ICARUS / THE KILLING MACHINE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Moltisanti on 17 Nov 2008, 02:57

It's good to know that the deals are in place, it's just when it comes to these DTV films I never buy into them happening until I at least know they're filming.

I'm just torn on the whole US3 thing. On the one hand it would be cool to see him work with Van Damme again and it would be a high-profile DTV film. But on the other hand a lot of the details seem shady with regards to amount of time Van Damme (and perhaps Dolph) would even film.

If US3 is something he could appear in and then go right into ICARUS then great. If he ends up just doing ICARUS then I'm fine with that as well.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Nov 2008, 16:05

ICARUS is now appearing on CineTel's site and is mentioned in the Swedish music video interview so it's still on the backburner
http://cinetelfilms.com/home.php
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 27 Nov 2008, 21:10

That's a good thing. I want to see this. Ideally what I would love to see after The Expendables is Dolph doing a smaller part in a big theatrical movie, then direct and star in a DTV movie, then smaller part, then direct etc etc. That would be nice.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2008, 02:20

If things go as planned, ICARUS should actually start prepping in January for a production start in February.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 30 Nov 2008, 02:44

Ahh could life be any more awesome... Icarus should be one cool movie. I hope it's got some nice action in it...I see it half way between The Mechanik and Silent Trigger. That would make for a cool film. I like the title too, mysterious.
Nathan
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 30 Nov 2008, 03:25

I dunno guys... just take a look at the trailers for CineTel's other movies... they all pretty much either rely on crappy cgi or stock footage from much better movies.

I'm not getting a good vibe from this website myself...
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2008, 03:31

I know what you're saying but but this is not gonna be directed by one of CineTel's "yes man", just like "The Mechanik" and "Command" don't look the same as say "Submarines" or "Shark Attack"...

Look, this is a different project from CP, and Dolph really believes in it, there's no reason it wouldn't work, it's just more character-driven I think.

CineTel's just the selling company by the way.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The_Canadian on 30 Nov 2008, 05:50

I know, the difference is that NU image has produced some pretty good non-Dolph stuff too, whereas CineTel hasn't shown really anything of note.

And if they're just the selling company, who's producing it?
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Nov 2008, 17:05

The_Canadian wrote:I know, the difference is that NU image has produced some pretty good non-Dolph stuff too, whereas CineTel hasn't shown really anything of note .

Yes, but the difference is the Dolph never hack directs, even with the smallest budgets, whereas all those tacky 'Shark Attack' movies and it's ilk are thrown together with little care or attention. If Dolph felt the same was going to happen to Icarus, he'd shop around for another deal.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2008, 17:23

These companies are all the same anyway, Dolph never has it easy and has to fight all the time with them to get what he wants.

Anyway he said so far the producers were good to work with on the script development.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 05 Jan 2009, 13:44

Is there any news on who will be in this movie besides Dolph? What stages is it at now, still script development? Although I expect Dolph is concentrating all his efforts on finishing the post-production of Command Performance.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Jan 2009, 17:35

Casting should start this month. The screenplay is not in "development" per say anymore and I heard it was pretty good right now. But like every movie it's always subjects to polishing and rewrites, even during shooting: like Rocky said: "It ain't over 'till it's over".
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 05 Jan 2009, 18:14

Ahh that's good news. I'm glad the script is looking good. I wonder who will be cast to play the bad guy or indeed any of the other parts. Hopefully Dolph will try to get someone well known that asks for a fair price. It seems he shows no sign of slowing down but, I hope we get a good steady run of quality DTV films and a few surprises in the next five years.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 08 Jan 2009, 16:50

Nathan
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 08 Jan 2009, 21:57

Is that from "The Defender?" Either way, nice job!
The_Canadian
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies