Untitled OTTO SKORZENY project (D. Lundgren, 2008-13) (dev)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: News about Dolph`s next Project!

Postby dolphage on 04 May 2009, 17:12

Jox wrote:I'm glad we have an interesting debate here that goes far beyond the "Dolph is the man" and movies subjects.

I´m not qualified to have in depth discussions about anything so I´ll eventually try to steer the thread towards "Dolph fckng Lundgren rulez, dude".
Jox wrote:I doubt the project is gonna be big enough to stir huge controversy but let's wait for more infos first before getting on our high horses...

Don´t worry, we won´t be angry if the film doesn´t get made. We can afford to speculate. In fact, this discussion is interesting enough on it´s own to warrant it´s existence.
MikeR wrote:Which risks becoming an apologist for Skorzeny.

I agree. But I am very much against portraying nazis as "evil". It is misleading and dangerous to pretend that an entire generation of Germans were psychopaths who loved to kill jews and torture people. "Evil" has nothing to do with it. They were just people - sheep, who got led in a terrible direction at a very vulnerable time. By dismissing nazi´s as "evil" we (the people of the world) leave ourselves open for a similar thing to happen again. We learn nothing about the kind of triggers in human nature that can acheive such behaviour if we talk about it as being "evil" or "insane" or whatever (not saying that you do that).

That being said, gloriying the nazi ideology and making heroics out of the horrible actions that were carried out in it´s name would be even more dangerous and utterly irresponsible, as it is one of the darkest chapters in recorded history.

A multi layered portrait of Skorenzy would be the only right way to approach the film, but that WOULD mean allowing him to be an all out nazi, doing some terrible things AND a brave, human being at the same time. Not gonna happen. If it gets done they´ll either whitewash it or have him be a drooling sadistic "vhere iz ze mikkro-film?"-nazi.

I am sure the "old man looking back on his past sins" angle is a very likely possibility.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Tom on 04 May 2009, 19:08

Is there any confirmation Dolph's German project will actually be about Skorzeny?

I wonder if he's simply been cast in something entirely different. Though as a possible movie, the Skorzeny, sounds potentially very interesting. However as we've discussed. The portrayal could break the movie completely.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 04 May 2009, 21:01

I'm also wondering if, since this is about a German and might be filmed in Berlin, Dolph is actually going to speak German himself. I'm aware that he's not exactly fluent in German but since he knows the language and this is a memorized text, he might go for it if his accent is very light. I only heard him say very few words on that show "Durch die Nacht mit..." and there was a Rocky IV promo interview on German TV that was so long ago that I don't remember if he had a strong accent or not.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 04 May 2009, 22:08

WOW, is a very big Discussion here on Board! But I told you it is not public yet!
I have the Biographie of Otto Skorzeny and I did read the Book.
He is not that bad Nazi,who killed Jews!He was in whole Europe a Front-liner-soldier and he did NEVER wear the "Black SS Uniform".He got famous,because of the Mussolini Liberation 1943 Gran Sasso/Italia.
He was for 3 Years in Prison,but he was not guilty,provable!
If Dolph will play this Man,nobody will hate Dolph for this Role!Because Skotzeny was a good Soldier(like many soldiers of the other Countries) and NOBODY,who did know this Man,will call him "Nazi Schwein".
NOT all of the Nazis were Murderer!
And now let us wait,till the Project will start to shoot.
Darling
Regular

Postby Warchild on 04 May 2009, 23:56

I don't think all Nazis were bad and communists and fascists etcc...it's just that when you have a leader in a country who controls the army and forces people in that country to join the army then you must join or else face torture or death, which was the case in many countries.

Most soldiers fight because they have no choice and must fight or be killed by the enemy.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Daydreamer on 18 May 2009, 16:26

If this is true then Dolph is taking a huge risk, a positive portrayal of an officer of the waffen-ss (nazi or not) is bound to cause a lot of controversy. This thread is just a small sign of the things to come....

/Daydreamer
Jake: - What the fuck do you call 125 murders in 5 years?
The Punisher: - Work in progress.
Daydreamer

Postby Darling on 18 Mar 2010, 15:37

Just short bad News!
The german Script-Writer told me the Project World War II Movie (Otto Scorzeny) is now put into cold storage! There is nobody,who will finance! Too bad!!! :(
Also Dolph`s Assistant told me,there is no new Project in the Moment.She said hopefully sometimes this Year! :roll:
But we have a lot of Fun to watch him in Sweden as a Singer,Comedian,Talkmaster and at least as a Model on saturday! WOW! :lol:
Darling
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 20 Mar 2010, 01:27

would this be a movie about Dolph playing 'hitler' :?: . i will so kick his ass if that's the case and i ever see him one day. (or try to :lol: :twisted: ). GOD loves u Dolph. i love u too. (i am just playing with u). :D .
evegotbet

Postby irma_gedden on 24 Mar 2010, 00:23

Tom wrote:They should play the character as is. A bastard he might have been, but an interesting bastard none-the-less. Say what you will about Hitler, but he makes for a very complex character in the films about him. This could be good for Dolph to get away from playing a hero, and still lead the movie. However, if they just go into this with a DTV action movie mentallity, it'll suck. They need to seriously make a good film, that does justice to reality, bad, and good. That's why I hope there's money in this, and a good production team. Ideally there'll get a good profile director (I'd love Tom Tykwer, or the dude who did Counterfeiters), if not the best logic is to have Dolph do it himself.

Great post, I think this could be a very inyteresting movie. Dolph is an intelligent guy who seems to know a fair bit about history, so he is more than capable of making a quality film with this subject matter. It would also be nice if he got a chance to reach other audiences through a legitimate historical movie. It could go beyond the current DTV audience he has.

Btw, I just registred here, and I'm not sure if you are the main admin or not, but I had to say that this site is amazing! A great wealth of info about past present and future projects with exclusive content from Dolph Lundgren himself--well done!

EDIT:

Darling wrote:Just short bad News!
The german Script-Writer told me the Project World War II Movie (Otto Scorzeny) is now put into cold storage! There is nobody,who will finance! Too bad!!! :(
Also Dolph`s Assistant told me,there is no new Project in the Moment.She said hopefully sometimes this Year! :roll:
But we have a lot of Fun to watch him in Sweden as a Singer,Comedian,Talkmaster and at least as a Model on saturday! WOW! :lol:

Ooops! I should have read all posts before I posted. That's too bad he won't be making that film. It doesn't surprise me no funding was available for a possible Skorzeny project (if that was what he was going to make) because it isn't the traditional money-maker for an actor lilke Dolph (or any actor really). Hopefully he will get to work on it in the future.

In general, I think a historical project would be a good idea because it would help separate Dolph L. from what audiences expect of him, I think. It would be a good idea to try something different without a huge departure from what people like to see.

IG
irma_gedden

Postby Jox on 24 Mar 2010, 00:43

Welcome Irma and I'm glad you're taking part in our discussions!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby irma_gedden on 24 Mar 2010, 03:05

Jox wrote:Welcome Irma and I'm glad you're taking part in our discussions!

Thanks for the wlecome!
irma_gedden

Postby bomaz on 05 Aug 2010, 17:17

What the heck is that ? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1695892/ Must be an error or a young director having too much hope.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 17:52

Yeah like the one called THE NEW ARRIVAL I think some people try to get people interested in their project by adding his name on it even if they only sent him the script.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 May 2011, 17:20

Darling wrote:Just short bad News!

Darling, can you tell me the name of the writer?
Jox
Site Admin

Re: WWII / OTTO SKORZENY PROJECT (2009) (unproduced)

Postby Darling on 21 May 2011, 23:45

Jox,his Name is Karl Hemeyer from Berlin.Is there a Reason,why you like to know? :wink:
Darling
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors