INVINCIBLE (Daniel Zirilli, 2013) (unproduced) (false rumor)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: INVINCIBLE (Daniel Zirilli, 2013-2014) (announced)

Postby Jox on 30 Apr 2013, 10:44

The Italian Director of Photography of RUSH and BLOOD OF REDEMPTION told me he's doing another 3-weeks shoot with Dolph next Friday so I'm pretty sure this is it (which also means RESCUE 3 is stalling)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 30 Apr 2013, 11:35

Jox wrote:The Italian Director of Photography of RUSH and BLOOD OF REDEMPTION told me he's doing another 3-weeks shoot with Dolph next Friday so I'm pretty sure this is it (which also means RESCUE 3 is stalling)...

Im struggling here for any good news! :D
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Apr 2013, 12:57

If the TV series fell through, I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe there's trouble because some of the guys behind it want to cut the budget. It is a fairly respectable budget for a show. Maybe they're struggling to get the cast together, or the guest stars.

As for this. It's a 3 week shoot, so I'm not expecting anything decent. It'll be a cheap rush job. Dolph I imagine will be here for half that shoot.

In all honesty, I can't see him getting into the role. I don't think he'll invest in it like he did Scott, or The Wolf, or The German.
He's turned down Unisol 3 and 4 a few times before eventually signing on, because they were originally too ordinary. He'd done it all before.
So signing on for this is obviously, purely a financial decision.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 30 Apr 2013, 14:23

Jox wrote:The Italian Director of Photography of RUSH and BLOOD OF REDEMPTION told me he's doing another 3-weeks shoot with Dolph next Friday so I'm pretty sure this is it (which also means RESCUE 3 is stalling)...

Next Friday hahaha. Hey Dolph want to be a crazed cyborg for a few weeks with Ving Rhames? Sure, when is it? Next Friday okay for you? Yeah, I only have five movies to shoot that week, so it should be sound.

How freakin' quick do they pull these things together?! Has Dolph become the new Seagal? He's definately churned out more in the past 2-3 years than Sensei Steven has anyway. I only hope that he shows some interest in this one, but I genuinely don't blame him if he doesn't. When given something interesting to do/play, (The Package) he puts in the effort, when given something generic, (Direct Contact) he doesn't, and when given something utterly absurd, (ITNOTK2) he looks as if he is about to crack up at any moment. The sheer rate at Dolph signing on for projects is disturbing but hey it pays the bills, it would be nice if occassionally he got to stretch his limits or even jump back in the director's chair. The miniscule shooting time for these movies is also pretty disheartening. It means no semi-elaborate action or lengthy fights.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 30 Apr 2013, 15:00

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Rescue 3 is postponed or cancelled alltogether.

From the get go, the entire projects seemed weird to me. From the premise all the way to the early artwork and concept trailer, the whole show seemed like a relic from the 90's.
I'm sure it would have been a huge hit as a syndicated show 15 years ago, but now the land of TV has changed so much. People want high quality shows, like the ones HBO produces. All the network shows are CSI-type crime stuff.

It's possible that tv networks and foreign buyers weren't too excited about a Baywatch clone in 2013, plus the budget seemed really high for a show like this, especially a syndicated show.

For Dolph I wish it will happen, because it's probably a good pay day, but as a fan, I would rather he do something else. But NOT this Invincible crap LOL.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 30 Apr 2013, 17:50

I'm not sure what the deal is with RESCUE 3 and I should find out soon, but it seems to me it's a done deal (and for 2 full seasons!) with the networks and it's TV so it should be less messy than an independent feature production from Nu Image or MPCA. So it sounds more like it's delayed.

But I sure wouldn't mind one bit if it was canceled or if D decided to skip that one. But that shouldn't force him to make 5-6 movies a year. Remember 10 years ago, one HIDDEN AGENDA or a DIRECT ACTION wouldn't be the greatest project ever but it would make for an anticipated "Dolph fix" of the year. Now getting a ONE IN THE CHAMBER+ a PACKAGE+ a RUSH + a BLOOD OF REDEMPTION and 3 or 4 other projects + a family TV show make them seem more generic than they already are...

So let's hope after Dolph gets the most dough out of those, he can then take one or two years off to produce and direct the hell pout of his projects, get hungry again!
Jox
Site Admin

INVINCIBLE (Daniel Zirilli, 2013-2014) (announced)

Postby Mosquito on 01 May 2013, 00:10

I absolutely agree with you, Jox. I haven't even watched the last few movies because I've lost track. Wish he'd pick less but better projects.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby DRC2013 on 01 May 2013, 00:20

Exactly. I think Small Apartments showed great potential. I was hoping it would be the start of a new era in Dolph's career where he would appear in some smaller roles, dramas, experimental stuff etc. Maybe even comedies. I could totally see Dolph play himself in an Adam Sandler comedy for example. Of course it's another thing if Dolph would be even interested in stuff like that.

But with movies like Invincible, it doesn't seem like it.

I think part of the reason why he is making more movies per year now than say 5+ years ago, is partly because the roles in each movie are shorter, and also it's possible that the money he was getting back then for a movie was better than what he gets now.

Also it's possible that his divorce was costly. I remember Chuck Norris was on Howard Stern after his divorce, and he said that he has to pay his ex-wife several hundred thousand dollars per year for the rest of his life. He said this with a straight face. And they had grown kids and everything. It's outrageous.

Also we have to remember that the DVD market is not doing too good right now. The budgets of these DTV action movies are not what they used to be.

I would be happy if Dolph would do one or two of these shorter 1-2 week roles every year just for the cash, and then he could focus on maybe directing, or doing more challenging roles in the meantime.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 01 May 2013, 10:29

DRC2013 wrote:Exactly. I think Small Apartments showed great potential. I was hoping it would be the start of a new era in Dolph's career where he would appear in some smaller roles, dramas, experimental stuff etc. Maybe even comedies. I could totally see Dolph play himself in an Adam Sandler comedy for example. Of course it's another thing if Dolph would be even interested in stuff like that.

But with movies like Invincible, it doesn't seem like it.

Oh yeah he would do be interested in that if he could, he proved many times he has no problem making fun of himself and he's got a good sense of humor in real life too. But not like he can just say "I want to be in an Adam Sandler comedy" and it'll happen. Mainstream Hollywood couldn't give a damn as he's too typecast. Actually wasn't it an Adam Sandler comedy where a character called himself after Dolph Lundgren? You'd expect them to offer him a cameo but NOOOO, they wouldn't....

SMALL APARTMENTS was even kinda lucky because Dolph knew Jonas Akerlund through Anette because Akerlund's ex-wife was linked or part of Anette's family.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 01 May 2013, 11:42

It is strange actually that in comedies with the likes of Sandler, Ferrell etc, they haven't got Dolph, JC, Seagal etc to cameo. These guys often get referenced in these comedies. Mind you, JC was apparently approached for Zombieland a few years back.

Maybe it'll still happen sometime, if the right project comes along. I do think Dolph could be hilarious in something like Anchorman.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 May 2013, 10:30

Disappeared from the Cinando and The Film Catalogue listings. Weird.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 03 May 2013, 11:02

Jox wrote:Disappeared from the Cinando and The Film Catalogue listings. Weird.

Wow my wish came true!! I'll just go check my bank account to see if that 10 million pounds I wished for turned up!
8)
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 May 2013, 12:21

I'd wait before rejoicing too fast because HE IS shooting something starting this week.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 May 2013, 12:50

Or is it... ANOTHER ONE still under Serafini (and a certain James Coyne)?! But apparently with Cung Le (DRAGON EYES) and Briana Evigan (STASH HOUSE or the better BURNING BRIGHT)
Gianni Capaldi ‏@OfficialGianni 6h
In 1st shot of the film tomorrow with VJ under directors @SerafiniG James Coyne #JusticeIsComing! @brianaevigan_2 @CungLe185 @Dolph_Lundgren

The title sounds like it's "JUSTICE IS COMING" (doesn't it remind you of a Jeff Wincott flick anyone?)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 03 May 2013, 14:21

I'm usually pretty good and "on-the-ball" regarding my favourite film actors. But genuinely, I am losing track now... :lol:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors