COMMAND PERFORMANCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: COMMAND PERFORMANCE (2009)

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2009, 17:16

The character is also written to be kind of a fish out of water, so he can totally be an older dude, almost a looser, just playing drums in a younger band.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MikeR on 05 Nov 2009, 17:46

dolphage wrote:
Travis wrote:I think I would have loved this movie if Dolph made it 20 years ago. He was just way too old for this role.

Yeah, but these days rock stars linger on in the business until they're in their.. sixties (like the Stones), so Dolph's character makes sense in a "Tommy Lee" - sorta way.

hmmm Big-D in full KISS make-up? There isn't enough awe in the World for that.

M.
MikeR

Postby Nathan on 05 Nov 2009, 18:00

Jox, have you any idea on UK release date for CP? I don't want to give First Look the pleasure of my purchase but I'm not sure I want to wait for ages either because we haven't even got Direct Contact yet, Lionsgate Home Ent were meant to release that, maybe they'll pick up CP for the UK?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2009, 18:04

Sorry Nathan I have no idea (would have told you :wink: ). I believe indeed that Lionsgate UK picked it up, but I can't find their press & publicity departments info... (get one used? or resell it afterwards when you get the UK release?)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 05 Nov 2009, 18:52

MikeR wrote:hmmm Big-D in full KISS make-up? There isn't enough awe in the World for that.

M.

The universe would implode. In fact, I just had an "accident" thinking about it.
Nathan wrote:Jox, have you any idea on UK release date for CP? I don't want to give First Look the pleasure of my purchase

I second that.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby udar55 on 05 Nov 2009, 19:11

I watched this one on Tuesday and enjoyed it. One thing that did bother me though was Dolph's usage of shaky-cam and hyper-editing. I can't stand the shaking camera and crash zooms, especially in dialogue scenes. In his previous directorial outings, he handled the action quite well. Here, there were times you couldn't even tell what was going on. A minor quibble though as I still enjoyed the film.
udar55

Postby Mosquito on 05 Nov 2009, 23:57

udar55 wrote: I can't stand the shaking camera and crash zooms

ADD ME!

(Haven't seen it yet though)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 06 Nov 2009, 03:32

Jox wrote:Sorry Nathan I have no idea (would have told you :wink: ). I believe indeed that Lionsgate UK picked it up, but I can't find their press & publicity departments info... (get one used? or resell it afterwards when you get the UK release?)

Cheers mate, might just do that, struggling for money anyway. :)
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Nov 2009, 18:00

COMMAND comes out in Germany on January 19th (rental, retail on March 4th), Filmstarts posted what could be the cover (title treatment not finalized?) and some new stills!
http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/14 ... dgren.html

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 06 Nov 2009, 18:55

Ahh now that's more like the type of cover that should be released, little bit bland but at least they've got the rock theme in there. To be honest, there hasn't been a cover I've really liked yet for CP, it's a shame.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Nov 2009, 19:06

It shows how the concept and combination of action & rock 'n roll was too unique for distributors to grasp how to market it; and of course they rather make a safe bet and just use the usual Dolph Lundgren movie card.

But to be honest I think it's a general syndrome that doesn't only apply to CP but even theatrical movies in general, I've felt the artworks quality has been decreasing significantly over the past 10 years. With some exceptions of course, the photoshop era saw very bland posters and covers lacking any originality or ambition.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 06 Nov 2009, 20:43

Couldn't agree more Jox, photoshopping hasn't only introduced some really uninteresting and generic covers as you say, but it's also made way for distributors who don't give a fuck, to submit a diabolical cover for a movie that is a blatant copy and paste job, Steven Seagal covers being the worst. And what's with them inserting elements that aren't even in the story? I study marketing at University and I agree that movies are not being marketed properly at all, if I can, I will get into something involving the marketing of films and TV works, I'm sure I could do a better job than "Don't Want to" Look Studios...
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Nov 2009, 22:23

Nathan wrote: if I can, I will get into something involving the marketing of films and TV works, I'm sure I could do a better job than "Don't Want to" Look Studios...
That'd be cool but be careful not to get disillusioned, because in this industry (and others?) the best competences, ideas and good will are often refrained, in the end it comes down to doing what you're told no matter how right you are... :(
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 06 Nov 2009, 22:59

Jox wrote:That'd be cool but be careful not to get disillusioned, because in this industry (and others?) the best competences, ideas and good will are often refrained, in the end it comes down to doing what you're told no matter how right you are... :(

Fine, not a bad piece of advice, but come on... The kid's gotta go out and grab the world by the b*lls. There's something to be said for youthful enthusiasm too. And for having dreams and aspirations and setting goals for yourself. It's not time for Nathan to give up on all that just yet.

BTW, Nate don't get offended that I call you "kid", it's just that I'm a very, very old man. Incredibly old. Like The Highlander.

Only way older.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies