JOSHUA TREE / ARMY OF ONE (Vic Armstrong, 1993)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: JOSHUA TREE / Army Of One (Vic Armstrong, 1993)

Postby Jox on 16 Mar 2016, 15:42

ShawnWatson wrote:I have recently filled out the T gallery on the IMDb with many stills and I have corrected the main image to the one-sheet poster art.

I have also added many pics to SILT, Dark Angel, Red Scorpion, and The Punisher.

Cool, I was wondering about that (didn't know anybody could update with images now).

Careful about the copyrights you add though I'm not so sure THE PUNISHER for the US rights are at Lionsgate anymore but what I do know is that the worldwide rights are now owned by Twentieth Century Fox so this would be more accurate (since they'd ultimately be above the US right holder in any case, antyhign to do with the movie to be with Fox), and DARK ANGEL's is 1989 (not 1990). :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Re: JOSHUA TREE / ARMY OF ONE (Vic Armstrong, 1993)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 16 Mar 2016, 16:18

ShawnWatson wrote:I have recently filled out the T gallery on the IMDb with many stills and I have corrected the main image to the one-sheet poster art.

I have also added many pics to SILT, Dark Angel, Red Scorpion, and The Punisher.

Cool. Could you please put a poster for VAN DAMMEs ASSASSINATION GAMES? And delete unnecassary older page of long story movie of him The Eagle Path?
TEMIRLAN

Postby ShawnWatson on 16 Mar 2016, 18:00

Weird. I didn't do that. It must have been part of the metadata in the JPGs I used.

Adding a bunch of Sweepers stuff tomorrow, even though it's a terrible film.
ShawnWatson

Postby Dida on 11 Apr 2016, 15:11

I am thinking about buying the German blu ray of Joshua Tree (I don't have a region free bluray player, so that's the only option for me right now). Can someone tell me something about this release? There seem to be a lot of versions of this movie. I am confused about this. Is this German version uncut? If no, what is cut then? Is it the violence. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 11 Apr 2016, 16:39

I don't remember the exact details (see in the pages above circa summer 2013) but the feedbacks were that the German release was NOT UNCUT and not of the best quality... :?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2016, 13:41

Co-producer, second unit director and stuntman Andy Armstrong (Vic's brother) wrote a book (on Kindle only):
Action Movie Maker's Handbook: The Art of Movie Action
http://www.amazon.com/Action-Movie-Make ... 935&sr=1-1

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 May 2016, 22:59

Rare HBO TV spot
(US premiere was February 1994, VHS & LD was October 1994)

(they say "HBO World Premiere" even though it had already premiered theatrically in many countries)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 03 May 2016, 09:34

Cool. I didn't have HBO growing up but I remember looking through TV Guide and seeing that ARMY OF ONE would premiere on there. Immediately got a tape to my buddy who did have HBO and could record it for me. Wore that tape out.

Lots of his movies in the 90's showed up on HBO months before they'd go on video in the states. That was the norm before they developed so much of their own programming.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Krom on 04 May 2016, 21:53

Such a shame this didnt make it to US theaters..like many other Dolph classics!
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Jul 2016, 01:05

Nameless Media is prepping a new (Mediabook?) edition and is asking for input from fans.
Apparently will include all the special features from the US release (all that's missing is the unrated extended version).

Hope they don't keep that cover (looking like a videogame) and the ARMY OF ONE title...

https://www.facebook.com/NameLessMediaF ... =3&theater
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme ... u-ray-disc
http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=10750
http://www.dvd-forum.at/news-details/58 ... blu-ray-an

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Jul 2016, 17:25

If they also scanned or got hold of a proper 24 frames/sec widescreen version of the trailer (as they seem to do with all they releases) that's a good sign :
http://www.fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?pvid=565088
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 03 Jul 2016, 07:59

Pretty good cover, maybe they will do more versions. Its that shotgub and pic photoshop or its a real photoshoot? Im not talking about the background of course. Anyway, a must buy! Hope they will do the same treatment for all his classics
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Jul 2016, 17:24

Krom wrote:Pretty good cover

I don't think it does represent the film at all.
(I don't like the predominant use of the US retitle (ARMY OF ONE) either.)

Its that shotgub and pic photoshop or its a real photoshoot? Im not talking about the background of course.
I can't tell either, I've never seen this from stills but could be a rare one, but it also looked photoshopped... Especially since the shotguns used in the promos were not the same:

Hope they will do the same treatment for all his classics
It's a really really small and artisanal label, doubt they could get all the rights and human ressources. Still waiting for their previously announced titles to come out (notably SHOOTFIGHTER 1,2,3 and BEST OF THE BEST 1,2,3,4 boxsets).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dolph_Fan on 03 Jul 2016, 23:29

Jox wrote:
Krom wrote:Its that shotgub and pic photoshop or its a real photoshoot? Im not talking about the background of course.
I can't tell either, I've never seen this from stills but could be a rare one, but it also looked photoshopped... Especially since the shotguns used in the promos were not the same:

My analysis is that there is a high chance that it was digitally manipulated (and gun added). Reasons to consider:

• Hugh chance the artwork in the photo was shot in daylight type lighting and then artificially darkened. Reason: there is a wide range of dark tonal values present in the photo's dark areas (although your naked eye & hardware may not be able to view/display them), camera's usually would not capture these if they shot photos in the dark, hence they were created in the darkening process of a regular lighted photo. (Luckily they survived the JPEG compression, usually they do not)
  • The forearm that holds the gun and the back end of the gun, is effected by a bloom effect (lighting from behind affecting the front). From the artwork, it is from the shine on the car that is behind. But obviously the car that is behind is from a different artwork as the lighting and the perspective of the car is very different. Hence this effect could have been added.
  • The gun, at the point where it is held in the palm of the hand, has a lightened top edge (border/rim). It would be very unusual and difficult to achieve this effect on this area only, with real world lighting. Also the rest of the image is not affected by what would have cause this 'edge' lighting in the real world.
  • In relation to the angle of the arm towards the camera, the guns perspective is slightly non-optimum. It seems the side of the gun is perfectly at a right angle (90 degrees) to the camera. If it followed the perspective of the arm, then usually you would expect the gun to be narrow as it approached the nozzle end. Could just be the way it was actually held (unnaturally).
  • The gun seems to be a little too small for the hand, at the point where it is held.
  • There is a small unnoticeable imperfection ?: At the end of the barrel (near the palm of the hand), There is a light horizontal line on the top barrel. This does not fit into any of the lighting in the image or even just the gun. Looks like the empty cartridge ejection cover.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies