COMMAND PERFORMANCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: COMMAND PERFORMANCE (2009)

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2009, 00:46

Mosquito wrote:
Jox wrote:WOW Mosquito! And if I remember correctly, weren't you a bit skeptical about this movie?

Yes I was after the trailer, and I'm very happy to say that my expectations regarding that scepticism weren't met.

The final trailer? (not promo with the song) I'm not a huge fan of it either, they totally downplayed the whole concept (like the overall official Nu Image/First Look publicity).
I hate Bourne and the last Bond for that style.

Oh me too...

EDIT: btw someone who should post a more enthusiastic review than the current ones on Amazon...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 11 Nov 2009, 03:37

It's good to know that most of you enjoyed this movie, but is it really Dolph's best movie he directed or was The Mechanic still his best?
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 11 Nov 2009, 05:29

As much as I really dug CP, it's not quite as good as The Mechanik. Now THAT was one of Dolph's absolute best movies for sure, if not the best-made.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Jox on 12 Nov 2009, 17:31

CP is not in the rentals top 50 this week, it's only got 5 days on the counter (Nov 3-8) though so maybe it has a chance to pop in next week?
http://us.imdb.com/boxoffice/rentals

Waiting for the non-theatrical rentals market data from Video Business.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 12 Nov 2009, 17:44

Hmm, I checked the charts when I signed on today, they seem to be getting published later and later, however, this isn't so good. Hardwired made it into the charts and it was released on the same day, fairplay it's got two reasonably good-selling stars in it, (Cuba Gooding, Val Kilmer) but I haven't seen either of them do promotion and it's been a pretty quiet release all round and that made it to number 27. Cross our fingers for next week but I'm kinda doubting it will enter. Anyone seen any TV spots for CP?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 12 Nov 2009, 18:47

They don't seem to publish takings anymore either, they do percentage against the top rentals earnings. Strange really.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 12 Nov 2009, 19:36

I know mate, I hate that, it gives less of an indication of success, so what's the point?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Sascha on 12 Nov 2009, 23:21

ok guys just found out that the german dvd will be censored.
http://schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=1717
is the us blu ray codefree ?
Sascha

Postby MikeR on 12 Nov 2009, 23:24

Sascha wrote:is the us blu ray codefree ?

No one seems to know yet. Unless anyone knows here, these people are the best ones to find out. I've dropped them an email and they will check as soon as they get a disk.

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=47162

M.
MikeR

Postby Jox on 13 Nov 2009, 00:07

Sascha wrote:ok guys just found out that the german dvd will be censored.

It seems yet unknown if there will be an uncut version which I think has good chances.
Otherwise get the French Blu-ray in January, and it will have more bonuses including MY interview!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 13 Nov 2009, 01:34

Jox wrote:It seems yet unknown if there will be an uncut version which I think has good chances.
Otherwise get the French Blu-ray in January, and it will have more bonuses including MY interview!

You mean, an uncut version somewhere in the world? Are all of them cut? Or are you refering to the German edition?

2 minutes cut, that really sucks. I had my hopes up for Kinowelt because they usually have very good quality releases. But that price seems to high... :evil:

Jack Caine wrote:As much as I really dug CP, it's not quite as good as The Mechanik. Now THAT was one of Dolph's absolute best movies for sure, if not the best-made.

Well, that's a matter of taste. The Mechanik was good, storywise, but the look & feel of CP is better, imho, and so are the fights.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Sascha on 13 Nov 2009, 16:15

Jox wrote:
Sascha wrote:ok guys just found out that the german dvd will be censored.

It seems yet unknown if there will be an uncut version which I think has good chances.

This is also an option.
But shipping costs from amazon.fr to germany are very high.
Sascha

Postby Warchild on 14 Nov 2009, 05:23

Jox wrote:CP is not in the rentals top 50 this week, it's only got 5 days on the counter (Nov 3-8) though so maybe it has a chance to pop in next week?
http://us.imdb.com/boxoffice/rentals

Waiting for the non-theatrical rentals market data from Video Business.

It is kinda dissapointing, knowing Dolph did so much interviews and you Jox and also a few fans that help promote around the web regarding CP and it did not top the charts at all.
Maybe the problem is people have seen this kinda movie scenerio many times before like Under Siege, Die Hard and Sudden Death etc...
Maybe the audience wants something new and interesting that was never done before. :(
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 14 Nov 2009, 12:04

Warchild wrote:Maybe the problem is people have seen this kinda movie scenerio many times before like Under Siege, Die Hard and Sudden Death etc...
Maybe the audience wants something new and interesting that was never done before. :(

I don't think that's the reason. Or course people want to see new stuff, but they also want to watch common plots again and again. Think "Romantic Comedy"... it's always the same story with slightly different settings. Why should Action Cinema be different?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Nov 2009, 16:29

I don't know about the promo, Dolph did some big shows but in terms of quantity there hasn't been as many interviews or reviews as for MM (did FL sent out enough screeners, not sure). Also of course the leak killed it and you can tell on IMDB there hasn't been that many votes since the release but more than 450 since it's been online (same of the CP site visits which where huge with the leak but rather average since the release)... I don't know... I did what I could, not 100% but way more than I've been paid for.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies