CONAN THE BARBARIAN (Marcus Nispel, 2009) (prod. without DL)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph in CONAN?!

Postby Nathan on 05 Mar 2010, 00:46

I thought it was seeming more and more farfetched that Dolph would get a role. Ohh well, can't say I'm too bothered, it wasn't shaping up to be anything that I would want to see particularly.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 05 Mar 2010, 03:27

I have my doubts about how the film will turn out, but I'm still of the mind that pretty much any theatrical film would be good for Lundgren's career. Theatrical movies, even if it's just a small role, gets a face and name out there to the non-hardcore fans. But if CONAN doesn't pan out then we still have THE EXPENDABLES to give us our big screen-Lundgren fix.

Stephen Lang would make for a slick main villain. He's about the only thing I liked in AVATAR. He's got a knack for being a good villain in otherwise sub-par films (FIRE DOWN BELOW and THE HARD WAY being more examples).
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby MFS on 05 Mar 2010, 13:39

Rachel Nichols has joined Conan, she will be playing the female lead, Tamara:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63930
If Dolph is still up a for a part in this, we should know about it soon, since they're obviously deep into the casting process by now.
MFS

Postby Tom on 06 Mar 2010, 01:09

I'd figured Dolph would play one of the bad guys henchmen or Conan's father if cast in this. Obviously Rourke is now cast as Conans father. He may still appear as a henchman. The lead bad guy didn't seem right for him, but his right hand man could easily be played by Dolph.

Doubt he'll take a part like that ahead of projects of his own he's working on though.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Mar 2010, 12:54

Hopefully he'll pursue looking for parts in bigger movies and will land a better one than this.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 06 Mar 2010, 15:12

Jox wrote:Hopefully he'll pursue looking for parts in bigger movies and will land a better one than this.

Absolutely. Even if he DOES get offered parts in this or other high profile films he needs to make sure that the part is up to snuff, like he did with the new UniSol. Even cameos and supporting roles need to be well written and vital to the plot of the movie to be interesting for The Big Guy.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Mar 2010, 18:18

I couldn't say it better dolphage!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 09 Mar 2010, 05:07

I agree with Dolphage, i mean Dolph was so awesome in US3 that it hurts me just to watch him in only 10 minutes in the movie, actors do get noticed in small roles too and sometimes it leads them to bigger roles and more promising projects, if Dolph does get another cameo, this time in Conan, let's hope it's a cool bad ass character that gets noticed by the audience.
Warchild
Regular

Postby MFS on 13 Mar 2010, 13:39

Looks like Ron Perlman (who I believe voiced Conan in a video game) will be playing Conan's father, replacing Mickey Rourke, who will instead star as the villain in a "similar" movie called War of the Gods:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64215
MFS

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2010, 14:16

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... Id=13&cs=1
'Conan' rounds out cast
Lang, McGowan and Perlman at Bulgaria shoot
By DAVE MCNARY

Nu Image/Millennium Films has completed the cast for "Conan," adding Rose McGowan, Stephen Lang, Rachel Nichols, Ron Perlman, Said Taghmaoui and Leo Howard to star alongside Jason Momoa.
Marcus Nispel began lensing Monday at Nu Boyana Studios, Nu Image's facility in Sofia, Bulgaria. The film will be released domestically by Lionsgate.

Based on the Robert E. Howard books, the film is written by Thomas Dean Donnelly & Joshua Oppenheimer, Sean Hood and Andrew Lobel and centers on the mythical hero driven to avenge the murder of his father and the slaughter of his village.

Lang will portray a sadistic warlord, and McGowan is to play an evil half-human/half-witch. Howard appears as young Conan, and Perlman portrays Conan's father.

The film's produced by Avi Lerner, Boaz Davidson, Joe Gatta and Fredrik Malmberg. Exec producers are Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short, George Furla and Henry Winterstern.

The project's been in development for a decade; Paradox had set it up at Warner Bros. but decided against a new rights deal three years ago and went to Nu Image instead.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 18 Mar 2010, 20:40

It all seems a bit sucky now. Lundgren and Rourke in a Conan flick would have been insanely good, but the whole project has been going downhill since they went and hideously miscast the title character.

I won't be watching this one.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 20 Mar 2010, 01:46

I hope Ron Perlman doesn't ruin his career with this...
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 May 2010, 11:42

First CONAN set pics

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 May 2010, 19:10

The sets are actually pretty cool, if I didn't know better I would have said they were real. But I'm kinda glad Dolph didn't make it into this movie. When Mickey Rourke left and they mid-cast the lead it seems, I kinda lost interest in it.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors