REPEATER (R. Ellis Frazier, 2012) (produced without Dolph)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

REPEATER (R. Ellis Frazier, 2012) (produced without Dolph)

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2012, 11:08

Now the cat's out of the bag!
Michael Jai White - Dolph Lundgren... Filming starts in March (20th?) in Mexico.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140329/

Writer director R. Ellis Frazier recently made two films with Andy Garcia that seems more than descent THE LINE and ACROSS THE LINE: THE EXODUS OF CHARLIE WRIGHT. Seems pretty interested in the Mexican drug cartels. He also wrote CONFESSIONS OF A PIT FIGHTER.

New DL greeting on http://www.dolphlundgren.com/
In March I'll be down in Mexico playing a South-African bad-ass opposite Michael Jai White

Casting call
REPEATER - March 19, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA & Tijuana, Mexico; Hannibal Pictures/Project One Films, 8265 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 107, West Hollywood, CA 90046.

CAST, Dolph Lundgren, Michael Jai White, David Fernandez Jr.

EXEC PROD, Jeff Andrick, Patricia Eberle, Douglas W. Miller; PROD, Richard Del Castro, R. Ellis Frazier, Geoffrey Ross; DIR, R. Ellis Frazier; SCR, Ben Budd, R. Ellis Frazier; CAM, Anthony J. Rickert-Epstein; COS, Arlene Castillo; LP, Miguel A. Saldaña

CSTG, Ricki Maslar (5020 Alcove Ave., Valley Village, CA 91607.); EX-CSTG, Barbarella Pardo; DISTRIB, Hannibal Pictures.

STORY: A noted Man-Hunter and Killer-for-hire, John James Smith, goes on a fateful mission to the dangerous underbelly of Tijuana, Mexico in search of the most feared man in the world.

http://universalmodel.net/EventDetails. ... 2&type=CCA

Here they quote a $10 million budget but I don't know if we can trust those trade listings, as producers most often tend to exagerate their budgets by 50% or more...
http://www.synopsisandtrailers.com/comp ... 12&ID=1238
Jox
Site Admin

Re: REPEATER (R. Ellis Frazier, 2012) (in pre-production)

Postby Moltisanti on 10 Feb 2012, 12:19

I've seen the other two movies from that director and they didn't wow me. Very stiff and overly serious. But pairing Jai White and Lundgren should be a slam dunk and provide plenty of opportunity for entertainment.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Feb 2012, 12:27

Full synopsis (beware of SPOILERS)
http://www.cinando.com/DefaultControlle ... IdF=122371

TRIVIA
It was previously announced at another production company with a cast comprising of Luke Goss, Gary Daniels and Bai Ling
http://www.28dayslateranalysis.com/2011 ... xican.html

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 11 Feb 2012, 12:50

Sounds to me like another bit part for Dolph. I do like the sound of the story though.
Tom
Regular

Postby gearsofwar3 on 11 Feb 2012, 21:07

I guess i was right about dolph starting in another bad guy role ?
gearsofwar3

Postby MacGyver on 12 Feb 2012, 05:07

Jox wrote:Full synopsis (beware of SPOILERS)
http://www.cinando.com/DefaultControlle ... IdF=122371

TRIVIA
It was previously announced at another production company with a cast comprising of Luke Goss, Gary Daniels and Bai Ling
http://www.28dayslateranalysis.com/2011 ... xican.html

Man, wish Gary was still on board.
MacGyver

Postby Tom on 12 Feb 2012, 18:07

This is the sort of film Gary might well get a part in. Seems there's a lot of bad guy roles in this and Gary could have one of the less significant parts perhaps. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him appear, especially as he must have previously been approached to star in the film.

Hopefully we'll get 1-2 more co-stars. The director's previous films, which also featured GD, had impressive cast lists.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 15 Feb 2012, 02:03

Is Dolph on some sort of one man crusade to work with every action star in existence within the next three months? It can only mean some good fights and interesting roles. I hope Chamber, Package and this are all solid action movies.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 15 Feb 2012, 14:35

Nathan wrote:Is Dolph on some sort of one man crusade to work with every action star in existence within the next three months? It can only mean some good fights and interesting roles. I hope Chamber, Package and this are all solid action movies.

Yeah me too. I'm certainly very interested by the choice of co-stars and also the directors involved too. There's a very good chance each can be decent, as long as the directors aren't held back by studio shit and politics. Of all of them, this one excites me the most because of the plot line, which promises to be action packed, as well as Jai White in the lead. If they get a good fight choreographer on board, then we'll see kick ass action. Blood And Bone was brilliant and White was immense.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Feb 2012, 11:36

This could be fun indeed and the Lundgren / Jai White pairing should make some sparks and good chemistry.

Regarding those action stars pairings I have the feeling it's now easier for everybody financially and harder to finance and sell low/medium budget action flick on one name only, so this might make agents and producers more comfortable, and while Nu Image stopped making lower budget films they're beginning to serioulsy be missed in the place...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 17 Feb 2012, 23:34

Personally I'd prefer if he'd be in less films but with higher quality. I have the impression that it's one of those "I take everything" phases. I had hoped that this was over and he was looking for quality roles now. *sigh* I certainly don't want to waste precious lifetime watching stuff equal to The Defender or The Last Warrior again. So far I've seen every darn Dolph movie except for Sunny Side Up which I can't get a hold of. And I almost own every Dolph movie. But I fear I might get picky and re-watch Red Scorpion or Men of War another 10 times before I grab random new stuff.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Feb 2012, 00:20

Mosquito wrote:stuff equal to The Defender or The Last Warrior

Are we talking about the same films? There's a huge quality gap between THE DEFENDER (not deep but very enjoyable directorial debut) and THE LAST PATROL/WARRIOR (hummm.... bottom) :mrgreen:

Yeah I don't know, hard to tell for now, but he doesn't seem to take on directing again yet and he gets all those offers, which might not all be bad, we know how much he loves playing weirdos. I'm not sure where is the state of financing for these films now, but again as I said I have a feeling these action stars pairings are not all coincidental... Or D may also be confused or oblivious at this new stage of his career, just hope history is not repeating himself. We shouldn't be complaining though because he miraculously came back into the limelight!

I get the feeling this could be a good one, not a cheezy low budget flick but something more serious with a certain amount of depth and research...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 19 Feb 2012, 00:24

Jox wrote:Are we talking about the same films? There's a huge quality gap between THE DEFENDER (not deep but very enjoyable directorial debut) and THE LAST PATROL/WARRIOR (hummm.... bottom) :mrgreen:

Of course The Defender is not as horrible as The Last Warriour but it's still among the Bottom Ten.

Well, "hope dies last" (wonder if that saying is known in English, too). I'll just wait for the reviews.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Feb 2012, 00:47

Mosquito wrote:Of course The Defender is not as horrible as The Last Warriour but it's still among the Bottom Ten.

Bottom Ten really?! Wow that's harsh, I'm really surprised to hear you say that. This is THE DEFENDER we're talking about not DETENTION right? I don't clearly remember hearing your thoughts about the film when it came out but I thought we here most agreed it was one of the best things he had done apart from his bigger movies. I say Top Ten or Fifteen easily (I actually put it on par with THE MECHANIK for different reasons), the film is in my opinion a fun fast paced (in the good sense) non-stop action flick with great production value for its budget, cinematography, sound design, score, top notch for what it is (especially considering our director stepped in 10 days before filming). Give it another try, Dolph even show off his body and sweat in the beginning for ya :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to News / Rumors