Danish western comedy?

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Danish western comedy?

Postby Jox on 10 Mar 2009, 16:36

Dolph is considered for the role of a (evil?) Swedish General in a Danish western comedy (described to look like an Eastwood film but be like an American comedy) called WESTERN ELTE (Western Heroes). The article mentions the part as being similar to what Tom Cruise did in TROPIC THUNDER in terms of departure/boldness. The filmmakers really want Dolph to do it and are waiting for his reply.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/filmogtv/f ... 136720.ece

Jox
Site Admin

Re: Danish western comedy?

Postby Kasper F. Nielsen on 10 Mar 2009, 20:57

Westens Helte* = Heroes of the west.

This sounds awesome though, thanks for the info. I really hope this pans out, I would love to see him in a Danish movie (being from Denmark myself).
Kasper F. Nielsen

Postby The_Canadian on 12 Mar 2009, 07:07

I think he should do it.

I refuse to accept that "Fat Slags" is the only flat-out comedy he's ever done. Besides, if it can do even half for him what Tropic Thunder did for Tom Cruise, I think we'll be able to see a major re-kindling of interest in the man...
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Warchild on 14 Mar 2009, 01:11

will it be just a cameo, or he will have a role like tom cruise??
This is a danish movie?? If it is I don't think it will be released in north america.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Nathan on 18 Mar 2009, 00:46

"Act in his native tongue..."

Still...sounds good to me, I say just go for it Dolph. :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2009, 01:01

Actually I think to remember Dolph mentioned this project a few months ago when I saw him in London and he was interested in it but that doesn't mean he will or can (schedule-wise) do it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 20 Apr 2009, 03:56

Is dolph interested in this movie because it's a western or something else??
Warchild
Regular

Postby Luigi on 22 Apr 2009, 23:27

Warchild wrote:Is dolph interested in this movie because it's a western or something else??

Good question. He likes westerns so that might be the reason, who knows?
Luigi

Postby Warchild on 18 May 2009, 16:45

It's good to know that Dolph likes westerns, i guess then we might see him do one in the near future :D
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 May 2009, 20:00

Dolph is all about westerns (When he was young spaghetti westerns were kings.) Even when he does like "Command Performance" he always thinks in western terms. One of his next projects is a another modern day western like MM set on the Mexican border. The only reason he hasn't done a proper western is the budget constrains regarding doing a period piece...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 18 May 2009, 23:08

Jox wrote:Dolph is all about westerns (When he was young spaghetti westerns were kings.) Even when he does like "Command Performance" he always thinks in western terms. One of his next projects is a another modern day western like MM set on the Mexican border. The only reason he hasn't done a proper western is the budget constrains regarding doing a period piece...

Would Dolph be trying to do a period Western next up? I hope so. He should find it a little easier to get financing now, and if the story is more personal and less epic, he could do it moderate budget.
Tom
Regular

Postby Dawn on 23 May 2009, 03:47

Its obvious now that I need to come up with an idea for a western. He likes like them alot and I would love to see another American western. What better place to film than here, where the road to the west started in the Kansas City area - Independence more specifically. Although Liberty is also famous for Jesse and Frank James. Hmm, time for me to get to work. He needs a movie with kick-ass action and some humor to it.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 24 May 2009, 02:58

Jox wrote:Dolph is all about westerns (When he was young spaghetti westerns were kings.) Even when he does like "Command Performance" he always thinks in western terms. One of his next projects is a another modern day western like MM set on the Mexican border. The only reason he hasn't done a proper western is the budget constrains regarding doing a period piece...

Jox are you saying that the reason Dolph hasn't done a western is because of the budget is not big enough to make a western, I actually though westerns were cheap to make because there isn't car chases, big explosions, exotic locations etc....
Warchild
Regular

Postby Kasper F. Nielsen on 24 May 2009, 03:49

If your western takes place in a city at all, then you need to build the city yourself and that's no cheap task. Period pieces are always more expensive, just look at the tv-series "Rome" which, even though it was a huge success, got cancelled because of its gigantic budget.
Kasper F. Nielsen

Next

Return to News / Rumors