Black Rose (2014??)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph Lundgren in Moscow now

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2008, 11:04

According to some Russian website, Dolph would have had a meeting in Moscow arranged by producer Bob Van Ronkel with Russian actor athlete Alexander Nevski regarding a US/Russian co-production, a thriller being written provisionally entitled "Black Rose".
Jox
Site Admin

Dolph Lundgren in Moscow now

Postby Geoff on 10 Oct 2008, 11:45

According to some Russian website, Dolph would have had a meeting in Moscow arranged by producer Bob Van Ronkel with Russian actor athlete Alexander Nevski regarding a US/Russian co-production, a thriller being written provisionally entitled "Black Rose".

Oh is this something new????
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nathan on 10 Oct 2008, 12:22

Sounds like it, I like the title anyway!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Katry_K on 13 Oct 2008, 21:59

Again Russian? :)
About it it is written in the Russian newspaper 11/10/2008
Russian actor athlete Alexander Nevski say:
«Dolph essentially does not act in film in episodes, he plays only leading roles, but at me the film scenario “Black rose” now lies, in which Dolph can play for the first time a small role — the chief of the Moscow Police».

Plot: the American police cannot open murder in Russian area of Los Angeles. From Russia to them to the aid send the best expert who will play Alexander Nevski. Him hero — the adherent of a deductive method, Sherloсk Holmes fan.
The chief of Russian Police sends Alexander in dangerous business trip.

However, Dolph yet has not given the consent, Bob Van Ronkel just now carries on with it negotiations.
Katry_K

Postby Nathan on 14 Oct 2008, 00:00

I don't think taking a smaller part in a DTV project or TV project or foreign film is a good idea unless it's just for a favour, but if it's a smaller part in a theatrical production that would be good. Dolph is the king of DTV this year and I think it would be unwise to take a small role unless he found it was going to be beneficial to his career.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2008, 08:54

Well if it's minor it's not gonna hurt him either. Nevski is a huge action star over there and if Dolph does it it would be to solidify some contacts in the Russian film industry so that he can finally make an entire movie over there, like he's been wanting to for years...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2008, 11:45

Katry_K wrote:Again Russian? :)
«Dolph essentially does not act in film in episodes, he plays only leading roles, but at me the film scenario “Black rose” now lies, in which Dolph can play for the first time a small role — the chief of the Moscow Police».

Plot: the American police cannot open murder in Russian area of Los Angeles. From Russia to them to the aid send the best expert who will play Alexander Nevski. Him hero — the adherent of a deductive method, Sherloсk Holmes fan.

However, Dolph yet has not given the consent, Bob Van Ronkel just now carries on with it negotiations.

interview
http://www.mk.ru/blogs/MK/2008/10/11/society/375515/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby TombRaider on 14 Oct 2008, 12:54

Jox wrote:
Katry_K wrote:Again Russian? :)

interview
http://www.mk.ru/blogs/MK/2008/10/11/society/375515/

In this interview Dolph talks about possible next project:

"I have now is an interesting scenario. The action takes place in America. My hero - Russian KGB agent who was sent to America back in the 80's. It is totally undercover, his family, children. And then splits the Soviet Union, and the agent is obliged to cooperate with the mafia ... In two words do not tell everything. Well ... let's say, a movie something like a "Eastern Pomises" by David Cronenberg. But with more stunts...
TombRaider
Regular

Black Rose (2014??)

Postby Tom on 01 May 2013, 22:42

Not sure if this is anything. Was mentioned on the JC forum. From a Russian article. It states Sheldon was directing, which he denied, but confirmed the film is in production. Among the actors rumoured is Dolph.

It's probably one of those typical things where they mention the names of actors they've approached before they're even close to signing on. But...given Dolph's recent output, you can't discount anything. If they did get Dolph and Rutger Hauer, that would be fantastic.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 73820.html
Tom
Regular

Re: Black Rose (2014??)

Postby Jox on 01 May 2013, 22:51

I bet Dolph wasn't even approached for this.

Russian article?

Naming a director who's no longer attached?

Juliette Lewis, Kristanna Loken, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Dolph Lundgren, Robert Patrick, Eric Roberts, Jon Voight, Armand Assante, and Rutger Hauer altogether?

Come on...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Black Rose (2014??)

Postby savagesketch on 03 May 2013, 22:27

It sounds like the cast of a Uwe Boll film... And he's had the ability to gather eclectic groups of actors who are on breaks as well... Keep in mind that Boll also snagged Dolph for a film... Just saying...
savagesketch

Return to News / Rumors