WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (DL?, 2012-2017) (status unknown)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (DL?, 2012-2017) (status unknown)

Postby bomaz on 13 Jun 2012, 18:22

On his welcome page, Dolph Lundgren seems to be planning to shoot a small drama in spetember.
Any news on this ?
bomaz

Re: UNTITLED SEPTEMBER DRAMA

Postby Jox on 13 Jun 2012, 21:17

He told me it's not totally sure yet, but that sounded like a good part in something different.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 28 Jun 2012, 14:53

Finally...I love Dolph in action films but I have wanted to see him do something else for a long time now.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jun 2012, 15:13

Yeah, and we shall first see him soon in a quirky comedy with SMALL APARTMENTS when it finally gets released.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Aug 2012, 23:54

It's called WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING starring and written by actress Robin Bain, directed by Alfredo de Villa (WASHINGTON HEIGHTS). In the vein of LEAVING LAS VEGAS...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1814950/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 11 Aug 2012, 12:27

Was hoping it would have been something more high profile. Hopefully it'll be good though and I like the idea of Dolph playing a Walken style character.
I wonder if Judd Nelson is still in the cast, or whether Dolph's taking his role.
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 12 Aug 2012, 04:13

I'm now extremely curious about this film... I think it's great that Dolph has really been diversifying himself in these two years, something I think we can thank The Expendables for. Yet I'm wondering what kind of role the big guy will have in a small drama. I'm thinking it's gonna big a heavy of some kind, or maybe a mob boss... Just a guess though. Looking forward to hearing more of the plot details...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 12 Aug 2012, 17:46

From Rainstorm Entertainment:
We couldn’t be more thrilled and excited to announce that actor, DOLPH LUNDGREN, currently starring in THE EXPENDABLES 2, has joined the cast of WITHOUT YOU I’M NOTHING.

Lundgren will play the role of GEORGE COCHRANE, a twisted, ex-con, who runs a multi-million dollar drug empire from his mansion in the Hollywood Hills.

FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Without- ... 2027254453

Starting principal photography October 15.
http://robin-bain.blogspot.com/2011/01/ ... signs.html

Synopsis:
http://www.withoutyouimnothingmovie.com/synopsis.html
Jox
Site Admin

Re: WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING (Alfredo de Villa, 2013) (pre-pr

Postby savagesketch on 13 Aug 2012, 05:35

A quite different, yet still intriguing, project. Similar vein of LEAVING LAS VEGAS and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM... both very depressing films. It'll be quite different seeing Dolph in a film like this. Looking forward to seeing his look.
savagesketch

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Aug 2012, 00:32

I'm guessing this won't be a theatrical release? I was hoping he'd follow up EX2 with something bigger like someone mentioned earlier.... I guess it's nice knowing though now no matter what he does project wise he'll still be an expendable and in EX3, LoL.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 14 Aug 2012, 09:33

It probably has better chances to go theatrical (and play in festivals) than any DTV, the art-house independent world is different. It can be good for his image, if he can get more respect as an actor, it'll be good for him and us and in the long run. He just fell in love with the script when he read it and was so surprised they thought of him for the role. Don't worry he still has projects where he kicks some ass! ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Aug 2012, 15:59

Jox wrote:It probably has better chances to go theatrical (and play in festivals) than any DTV, the art-house independent world is different. It can be good for his image, if he can get more respect as an actor, it'll be good for him and us and in the long run. He just fell in love with the script when he read it and was so surprised they thought of him for the role. Don't worry he still has projects where he kicks some ass! ;)

It's not even ass-kicking projects I'd like to see him doing ... I wouldn't mind him in bigger dramatic affair too as long as it's theatrical. His name recognition is back up again like it was just before EX1 release... except this time I think it's even higher... he hopefully starts getting juicier roles here soon.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2012, 10:43

There’s one I’m doing this fall called Without You I’m Nothing which is a drama about a girl who comes to L.A. to become a stripper. It’s written by the lead actress and there’s a good role in that, kind of like a crime boss, but he’s an interesting, mercurial type of a guy. So that’s dramatic, there’s no action. I don’t kill anybody.

http://movieline.com/2012/08/16/dolph-l ... ndables-2/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Aug 2012, 13:53

If this film doesn't turn out to be INCREDIBLY good it will be huge waste of time for Dolph. A half assed action movie still has an audience and will be seen as "cult" by a certain group of people, but a halfassed drama film will be an embarrassment forever.

I hope it's the former. That it's Dolph's "Copland" and that it puts him on the map as far as dramatic acting.

Allthough Copland did have a bunch of action it...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 17 Aug 2012, 15:23

dolphage wrote:If this film doesn't turn out to be INCREDIBLY good it will be huge waste of time for Dolph. A half assed action movie still has an audience and will be seen as "cult" by a certain group of people, but a halfassed drama film will be an embarrassment forever.

I hope it's the former. That it's Dolph's "Copland" and that it puts him on the map as far as dramatic acting.

Allthough Copland did have a bunch of action it...

Totally with you on this. Jox did say he doesn't kill anyone but it's just got a made-for-TV True Movies ring to it so far, I hope this actually turns out to be a decent indie flick. I just really don't wanna see Dolph waste any time doing things that aren't gonna solidify his "return" further, but in saying that, I am happy he is doing a drama. I am still stoked Double or Nothing didn't come to fruition.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Next

Return to News / Rumors