"I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here"

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

"I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here"

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2008, 21:49

It as been announced Dolph might be on the UK version of the ITV show. I had never heard of it, looked it up and it sounds rather stupid but I guess that's another kind of mainstream publicity...

http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/reality/iacgmooh/default.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 09 Nov 2008, 22:10

Oh noooooooooo!!!!!! Please let him just be a guest and not a contestant. Jox, this is the absolute worst Z-grader show on earth, only washed-up TV presenters and crappy Soap-actors gone bust are on this show!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2008, 22:19

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/latest/2 ... -20880425/

They only say "in the frame" for the show so hopefully it's only a guest appearance, I don't think he'd have too much time for it anyway...

Thing is he's in London working with his editor so he'll probably be in a bunch of British TV shows to come.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 09 Nov 2008, 23:13

Yeah probably just a guest appearance because the show runs for months and it involves the contestants being in the jungle 24/7. Not Dolph's kinda show, certainly not a star of his caliber. Let's be honest, he is classed as a B-movie actor but the contestants in this show are Z-grade.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 10 Nov 2008, 00:53

I did have a feeling Dolph might appear, what with the timing of being in the UK and the show coming up. Let's not kid ourselves though, these shows often feature once big stars, now faded, and despite DTV success, Dolph is still somewhat of a forgotton man. An appearence on a show like this could actually re-launch him, or it could mess up the good work he's putting in at the moment. It'd be a risk, but it might result in theatrical projects, at least in the UK. Perhaps offers of TV series and certainly, a plethora of chat shows if he did well. It's TV coverage, and spotlight, the likes of which Dolph hasn't had in well over a decade, maybe more. He'd also get paid a fortune to do it. Maybe.

Personally, I think Dolph would have a fantastic chance of winning a show like this. He's cool and a likeable guy. Brigitte Nielsen appeared in celebrity big brother, and Janice Dickinson appeared in a previous I'm a Celebrity season too (it helped her career certainly).

Who knows, Dolph may be thinking of this as ultimate Promo for Command Performance, or perhaps to eventually help towards one of his more ambitious projects, like the Swedish WW2 movie, or Viking Movie etc. You never no. Knowing British tabloids, Dolph's recent appearences in the UK, have probably made them add 2 and 2 to make 5 but we'll see. I'd prefer he just stayed out of it to be honest. It's a big gamble, and it's rare that shows like this pay off. Dolph's doing too well, and I'd guess is slap bang in the middle of finishing CP.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 10 Nov 2008, 01:21

Did it help any of the contestants in the UK? They have this show on German TV, too, and all it does is that people laugh about or feel sorry for the participants. "Look what has become of him/her - how desperate must he/she be in order to do something like that". No, Dolph may not be on the highest point of his career, but he's better than that. Way better. And he's intelligent, so he will stay out of this.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 10 Nov 2008, 02:12

Not sure this holds water, because although Dolph is indeed in the UK where the show originates, it's filmed in Australia and the contestants are probably there in hotels kept away from the media; as crap as the show sounds, it's very popular, and there's a lot of speculation surrounding it.

In truth it won't be the worst thing Dolph can do; the exposure could push him back in the public conciousness. The hosts of the show are the top presenters in the country over here (Ant and Dec) and viewers tune in for them, so Dolph could potentially be seen by around 10 million roughly.
leigh1975

Postby Tom on 10 Nov 2008, 11:39

What I will say, is that when ever there's rumours pre-show, about potentially cool participants, it never surfaces. In previous years, Hasselhoff and Mr T, for two examples have been rumoured, but were never snagged.

Plus though I think Dolph would do brilliantly on it, and would get on well with people, there's always the potential for total career demolition. If he says just one wrong thing, that can be it, buggered. Plus his hardman image might get tarnished is he backs out of a challenge, fails miserably at a challenge, or has to do something ridiculous like eating Kangeroo dick (I kid you not, it's been done on the show).
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 10 Nov 2008, 19:34

I say stay away from it unless it's a guest appearance, for all the reasons Tom just mentioned and more.
Nathan
Regular

Return to News / Rumors