DIRECT CONTACT (Danny Lerner, 2008)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nathan on 01 Mar 2008, 01:32

Nice pictures, really like the colours!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Direct Contact - Poster ~ Unofficial

Postby Dolph_Fan on 06 Mar 2008, 17:09

An unofficial Direct Contact Poster.

...For those who cannot wait.
[/color]

- Dolph Fan
Last edited by Dolph_Fan on 19 Jan 2010, 20:19, edited 3 times in total.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 06 Mar 2008, 21:44

I like it! Good job!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Mar 2008, 13:31

What fonts did you use?
Jox
Site Admin

DIRECT CONTACT - Poster - Unofficial ~ Fonts

Postby Dolph_Fan on 07 Mar 2008, 13:56

Jox wrote:What fonts did you use?

'DOLPH LUNDGREN' :Compacta
'DIRECT CONTACT' :Compacta
'They thought he was dead
They were dead wrong' : Arial

Notes:

A font can have a different name depending on which manufacturer produces it (same fonts can be produced by many manufacturers).

Compacta is a solid / normal font. The decoration for 'DIRECT CONTACT' was applied seperately.

There are several of font that resemble Compacta. E.g. the Eurostile font that is currently used (at the time of writing) for some of the front page artwork is similar to Compacta in its Condensed / Condensed Bold style, only careful inspection of the font, and only of selective characters would show uniqueness between the two. The common font, Impact, is also similar.
Last edited by Dolph_Fan on 28 Mar 2008, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 08 Mar 2008, 01:45

Very nice! I'd make the tag line a bit bigger but otherwise it's perfect!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 08 Mar 2008, 17:12

Does anyone know when shooting for this project will be completed? In other words, how long is the shooting schedule for this film.

I hope Dolph will bring out some decent weaponry in this film, I kinda miss his Army of One days with the twin berettas and the sub-machine guns and even the cool gun that he had in Men of War. That's the only thing missing from his new movies. It would be good if there were those little elements from his old movies inserted into his new movies, then they would be perfection. I'm pretty optimistic about this project though, I hope there is no dodgy CGI, that's been one thing Dolph has always managed to avoid!!

I also hope its released this year, perhaps in November or December, which means that we will have had FOUR new Dolph films on dvd this year!! Must be a record!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Mar 2008, 22:49

Hey guys, I guess now is the time to tell you the good news: your webmaster (yes I!) flew yesterday to Sofia and just spent one day on the set of "Direct Contact"!

So let me just tell you that DC should deliver the goods! For those who wished there was more action in MM well this movie will be for you! DC is a straight forward, tongue in cheek, non-stop action flick with your share of hand to hand fights, shootouts, explosions, military jeeps and helicopter... and of course all old-school style! So far so good, what I saw today looked great, if it cuts together correctly this should be fun...

And Dolph is obviously in great shape and in a great mood. He makes sure everybody's doing good and comfortable (including me)!

So stay tuned for some good stuff to come out of this!
Last edited by Jox on 11 Mar 2008, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 10 Mar 2008, 23:05

Wow, Jox, congratulations! That´s awesome! Did you get to talk to the Big Guy?
How did this visit come about?
Details please?
dolphage
Regular

Postby Darling on 11 Mar 2008, 03:28

Hi Jox,
Great for you!!!! I hope for some nice Pics.Have a good Time there and big Kisses for Dolph from me!
Darling
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 11 Mar 2008, 03:43

Great news! Look forward to hearing more about the visit.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby preacher on 11 Mar 2008, 17:57

Wow Jox.
You should get an award for "most kickass, commited, allround-best webmaster ever, period"!!!

All your hard work over the years are really paying off.

Hope you are having a great time!
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Mar 2008, 20:24

dolphage wrote:Wow, Jox, congratulations! That´s awesome! Did you get to talk to the Big Guy?
How did this visit come about?
Details please?

Very simple, a few weeks ago right when it was about to start, I suggested to Dolph that I go there to try to do something about it and start promoting it earlier in the process. He said it was a great idea and would talk about it to Nu Image. Then I didn't hear anything for a while and told me when would be the best times I could go and asked what I preferred and then flight was arranged and here I am!

I first met with him in his trailer when I got on the set yesterday morning, and then we had a cool chat in the afternoon between takes, and we should talk some more at some point. What I can say is that he is as impressive and nice as he is known to be. Whenever he could he would make sure I was doing good or show me a shot on the video playback...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Mar 2008, 20:40

Mosquito wrote:Tagline? CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY! But very good. :mrgreen:

Typical Nu Image: there's nothing about him being dead in this movie... this would have fit MM better...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 12 Mar 2008, 00:26

Oh my god Jox, how I envy you. *sigh*

I have to come up with a reason why I should be there, too. ;-) One reason is that I've never been to Sofia before.
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies