more funds for bigger budgets on his personal projects, by doing a few spec DTV offers that come his way. DTV sequels seem to be big business right now.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 19:00

That would be good for him to do stuff like Running Man 2, with sets like Cyborg, that wouldn't be too expensive, especially if he done it in between his directorial work.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2009, 19:05

I think there are legal issues for a DARK ANGEL sequel (even Matthias Hues tried to get this made), RED SCORPION I don't know, SHOWDOWN could be a possibility.

Honestly I'm not for this "let's bring back old franchises from the 80's and 90's and make DTV sequels" trend. I don't think Dolph is very interested in it anyway except for something something special.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 20:14

I agree that it's dumb to bring back old 80's movies for something of inferior quality. BUT as you say if they can come up with an original, cool and slightly tongue-in-cheek idea to carry on the franchise, that would be awesome. Personally I'd like to see a sequel to Agent Red. :wink: I reckon you could do a good Red Scorpion sequel and that would be something that people would want to see.
Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 13 Jan 2009, 20:39

If anything, they should do a fourth Punisher and bring Dolph back. He's grown more as an actor now.
leigh1975

Re: ICARUS

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2009, 15:43

The sequels I would love to see would be Direct Action 2, Tumbling Dice (but this time directed by Dolph!!), Army of One 2 or maybe Army of One: Payback or something because the "One 2" bit sounds silly and a movie where Dolph plays the bad guy again. I know we'll get that with US-3 but I don't think he's gonna be in it too much. I reckon a Direct Action sequel would work best though, directed by Dolph of course!! :D

Anyway!! Onto the reason why I came to post in this topic. I'm not sure if casting for Icarus has been done yet, Jox would have to answer that, and if Dolph is planning on getting a reasonably well-known face for the role of the bad guy or another major part. Either way, who would you like to see cast as the villain guys? I mean reasonable/plausible suggestions such as Michael Ironisde or who I was actually thinking of..Peter Weller..why not? The guy hasn't being doing much lately and everyone knows Robocop..anyway!! Suggestions, I'd like to hear/discuss them!! :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Feb 2009, 16:04

It irritates me that for a UK fan you keep referring to Vic Armstrong film as its US re-title, the film's real title is JOSHUA TREE. And there are issues preventing from doing any sequel...

I don't know how far along Dolph is on casting for ICARUS but he's been working hard on prep in Vancouver (gonna head head over to Sofia for UNISOL and come back). It seems to me that he's gonna go rather for serious actors rather than B movie names. I know there's one other well known Swedish actor he talked with about the project a while back.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2009, 17:14

I hope this project is more serious because DC and CP look like total badass fun but after that it is time for something serious. US-3 and The Expendables probably won't be that serious so it's good that he's going to go for a more dramatic and thoughtful action movie. I hope the plot has some twists like The Defender.

I refer to it as Army of One because that's what it says on my DVD and because I think it's actually the better title. Joshua Tree sounds a little geeky whereas Army of One just rocks. Just my opinion. Strange that you are irritated by something as trivial. :?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2009, 15:46

Nathan wrote:I hope this project is more serious because DC and CP look like total badass fun but after that it is time for something serious.

It sounds ICARUS will be more along the lines of THE MECHANIK

I refer to it as Army of One because that's what it says on my DVD and because I think it's actually the better title. Joshua Tree sounds a little geeky whereas Army of One just rocks. Just my opinion. Strange that you are irritated by something as trivial. :?

Maybe because I'm a stuck-up and trivial geek! :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The_Canadian on 09 Feb 2009, 06:07

Yeah, I happen to agree with Nathan. "Army of One" is a much better title.

Kinda like my reasoning for "I Come in Peace" instead of "Dark Angel" (at least ICIP has something to do with the movie!)...
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2009, 10:46

Because DARK ANGEL doesn't? Think harder... I think it's rather cool anyway in both cases the US titles were made up way after (both films were released late in America) and because U2's album and another old movie already called "Dark Angel"... Of course I understand US audiences used to those titles will prefer those.
OFF TOPIC HERE, BACK TO ICARUS
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies