LOS MUERTOS (Hector Echavarria, 2014) - Rumor

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

LOS MUERTOS (Hector Echavarria, 2014) - Rumor

Postby bomaz on 04 Nov 2013, 14:38

Dolph Lundgren and Danny Trejo in a movie about an elite squad looking for a most wanted criminal ?
Source from MovieHole
Film Catalogue
And the wonderful art
bomaz

Re: LOS MUERTOS (2014) - Rumor

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2013, 15:21

I didn't want to post it without more infos but as far as I know it's probably a suspicious way of trying to finance and pre-sell the project without even having the actors agreement in any way... Moviehole has the "chic" to always spread the worst rumors in a big way with no verification, just like INVINCIBLE six months ago (which the sales agent himself told me was a big mistake that it got on the FilmCatalogue site and that no offer had been made to Dolph) or the fake STREET FIGHTER sequel they claimed would star JCVD and DL...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 04 Nov 2013, 15:25

Woops, sorry :oops:
bomaz

Postby DRC2013 on 04 Nov 2013, 15:43

Jox wrote:I didn't want to post it without more infos but as far as I know it's probably a suspicious way of trying to finance and pre-sell the project without even having the actors agreement in any way... Moviehole has the "chic" to always spread the worst rumors in a big way with no verification, just like INVINCIBLE six months ago (which the sales agent himself told me was a big mistake that it got on the FilmCatalogue site and that no offer had been made to Dolph) or the fake STREET FIGHTER sequel they claimed would star JCVD and DL...

So Dolph hasn't been offered this movie as far as you know?

That's too bad, I mean pre-sales are a common practice, but the stars are always 100% attached and signed on and usually when these pre-sales happen the filming is about to begin.

For example they're selling a new thriller starring John Cusack and Ryan Philippe at AFM, but they're starting filming this month already.

But this Los Muertos thing doesn't seem to be nowhere near as close to filming.

I haven't seen any of his movies, but looking at Hector Echavarria's Imdb, he seems to produce a lot of really low budget movies where he often plays the lead, and hires name actors for supporting roles like Danny Trejo and Steven Bauer.

This whole thing smells so fishy. That poster looks like it was made by a five year old in Microsoft paint, and this whole deal with the producer starring in the movie makes this seem like another Gianni Capaldi deal at best.

It really is too bad, since Dolph could have attached himself to a quality project in time for AFM. If they have the nerve to publically promote this project with that "poster", I don't think anyone will take them seriously.

Hopefully Dolph is over having to do these bad movies for the quick paychecks. I hope you are right, Jox, and that Dolph isn't really attached to this, and that he just focuses on Skin Trade after he finishes on the disastrous SAF3.

A D-grade project like this is NOT what he needs right now.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2013, 23:18

DRC2013 wrote:That's too bad, I mean pre-sales are a common practice, but the stars are always 100% attached and signed on and usually when these pre-sales happen the filming is about to begin .

It depends, some start months or years before production. But there's been more suspiscious instances than we know where they made it seem like the stars were attached and they were not...

The SKIN TRADE director is supposed to be in active prep in Thailand right now.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Nov 2013, 11:01

Jox wrote:
DRC2013 wrote:That's too bad, I mean pre-sales are a common practice, but the stars are always 100% attached and signed on and usually when these pre-sales happen the filming is about to begin .

It depends, some start months or years before production. But there's been more suspiscious instances than we know where they made it seem like the stars were attached and they were not...

The SKIN TRADE director is supposed to be in active prep in Thailand right now.

That's good. Hope this will be more serious tone movie like Taken. No Showdown in little Tokyo things (which i love) I hope.
TEMIRLAN

Postby DRC2013 on 14 Nov 2013, 03:01

A slightly different version of the poster (but still as ugly) with Dolph's name was in a recent AFM issue of The Hollywood Reporter. You can read the issue here, poster on page 15:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Festival_Dailies/2013%20AFM/day5_AFM2013.pdf

Underneath it says in production. I wonder if Dolph is really attached, or if they are really trying to raise funding using his name but without his permission?

I don't know who this Hector Echavarria is, but I find it funny that out of the four movies on the page, he is apparently starring in three of them.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 14 Nov 2013, 11:58

DRC2013 wrote:I don't know who this Hector Echavarria is, but I find it funny that out of the four movies on the page, he is apparently starring in three of them.

Apparently he's a "do it all yourself" latino martial artists / action star wannabe, so he's producing, starring, directing and distributing his own vehicles (which I heard are as expected from such a venture... terrible). So this is his own company. I always wonder where unknown guys like that find their money (unless they own some other business on the side, which is often the case) when nobody expects anything from them, especially at a time even stars have difficulties raising financing to fund their own projects... Thought if he makes a name for himself in Argentina, this might work for him especially with very low budgets.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 14 Nov 2013, 15:27

Back in the days of renting dvd's at Blockbusters. I rented a couple of Hectar films out of curiosity to see if he was potentially a new action man worth watching. One was called Extreme Dragon, and the other I can't remember, though one of them had the Qissi brother who played Tong Po (Kickboxer) I think.

Needless to say the guy was awful. No presence, no charisma and even his on screen fighting wasn't brilliant. I mean occasionally being a real life badass doesn't always translate well onto on screen fighting. Don Wilson for example has always looked a little oafish in his fight sequences and far from being one of the best kickboxers ever as he was considered in real life. That being said, Don at least had a certain likeability which help him forge a 20 year career. Hector isn't even close to Don's level.

I would hope Dolph stays well clear of this. It wouldn't look good at all. In all honesty it would be worse than Straight Blast (remember that project?). Julian Lee kind of had his career in his own hands somewhat, much like Hector, but likewise had made no real impact and showed very little of any charisma needed to forge a career in the action genre, even at the video level. Again, he was well below the likes of Wilson, Gruner, etc. But even Straight Blast, 11-12 years ago, when it was rumoured, probably would have had a bigger budget than what Los Muertos might. Likewise, SB would probably have been shot on film and looked better, where-as you'd expect LM to shoot in HD, and probably not even on top of the line equipment, and certainly without the sort of skilled DP you need to make HD not look like a TV doc.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Nov 2013, 19:25

Tom wrote:In all honesty it would be worse than Straight Blast (remember that project?). Julian Lee kind of had his career in his own hands somewhat, much like Hector,

And it had turned out that they were claiming on the official site he was attached whereas they didn't even contact him or his agent according to what Lee told me ("talent proposed contingent upon making offers once equity is in place"), so it was never a real project for Dolph, much I like I hope this is neither! It's like saying "I suggest Tom Cruise for my movie so give me $70 million and I'll be able to make him an offer"!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 15 Nov 2013, 02:04

At that stage Dolph was doing some shit films, and there were those internet rumours of him possibly retiring, and whether there was any truth to that, or just misquoting, who knows, but even if Julian Lee and Riggins(?) had raised the money, I don't think Dolph would have accepted that film. Honestly it would have been an ultimate low, even compared to the likes of Damian Lee, which in the end still had a deal with Franchise, and a director like Hickox who had a background in theatrically released films back in the day. I think even Lee had 1-2 early films on the big screen (probably not to any large scale of release).
Tom
Regular

Re: LOS MUERTOS (Hector Echavarria, 2014) - Rumor

Postby Nathan on 16 Nov 2013, 02:12

Holy shit, look at that page of unprofessional teaser posters...I think teaser is a bit of a stretch, I wouldn't want to see any of these even if you paid me. Destiny films....pffft, sounds like another set of vanity projects like Gianna Capaldi was doing and getting big names attached to star in small roles. Dolph, please stay the fuck away from this shit, as much as it would be cool to see you on-screen with Danny Trejo, I'd much rather it was in better circumstances and certainly not wasted in a shit movie like this would be. I'm tired of this garbage. Dolph, escape to Thailand to do SkinTrade and stay there!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 16 Nov 2013, 19:18

I would like Dolph to be a co-star with Trejo only if it is a Universal 1440 Entertainment DTV. They are solid.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Krom on 13 Dec 2013, 17:22

Oh no, i don't want to lose respect to Dolph.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 13 Dec 2013, 18:52

What do you mean? Is it happening with Dolph or smth?
TEMIRLAN

Next

Return to News / Rumors