ICARUS / THE KILLING MACHINE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mosquito on 22 Aug 2008, 01:21

Where will they shoot the movie, Canada or Russia or...?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 22 Aug 2008, 04:10

Nathan wrote:Really? When was this do you know? You never know, he could have hinted to Stallone, plus with MM and Rambo out of the way, they both need new projects.

I suspect that Sly will be busy just now with Rambo V. Apparently he's relatively close to finishing the screenplay, and may begin filming early next year...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Aug 2008, 09:58

Mosquito wrote:Where will they shoot the movie, Canada or Russia or...?
It's planned to be filmed in Vancouver, one of the production companies, Insight Film Studios, is now a big company there doing many movies every year...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 26 Aug 2008, 00:52

By the way, obviously no one knows this yet, but does anyone get the feel that Dolph isn't actually the bad guy judging by the synopsis and that he is actually the victim? He might just be a bad ass at the start if they show him pulling off a few hits in the past, yeno like Van Damme was bad at the start of Until Death.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Geoff on 17 Sep 2008, 15:08

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 61e161478d

According to this its a deal done in Vancover for $6m and starts shooting on Oct for about 5 weeks
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Geoff on 17 Sep 2008, 15:09

but then the writing was done at the beg of Aug so everything could have changed.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2008, 13:51

Geoff wrote:but then the writing was done at the beg of Aug so everything could have changed.

The writing of the script or the article? The script at least has been an ongoing process for quite some time and probably will be until filming (as for CP which you'll find out about shortly).

As for the shoot it's more likely to start in November at the soonest.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 18 Sep 2008, 14:50

The writing of the script or the article?
Sorry mate the atricle was done on the 7th Aug. So is DL going to film and then work post on both CP and I?? does than then mean the release would only be a few months apart? - does it even work like that??
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2008, 16:21

It depends on how he wants to do things, not every step of the CP post requires his presence (and btw can't be stopped just to wait for him), and actually the editor started to work a week or two into the shoot. And although it's quite difficult to do (even more when you're both starring and directing), he can, like Spielberg, shoot while supervising the post (but as I saw it, he barely could make time to watch the dailies). It's too early to speculate and those decisions may not even be locked yet, right now he's just getting out of the shoot.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2008, 16:56

Here's the press release from Insight Film Studios:
http://www.insightfilm.com/icarus_news.html

07/17/08
DOLPH LUNDGREN SIGNED TO DIRECT AND STAR IN “ICARUS” INSIGHT FILM STUDIOS’ NEW PSYCHO-THRILLER

VANCOUVER, B.C. – Insight Film Studios announces, “Icarus” a new action thriller starring Dolph Lundgren. With "Icarus" Lundgren will lead a double life, both on and off screen. Taking the reins as Director and star, Lundgren’s on-screen persona "Icarus" balances his secret past as a Russian trained hit-man with a new life as father and patriarch to an idyllic, loving suburban US family -- a family who are completely unaware of their dad's nefarious past. But when Lundgren's wife and children become pawns in an international game of kill or be killed, Dolph has no choice but to rely on his Soviet training to protect his loved ones from both the killers and from his own secret identity. Unfortunately, as their lives are driven deeper and deeper into jeopardy, Lundgren risks losing his family as they begin to piece together the truth about his former life as an assassin behind the iron curtain.

“Icarus” goes to camera this fall, shooting at Insight Film Studios in Vancouver. Kirk Shaw, Insight CEO and “Icarus” Producer had this say, “Dolph’s talent behind the camera is just as strong as his presence on camera. Icarus is an action packed and ideal film fit to showcase Lundgren’s acting and directing skills.”

In talking about this double role, Lundgren stated, “I’m looking forward to the opportunity to act in and direct ‘Icarus,’ where great action is paired with character-based psychological drama.” I hope to continue the tradition of great films such as Luc Besson’s ‘The Professional’ and David Cronenburg’s ‘A History of Violence,’ that use this combination to really engage the audience.”

“Icarus” marks the fifth film for Lundgren as Director and actor. The action star’s latest directing credits include 2008’s “Command Performance” and “Missionary Man.” Among Lundgren’s long list of acting credits are the mega hits, “Rocky IV,” “The Punisher,” “Men of War” and “Universal Soldier.” The film is penned by Raul Inglis, who most recently wrote, “Vice,” starring Daryl Hannah and Michael Madsen.

International distribution rights are through CineTel Films with CineTel's Paul Hertzberg and Lisa Hansen on board as Executive Producers.
Last edited by Jox on 17 Oct 2008, 00:09, edited 2 times in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 18 Sep 2008, 17:00

nice - really looking forward to this!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2008, 12:13

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 16 Nov 2008, 03:56

So is this on hold until Lundgren knows whether or not he'll be a part of US3? Or does something else need to be worked out? Was hoping ICARUS would be filming by now.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2008, 12:32

That was the case a few weeks ago but I'm not sure anymore. I have a feeling the production won't start before 2009anyway . Good sign is there already are deals in place and Dolph is keen to do it since it's a project he developed himself.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Nov 2008, 21:12

I want to see this but I also want to see US-3 with Dolph, I think US-3 should be made before Icarus but, to give Dolph a break from directing and being the good guy and US-3 may help promote his film BEFORE and AFTER it.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies