COMMAND PERFORMANCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jox on 02 May 2008, 14:24

Yeah as far as I know he's still directing, and I don't think he would give away his director's chair for this one...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 May 2008, 16:30

Nu Image posted a updated teaser poster, which I think is less generic, you have Moscow and all, it just misses something to sell the concert and Dolph at the drums concept...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 07 May 2008, 18:52

Nice poster still, good that they care about early promotion.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 May 2008, 00:18

Well actually, seeing that they added the Kremlin I somehow wonder if they did it after I recently sent a proposal and ideas to Dolph that he might have passed on... but maybe not...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 08 May 2008, 00:25

Cool! Is this movie an absolute DEFINATE, will be filmed and is totally green-lit and can never be cancelled unless there is some huge mess up or problem? :shock:
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 11 May 2008, 20:37

CP is considered as the 7th "thing on our mind this month" for english magazine Empire {Dolph Lundgren to star as a drummer who has to save the day at a gig. Look out for eyeball/drumstick interface and zinger : "Goodnight Cleveland"} (in the issue 228) :wink: no need to scan the page ( first, there is only text, second : the cover is "the world's first fully 3-D cover")
bomaz

Postby Nathan on 11 May 2008, 23:00

Okay, this is the one with the Hulk on it, right? What page is it mentioned on?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 May 2008, 20:48

Latest CP news from Dolph himself!
"I'm working on casting COMMAND PERFORMANCE and am going to Sofia next week to get started with the storyboard artist and the budgeting. We plan to be in full pre-production mid-June, through July and start shooting beginning of August."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 15 May 2008, 20:51

I hope we get a couple of well known cast members. I'm still waiting for Dolph to work with Rutger Hauer. Dolph's sidekick in the film is a perfect part for Scott Adkins, a good up and coming action star.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 15 May 2008, 21:18

Cannot wait for this project and Icarus - 2008 and 2009 seem to be fantastic years for Dolph and I hope that Direct Contact and Command Performance will continue this good phase he is going through - better not jinx it but I truly hope he does well, there is no one that deserves it more.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 28 May 2008, 16:59

According to a recent Bulgarian interview, there's a possibility Eric Roberts will play the villain in CP. Hope this is true. I really don't see why these DTV action star flicks don't make more use of some really good actors out there, and available. I hope Dolph gets to do a film with a cast as good as The Inquiry again. I hope he also gets Ben Cross back too, and maybe one or two more recognizable names. You normally get 1 or 2 at the most in these films, should be more really. I've always liked Roberts as an actor at his best, the guy can really act given the right role and direction- watch him in Star 80 especially.

I really hope this happens. He's apparently quite difficult to work with sometimes, while others he's a pleasure (bit like Wesley Snipes). I reckon he'd respect Dolph's clarity and talent behind the camera, and give a good performance.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 May 2008, 20:02

Which interview?

Dolph mentioned Hristo Shopov (from "Passion of the Christ" and "The Inquiry") as a good choice for the Russian villain but I don't know if he pursued that idea or if he found somebody else...

I used to love Eric Roberts since I saw him in "Best Of The Best" and "By The Sword", but I also heard some pretty bad stuff about him being and addict and and asshole. I also have steadicam operator buddy who worked on a movie with Roberts, Daryl Hannah and Tia Carrere, and said only Hannah and Carrere were cool and fun... I think the fact that he's in need to make 5 to 10 movies a years testifies for itself...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 28 May 2008, 22:20

He was on a bulgarian TV show. Interview can be seen here:
http://vbox7.com/play:9a074f3f

He mentions negotiations happening with Roberts' agent. I think he'd be a good name to add to the cast, as would Shopov too. Roberts seems to be a love or hate character I suppose. I've heard some of the bad on set stories, and some good ones too. I suppose the reason he's doing so many small parts and not so many significant big roles in better films, is the bridges he's burnt- people reluctant to give him too big a part (in the bigger productions anyway). He probably gets cast in his bigger movies like DOA, by one time fans maybe. For Dark Knight he was cast because of his guest spot in Heroes impressing. He's apparently mellowed more recently, and has even patched things up with Julia, last I heard anyhow.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 May 2008, 01:47

cool video, too bad it's so slow to load...

with Bulgarian band Mastilo (not sure if they're hired)
http://avtora.com/news/nowini/dolph_lun ... w_now_film

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 04 Jun 2008, 21:36

just a silly thought ... it would be cool if Dolph would let grew a beard for the movie (a "bouc" or something like that).
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies