DIRECT CONTACT (Danny Lerner, 2008)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Darling on 26 Mar 2008, 15:54

Of course I believe you Jox,and I know you will get a second Chance to meet Dolph again,becasuse you have a good Contact to him!

But I`m the happiest girl of the World,that I got a Pic of Dolph and me in Prag on Set (The Shooter)So I have him always in beautiful Mind!
Darling
Regular

Postby Nathan on 26 Mar 2008, 20:07

I cannot wait for this new website of yours Jox and I love how the main page (home page) of this one keeps getting updated to be more kick ass every time!! :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Mar 2008, 21:53

Thanks Nathan! This is only to make you wait until THE major site update...
(EDIT: credit to dolph_fan for some of the updates)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 27 Mar 2008, 00:18

Absolutely great!
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby manudenis2005 on 27 Mar 2008, 22:24

Dolph trowing karate kicks+Pare vs Dolph pics made my day!

I can't wait for your site Jox.I'm sure it will have nicer and bigger pics from Direct Contact on it.
manudenis2005
manudenis2005
Regular

Postby Billie on 15 Apr 2008, 20:06

Hi Jox!

Just visited your website and the pics of 'Direct Contact'.How nice,there's a pic of MP,too! :D
Billie

Michael Paré on DC-shoot

Postby preacher on 18 Apr 2008, 17:20

Short comment from Paré on his official site:
http://michaelpare-fanclub.com/

April, 2008
Michael finished shooting of DIRECT CONTACT and returned from Sophia Bulgaria late March. DIRECT CONTACT is a movie about mercenaries. An American prisoner in a Russian jail is given a chance at freedom if he can rescue a kidnapped American woman (from the official site of Nu Image).

"The shoot went very well; Danny Lerner is a very good action Director. Danny who I first worked with as a producer of SPANISH ROSE aka POINT OF IMPACT (1993) has since been directing about one movie a year.

I am the villain (Connelly), the protagonist is defined by the antagonist we are directly connected. I believe mercenaries are soldiers that have lost confidence in their countries moral or ethical motives and become free agents much like The Samurai.

I don't judge my employers. I am a soldier for hire and nothing more. In the part of the world where this story takes place there are no good guys or bad guys. Everyone is flawed and capable of heroic acts or despicable crimes.

This is a step back to the action movie genre and I hope it comes out good."
---------

Nice!
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2008, 14:35

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/2008/04/steve-edwards-direct-contact.html

The latest Dolph Lundgren action pic, Direct Contact, gets an original score by Steve Edwards. This is his fifth score for director Danny Lerner, who previously hired Edwards on Shark in Venice, Finding Rin Tin Tin, Raging Sharks and Target of Opportunity. Edwards has written the music for over 50 feature films, including Feast and Hellraiser: Hellseeker. In Direct Contact, his music will accompany a story about an American prisoner in a Russian jail who is asked to rescue a kidnapped American woman. Edwards' other upcoming scores include The Neighbor and The Intervention.

What they missed is that Edwards did the Bridge Of Dragons and Undisputed 2 scores as well.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Apr 2008, 00:18

Any word on the release date for this movie Jox and how far along the editing process is, really excited about this one, are you still keeping in contact with Nu Image to help promotion etc?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Apr 2008, 17:43

Too soon for a release date mate (my estimate is between next fall and winter)! By now they probably just have a first cut, but for better or worse, Lerner cuts his movies quickly...

Yes I'm still in the process of helping but I'm waiting for an official and definitive green light...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Apr 2008, 18:51

Next fall and winter!!!!!!! :o As in 2009!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 01 May 2008, 14:22

Pics up on Dolph's IMDB page

Image Image

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 01 May 2008, 19:09

Excellllllent! He has a cooool machine gun! :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 03 May 2008, 14:34

Jox, there is a poster for this to pre-sell at Cannes. Is this in hope of picking up a distributor for the movie, also since they don't do this with every Dolph film, what usually happens, do Nu Image just call Sony to see if they want it?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 May 2008, 16:32

Nu Image always did pre-sales (same for Moonstone, Bauer Martinez and most independent companies), that's how they get the job done and always make money. With the attachment of a star, a teaser poster and at least a story treatment if not a script, they go to film markets with impressive line ups of new titles. If they know they can sell a film worldwide for $5M then they'll produce it for $3M or $4M.
Or as my friend from Your Video Store Shelf put it:
"Essentially what happens with a pre-sale is that a reputable company like Nu Image presents some poster art for movies that someone in the office whipped up. The buyers dedicate themselves to paying ‘x’ amount for ‘x’ movies, and knowing how much money they’re guaranteed to get from those pre-sales, Nu Image then sets forth on the path of actually producing the films."

Then with each buyer (otherwise known as foreign or domestic distributor) the relationship between the companies will be different so will be their deal. Sometimes they can exclusive first look at the line up to decide if they pick the movie(s) or not. A lot of the times the lower budgets will come as a package with the deal of a bigger one (as in, for instance "if you take "Righteous Kill" or "Conan" you gotta take "Ninja" etc.). But so a meeting will be set up in Cannes, Berlin or L.A. (AFM) to discuss deals etc...

When a title is licensed and not produced it will usually be replaced: as was "It Waits" by "The Defender", "The Controller" by "The Mechanik" etc...

As for Sony, I was told they already picked up both "Direct Contact" and "Command Performance" for the US territory (my guts tell me they will now take every Dolph movie as long as they do well enough).
Last edited by Jox on 03 May 2008, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies