NORDIC LIGHT (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2017) (status unknown)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NORDIC LIGHT (in development)

Postby hansson55 on 23 Aug 2010, 21:42

Anyone works :)
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby bomaz on 25 Aug 2010, 09:50

bomaz wrote:
hansson55 wrote:Alexander Skarsgård will probably have some part in this one. Dolph mentioned that they hade something pland togheter

That's terrific. Skarsgard is a great actor.

I meant Peter (I've never seen a Alexander movie). :wink:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 25 Aug 2010, 09:53

But Dolph meant of the Swedes (most likely Stellan) Peter is not one of them.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz2 on 25 Aug 2010, 11:13

Jox wrote:But Dolph meant of the Swedes (most likely Stellan) Peter is not one of them.

Yes, Stellan is alexander's father. I prefer Stellan (and I don't know why I said Peter).
And i'll stop posting while at work, it's too difficult :mrgreen:
bomaz2

Re: NORDIC LIGHT (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2013) (in development

Postby bomaz on 27 Sep 2013, 19:09

Great to see the movie is still on his "radar". I won't be too enthusiast on the schedule (he wants to direct it next year ... but in the movie business one year is far far away I guess) but i'm really looking forward to it.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 28 Sep 2013, 00:10

Well it's next on his radar after SKIN TRADE, how fast it gets off the ground will depend on how things progress on the financing etc.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 Nov 2013, 11:08

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/f ... 7916353.ab
Dolph kommer hem – gör film i Sverige
NÖJESBLADET AVSLÖJAR: Hollywoodsvensken gör film i Sverige

Dolph Lundgren filmar i Sverige – för första gången.
Han ska regissera det historiska krigsdramat "Nordic light".
– Det är inte den typen av film man i första hand förknippar Dolph med, säger manusförfattaren Henrik Jansson-Schweizer.

Ett krigsdrama i skärgårdsmiljö.
Dolph Lundgrens kommande film ”Nordic light” utspelar sig i skuggan av första världskriget.
När Nöjesbladet når Dolph Lundgrens manager Johan Pråmell bekräftar han att Dolph Lundgren återvänder till hemlandet.
Och manuset skrivs av den svenske producenten Henrik Jansson-Schweizer, som ligger bakom kommande "Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann".
– Det är inte den typen av film man i första hand förknippar med Dolph Lundgren, säger Henrik Jansson-Schweizer.

”Känns bra”
Filmen är ännu i finansieringsstadiet, men är tänkt att spelas in i bland annat Sverige nästa sommar.
– I mina diskussioner med Dolph har det känts bra, och även att sälja manuset till dem eftersom de har haft samma vision som jag, säger Jansson-Schweizer.
Filmen är en thriller. Manuset utspelar sig i skuggan av det oinskränkta tyska ubåtskriget som pågick i bland annat Östersjön. En fyrplats i Stockholms skärgård har en framstående roll.

Det är oklart om Lundgren syns framför kameran.
– En kvinna råkar befinna sig där och hon dras in i kriget och blir en avgörande bricka i det krigspolitiska spelet mellan Sverige och övriga Europa, säger Jansson-Schweizer.
Producent är britten Christopher Milburn som ligger bakom "Getaway" med Ethan Hawke och kommande "Outcast" med Nicolas Cage.
Dolph Lundgren jobbar samtidigt med en ny film om människohandel, som utspelar sig i Thailand och Kanada. Filmen börjar spelas in i januari nästa år.

Joni Nykänen
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 27 Nov 2013, 14:20

What I understood : the project has american producers and a sewede screenwriter on board (working closely with Dolph I hope), and should be shooting after Skin Trade, during the summer. Is that right ?
If it is, that's just wonderful.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 27 Nov 2013, 15:45

A British producer (who was a producer on LEGENDARY), the writer wrote the first script and Dolph acquired it (or whatever the deal is) and yes they've been closely working together. As for the production, shooting next summer is the initial plan but it will depends on the financing (which is not completed) and the schedule (SKIN TRADE should be fully wrapped around the end of March/beginning of April - and I guess there's also gonna be the EX3 PR to take into account) but D is definitely committed to tackle NORDIC LIGHT sooner or later after SKIN TRADE which is really cool. Back to business...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 27 Nov 2013, 17:08

And no info about the cast of course?
TEMIRLAN

Postby bomaz on 27 Nov 2013, 17:15

Within a couple of hours, half a dozen swedes site are spreading the news. Must be somthing big for swedish media I guess.
bomaz

Postby dolphage on 27 Nov 2013, 17:40

Translation:

Dolph Lundgren is making a movie in Sweden – for the first time.
He will direct the historical war drama "Nordic light".
"It is not the type of film that is primarily associated with Dolph, says screenwriter Henrik Jansson-Schweizer

A war time drama in the archipelago.
Dolph Lundgren's upcoming movie "Nordic light" takes place in the shadow of WW1.
When Nöjesbladet reaches Dolph Lundgren's Entertainment manager Johan Pråmell, he confirms that Dolph will return to his native country.
And the screenplay is written by Swedish producer Henrik Jansson-Schweizer, the man behind behind the upcoming "Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann (The hundred year old who stepped out of the window and disappeared)".
"It is not the kind of film we primarily associate with Dolph Lundgren, says Henrik Jansson-Schweizer.

"Feels good"
The movie is in the funding stage, but is supposed to be filmed, partly, in Sweden next summer.
– My discussions with Dolph have been good, and it also felt good selling them the script because they have the same vision that I do, says Jansson-Schweizer.
The film is a thriller. It's set in the shadow of the unrestricted German submarine war that took place in, among other places, the Baltic Sea. A lighthouse in Stockholm's archipelago has a prominent role.

It is unclear whether Lundgren will appear in front of the camera.
– A woman who happens to be there, is drawn into the war and becomes a key player in the political game between Sweden and the rest of Europe, says Jansson-Schweizer.

Producing will be done by the Briton, Christopher Milburn, who is behind the "Getaway" with Ethan Hawke and the upcoming "Outcast" with Nicolas Cage.
Dolph Lundgren is working, simultaneously, with a new film about human trafficking, which is set in Thailand and Canada. The movie will start shooting in January next year.

Sorry if the syntax is a bit weird, I ran it through an online translator and then, quickly, corrected it.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Nov 2013, 17:50

TEMIRLAN wrote:And no info about the cast of course?

Way too early! The feasibility of the project is still dependent on its funding results and nowhere near pre-production yet. Right now SKIN TRADE is in the process of casting.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 28 Nov 2013, 12:58

So, Dolph is intending to direct?
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 28 Nov 2013, 13:05

Absolutely.

It's been a pet project of his for a number of years now and made it his priority when he let go of SKIN TRADE. After ICARUS and toying around with SKIN TRADE. He realized he wanted to his next directorial project to be very personal. He's gonna co-produce as well, which why he decided to get his hand and focusing on producing with SKIN TRADE, so that he doesn't come "green" when he has to both produce AND direct at the time.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors