COMMAND PERFORMANCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: COMMAND PERFORMANCE (2009)

Postby dolphage on 16 Nov 2009, 13:00

:mrgreen:
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby dolphage on 16 Nov 2009, 13:01

:|
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Krom on 16 Nov 2009, 17:42

Hmm, i think CP didn't make top 50 rentals, this is because Diamond Dogs and Direct Contact, same with Van Damme,Snipes,Seagal..so seems than Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer are the main DTV stars now :?
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2009, 17:46

Krom wrote:Hmm, i think CP didn't make top 50 rentals, this is because Diamond Dogs and Direct Contact, same with Van Damme,Snipes,Seagal..so seems than Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer are the main DTV stars now :?

I think DD & DC have little to do with it, remember part of MM's success was because the cover was so badass, here I wouldn't pick it up myself if I was the average anybody...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 16 Nov 2009, 17:48

You're right, the cover is so bad. Second, if i'll be an average anyone i wouldn't rent something after DD. On international i'm sure that will have success like most of Dolph's movies, but i'm worried regarding the US market, it's a step back with those idiots distributors, i don't understsant why he didn't continued working with Stage 6..
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2009, 20:43

Krom wrote:i don't understsant why he didn't continued working with Stage 6..

On the production side, Sony/Stage 6 didn't support him much either and he didn't have anything to do with the First Look acquisition of CP for the US.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 17 Nov 2009, 06:35

I think DD & DC have little to do with it, remember part of MM's success was because the cover was so badass, here I wouldn't pick it up myself if I was the average anybody...

I agree Jox, like i said before one of the reasons i started to collect Dolph DVD movies and started to watch his movies again was The Mechanik DVD cover. I stopped watching Dolph movies back in 1999, the last movie i wacthed was The Last Warrior which i rented and then i totally forgot about him and moved on then in 2005 i was looking at some DVDs and saw this awesome cover that catched my eye and i actually bought it, instead of renting and i was pleased and satisfied how good the movie was and started buying Dolph DVDs into my collection even the bad movies like Agent Red and Cover Up which i don't like, i bought both these DVDs, my collection is still growing, I'm waiting for Detention, The Final Inquiry and Command performace which i ordered through amazon.

A badass DVD cover like The Mechanik and Missionary Man makes a difference, people who see a bad ass good looking DVD cover will give it a try, a DVD cover like CP, it won't atract people, it's like looking at a beautifull woman, your going to look and look and try to pick her up if you got the balls, but an ugly woman your going to skipp it.

How hard is it to understand this logic in business, whoever came up with that cover should be fired, how the hell this guy got a job, did he had to kiss ass, he must have kissed alot of ass.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2009, 11:30

Warchild wrote:How hard is it to understand this logic in business, whoever came up with that cover should be fired, how the hell this guy got a job, did he had to kiss ass, he must have kissed alot of ass.

What you have to understand is that this business actually has no logic. Nobody came up with that cover, some exec said you have to use "the one we already made"(Since this is now almost the same company maybe Nu Image imposed it), period. And this decision probably may have little to do with the movie marketing (all political)...

Yes it's dumb and stupid but that doesn't just happen in the movies: ever been told by your boss (or who ever has the power) to do something you knew was stupid?

Which makes me think when Dolph pitched the project of CP to Nu Image they probably first thought they'd prefer a usual Dolph movie, no special thing no need for a rock concert and music which is gonna be a pain in the ass production wise...

EDIT: Also maybe CP is doing better in sales than rentals? For instance it seemed to rank better in Blu-ray than DVD on Amazon...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sascha on 18 Nov 2009, 14:14

May I ask again if someone has the US Blu Ray and does it have a region code?
I cant wait to see the movie
Sascha

Postby Jox on 19 Nov 2009, 02:18

I think Blu-ray reviews indicated it was region A.

http://www.krismunro.co.uk/blog/2009/11 ... eview.html
OK you really have to laugh at the stupidity of some people's comments, I don't think I need to say more:
Firstly I have to say that Dolph has aged very badly, though I am comparing him to when I last saw him which was in Rocky 4 so he was a young guy then.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 19 Nov 2009, 02:23

Wtf, do they realise he's over 50 years old, to have such a good complexion and toned body at that age is great. What are they expecting? I think he looked pretty ugly in Rocky IV anyway. He's much cooler and "with-it" now.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Nov 2009, 18:54

Mosquito wrote:
Jox wrote:It seems yet unknown if there will be an uncut version which I think has good chances.
Otherwise get the French Blu-ray in January, and it will have more bonuses including MY interview!

You mean, an uncut version somewhere in the world? Are all of them cut? Or are you refering to the German edition?

2 minutes cut, that really sucks. I had my hopes up for Kinowelt because they usually have very good quality releases. But that price seems to high... :evil:

Unfortunately I've got confirmation that Kinowelt will only release the cut version (only in Germany so far). :evil:

I don't know what curse got into the release of this film but it really seems to be sabotaged from all sides (or was I expected too much?). It's all the more frustrating since this time I was involved and really tried avoid errors from the past and promote the movie and Dolph properly.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 19 Nov 2009, 19:39

Nah you're not the only one that thinks everyone has been on a quest to fuck this from day 1. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but yeah I was expecting everything to be much better this time around, I expected Sony to pick it up, for it to have a killer cover like Missionary Man, for it to be promoted more, for there to be a better trailer, because the trailer does rather suck considering the unique concept, nobody has made the most of the rock element. Not only that, it's better than MM so I thought if Sony got it they would do a tiny theatrical like they did with MM. It is all very underwhelming mate, and I really feel for you considering your efforts, same with DC when I heard the website got scrapped for that, I feel that you have put it so much effort for First Look simply not to give a fuck. They basically ruined the ending by releasing it on the web too, that's like Sony releasing the fight between JC and Dolph, on a lesser extent, what the fuck marketing company releases the end of a movie as an exclusive clip? It's unreal.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 19 Nov 2009, 21:03

Jox wrote:I don't know what curse got into the release of this film but it really seems to be sabotaged from all sides (or was I expected too much?). It's all the more frustrating since this time I was involved and really tried avoid errors from the past and promote the movie and Dolph properly.

I understand that completely. I guess the work you did has to be it's own reward. You succeeded in YOUR involvement in the project but it's being fckd up by other people. Don't lose heart!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Sascha on 19 Nov 2009, 23:03

Jox wrote:I think Blu-ray reviews indicated it was region A.

http://www.krismunro.co.uk/blog/2009/11 ... eview.html
OK you really have to laugh at the stupidity of some people's comments, I don't think I need to say more:
Firstly I have to say that Dolph has aged very badly, though I am comparing him to when I last saw him which was in Rocky 4 so he was a young guy then.

No the review says Region A (B+C untested)
Sascha

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies