NORDIC LIGHT (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2017) (status unknown)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

NORDIC LIGHT (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2017) (status unknown)

Postby Jox on 07 Jul 2010, 20:52

It's one of the World War I projects that Dolph has been developing, it's a period-piece spy-drama about the German-Swedish involvement in WWI. I think he wants to direct it but I don't think it will be made soon (at the soonest after SKIN TRADE and WANTED MAN) because it's not an easy project.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: NORDIC LIGHT (in development)

Postby Nathan on 12 Jul 2010, 20:30

And not a cheap movie to make either... at least compared to Icarus or Command Performance. I would like to see this, perhaps with some recognisable faces and Dolph playing off some decent actors. I would also like to see Dolph in a cool buddy-cop type role, (imagine him in say Samuel L Jackson's role in the Will Ferrel movie "The Other Guys".) Something like that would be great, so I hope this Nordic Light movie and Skin Trade will be the start of Dolph's ultimate attempt at diversifying.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 02:06

From what I heard Dolph say, this sounds like a two character piece set in a lighthouse, with war flashbacks (kind of like SILENT TRIGGER in a way).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 15 Jul 2010, 05:13

oh, i like this. this should be cooooooool to watch. ooooo, oooo, oooooo :D . Dolph at his best :D .
evegotbet

Postby bomaz on 15 Jul 2010, 10:12

Jox wrote:From what I heard Dolph say, this sounds like a two character piece set in a lighthouse, with war flashbacks (kind of like SILENT TRIGGER in a way).

Should be really interesting (lighthouse has a kind of mysterious aura for me).
bomaz

Postby Warchild on 25 Jul 2010, 09:58

This sounds very interesting, something i'm very much looking forward to watch if it ever gets made, because it's a kinda different movie from much what Dolph has made, if it's in a vain of Silent Trigger i'm glad because Silent Trigger is my favourite Dolph movie which, i probably must have watched over 100 times.

But this looks like it needs a fairly good budget, but i'm sure Dolph can make it work even with a small budget. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this project happens :)
Warchild
Regular

Postby Krom on 02 Aug 2010, 17:32

Well, i hope he won't have time to develope any project after The Exependables due to the casting on bigger productions.These type of projects are just for the dtv days when it was better to make his own movies than to be directed by any noname from dtv.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Aug 2010, 17:43

I'm sorry I don't agree with you on this one. And just because he's in THE EXPENDABLES doesn't mean the studios are gonna roll the red carpet under his feet, this Hollywood we're talking about remember, not a charity world. Plus this sounds like a serious project (not action DTV)... I'd rather have him direct his own little movies than being in any crappy Hollywood movies that comes along. I think he still wants to grow as a director anyway so he'll continue that anyway but that doesn't keep him from having other roles in bigger movies.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 02 Aug 2010, 17:58

Definitely +1 !
And to be fully honest, I would be as interested to watch a movie directed by Dolph without him, as watching a flick with him (directed or not by him). I'm interested in experiments ;)
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 09 Aug 2010, 23:06

Jox wrote:I'd rather have him direct his own little movies than being in any crappy Hollywood movies that comes along. I think he still wants to grow as a director anyway so he'll continue that anyway but that doesn't keep him from having other roles in bigger movies.

Word.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Aug 2010, 15:04

Jox wrote:I'm sorry I don't agree with you on this one. And just because he's in THE EXPENDABLES doesn't mean the studios are gonna roll the red carpet under his feet, this Hollywood we're talking about remember, not a charity world. Plus this sounds like a serious project (not action DTV)... I'd rather have him direct his own little movies than being in any crappy Hollywood movies that comes along. I think he still wants to grow as a director anyway so he'll continue that anyway but that doesn't keep him from having other roles in bigger movies.

I think there is the tendancy there to succum to any shitty role Holywood comes up with for him, I for one don't want to see him play a CGI laden bag guy in a spiderman movie for five minutes in the opening, til he gets killed insead of making his own projects. Ideally a combination of the two would be nice, a few juicy roles in Hollywood combined with high quality DTV efforts which in turn may have increasing budgets and increasingly better co-stars if he can pick up a few good roles in bigger movies. His role in The Expendables is the kinda thing I'd want to see him do, I hope Dolph won't do a movie just for the name of it or whatever, but I don't see him like that.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2010, 15:26

Dolph currently has three projects in the works that he will direct. SKIN TRADE, an action-thriller about human trafficking set in New York and Moscow; WANTED MAN, a film set on and around the Mexican border and NORDIC LIGHT, a period-piece spy-drama about the German-Swedish involvement in WWI.

http://www.dolphlundgren.com/director.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 23 Aug 2010, 19:26

Alexander Skarsgård will probably have some part in this one. Dolph mentioned that they hade something pland togheter
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Aug 2010, 20:59

He said Skarsgård but if I remember didn't precise if it was Alexander or Stellan Skarsgård?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 23 Aug 2010, 21:00

hansson55 wrote:Alexander Skarsgård will probably have some part in this one. Dolph mentioned that they hade something pland togheter

That's terrific. Skarsgard is a great actor.
bomaz

Next

Return to News / Rumors