DIRECT CONTACT (Danny Lerner, 2008)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bomaz on 10 Feb 2008, 01:03

Mosquito wrote:Tagline? CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY! But very good. :mrgreen:

Dolph = criminal rescuing girl sounds great. I watched Pitch Black and Riddick again and, well, Vin Diesel plays a criminal who (reluctantly) rescues some people (a girl, in the second movie). That kind of setting minus the sci-fi part would be perfect for Dolph, too.

the tagline remind me a quote in the punisher (with jane) : they thought they murdered me ! they were wrong, they were dead wrong ! "
bomaz

Postby dolphage on 10 Feb 2008, 09:47

I´ve got to say, Dolph´s version is better. More to the point. It´s the kind of line you want to hear Don LaFontaine say (the original movie previews guy).
Can´t wait!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2008, 14:59

Mosquito wrote:Tagline? CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY! But very good. :mrgreen:

Yeah it works for this type of film but I can't believe distributors still write this on posters with no shame in 2007 when this has been used endlessly in the last 20 years.

But by the way I'm not even sure the marketing people who put it up there actually read the script or synopsis before hand...!

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2008, 18:10

Rumor has it that it was starting shooting this week in Bulgaria but I have really no proof yet...

someone told me he saw something about it by googling Nu Image...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Feb 2008, 19:35

Wow! That was quick - hopefully it'll be released this year!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 10 Feb 2008, 22:45

Hopefully we'll get some cast and budget info soon. I hope Ben Cross is in this one, and also they should get Robert Miano, aka the bad guy from Stormcatcher- I watched it again, and he's a good actor (was going to be in The Controller back in the day). I'd love Rutger Hauer to be cast but I don't think he's generally in the Bulgarian region for many films. Would be good though. Hopefully we get some good names in it. There's also bound to be a few Brits in there for Soap fans to spot, as they tend to circulate round the Eastern European actioners.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Feb 2008, 17:42

According to the VD forum "chief editor", DC is set to start February 19th, in less than a week! So I assume Dolph will go on with his trip further east going Berlin to Sofia, or something along those lines...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 13 Feb 2008, 23:02

Thanks for the news Jox, I'm excited already, hoping for some brutal fights, some cool weaponry and a cool car chase.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Feb 2008, 12:03

I'm relieved: Ross Clarkson is attached as the DP according to IMDB (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1182609/)
Jox
Site Admin

Dolph starts shooting today in Sofia

Postby Darling on 19 Feb 2008, 20:43

Darling
Regular

Postby dolphage on 21 Feb 2008, 18:43

dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2008, 12:17

Someone please translate this article, it seems there's more details about plot, and it sounds the movie co-stars a model called Gina Marie May and one of the early Nu Image stars Michael Pare (!)...
Dolph Lundgren снима филм в България

19/02/08 17:02
Холивудският актьор Долф Лундгрен (Dolph Lundgren) започна снимките на новия си филм с работно заглавие "Директен контакт" (Direct contact) на снимачната площадка на "Ню Бояна" в България.

Лундгрен играе екшън герой, като се превъплъщава в образа на затворника Майк в новата продукция на американската компания "Ню Имидж".

Снимките на продукцията ще продължат четири седмици. През този период в снимачна площадка ще бъдат превърнати също стадион "Локомотив", столично заведение, различни места в Панчарево и Равно поле. В "Ню Бояна" снимките са на закрити декори.

Сценарият на "Директен контакт" проследява съдбата на героя на Долф Лундгрен - затворника Майк, на когото предлагат секретна мисия. В замяна му гарантират законно измъкване от затвора. Майк приема сделката като вярва, че тя идва от правителството. Но се оказва, че е нает от американски бос от подземния свят, за да спаси отвлечената му дъщеря Ана, в чиято роля се превъплъщава Джина Мъри Мей (Gina Marie May).

Информацията, с която Майк разполага е, че Ана е в България. Той тръгва по следите й, за да се срещне с местните мафиоти, набедени за отвличането й. Ролите на част от "лошите" са поверени на Майкъл Паре (Michаel Pare), Владимир Владимиров, Ути Бъчваров и Башар Рахал в ролята на български генерал. Мисията на Майк е успешна, но изненадата е, че отвличането на Ана е заблуда. Историята завършва щастливо. Ана и Майк се оказват влюбени и много богати.

Режисьор и продуцент на филма е Дани Лернер (Danny Lerner). Реализацията е от изцяло български екип.

http://www.avtora.com/news/nowini/dolph_lundgren_snima_film_w_bulgariya
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 22 Feb 2008, 17:44

Michael Pare!! It's kinda Punisher vs Punisher then! (Pare I believe was original choice for Dolph's part). I liked Streets on Fire and some of the 80's stuff Pare did. I'm liking the idea of pairing Dolph off with another action star. Hopefully with more success than Gary Daniels. I suppose the Lerners know action and will almost certainly not miss the opportunity like the Retrograde producers did. I think Pare has a lot of making up to do for starring in so many Uwe Boll films though!
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2008, 22:33

Actually Goldblatt told me Michael Pare has never been mentioned for the "Punisher" unlike what rumors say (another now famous action star wanted to play it but I keep that for my book!)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 22 Feb 2008, 23:18

Oh well, I guess I'll have to use the Roland Emmerich connection then. Pare starred in Rolands first film Moon 44.
Tom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies