EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (2016-2021) (pre-production)

Postby Jox on 25 Aug 2021, 00:19

officialslystallone

Getting ready! Start filming THE CHRISTMAS STORY with Jason and the gang in October. Always keep punching ,always keep pushing, always keep trying !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4zgZzpVMr/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 25 Aug 2021, 09:55

With Dolph in Europe at the moment, I would rather have him make an appearance in the 4th John Wick than in a fourth Exp :lol:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 30 Aug 2021, 19:17

Jason Statham, Sylvester Stallone, 50 Cent, Megan Fox to Star in New ‘The Expendables’ Movie (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235004992/
You want more action stars? You got more action stars. Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Tony Jaa are also those flexing their fighting form as the Lionsgate and Millennium action franchise returns.

Action stars never say die, they just reload.

Lionsgate and Millennium Media are bringing back their gun-toting, testosterone-throbbing action franchise The Expendables for another go-around.

Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Sylvester Stallone, who have appeared in the previous three installments, are set to reprise their roles for what will be the fourth movie.

Joining the quartet are Curtis “50” Jackson, Megan Fox and Tony Jaa for a feature to be directed by stuntman-turned-helmer Scott Waugh (Need for Speed), with production to begin October.

Spenser Cohen wrote the script with revisions by Max Adams and John Joseph Connolly. Details are being kept in the lockbox but it once again will focus on a group of veteran mercenaries. And while the initial movies that were released in the early 2010s had Stallone as the focal point, sources say in this outing Statham will be the one with the biggest gun. Fox is the female lead.

Statham is also producing along with Kevin King Templeton as well as Millennium’s Les Weldon, Yariv Lerner, Jeffrey Greenstein and Jonathan Yunger.

“It’s so much fun to bring these stars together for a no-holds-barred action film,” said Jason Constantine, president of acquisitions and co-productions for the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, in a statement. “The new film will raise the stakes and be the biggest, most badass adventure yet.”

“Popcorn entertainment is guaranteed,” said Millennium president, Jeffrey Greenstein, noting that the new additions to the roll call were meant to “keep it fresh and fun.”

50 Cent almost was in the first film, replaced by Terry Crews who now seems replaced by 50 Cent...!

The biggest casting surprise here is probably Megan Fox.

Has anybody seen the previous films directed by Scott Vaugh (ACT OF VALOR, NEED FOR SPEED, 6 BELOW: MIRACLE ON THE MOUNTAIN)?
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (Scott Waugh, 2016-2021) (pre-producti

Postby JuV on 30 Aug 2021, 22:47

Interesting that 50 seems to replace Terry but cool to see Tony Yaa join the franchise and would be dope if he has a fight scene with Dolph like in Expendables 1 with Jet Li :D. I haven't seen any of Scott Vaugh's films (do own them all) but have heard decent things about them.
JuV

Postby Jox on 31 Aug 2021, 10:26

Realising now with AQUAMAN 2, Dolph will be part of three big franchises with ROCKY/CREED, THE EXPENDABLES, AQUAMAN and even four franchises total if we count the UNIVERSAL SOLDIER entries... Not too bad for an actor who never was a huge star on his own.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 31 Aug 2021, 14:10

Well... Curtis Jackson was quite ok in the last Statham outing (Wrath of man), as for Megan Fox, i don't really have an opinion (I last saw her in... Trasnformers). Cool for Tony Jaa, at least it means one or two descent fights. No opinion yet on the director, I'll try to see some of his movies.
As for the rest of the cast, as we say in France "jamais deux sans trois", so Julie Andrews has to be in this one... so the last three Dolph theatrical release will have Julie Andrews in them :lol:
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 31 Aug 2021, 20:10

Jox wrote:Realising now with AQUAMAN 2, Dolph will be part of three big franchises with ROCKY/CREED, THE EXPENDABLES, AQUAMAN and even four franchises total if we count the UNIVERSAL SOLDIER entries... Not too bad for an actor who never was a huge star on his own.

agree. too bad there is no "like" option to like this comment like on van damme forum.
TEMIRLAN

Postby savagesketch on 01 Sep 2021, 06:59

bomaz wrote:Well... Curtis Jackson was quite ok in the last Statham outing (Wrath of man), as for Megan Fox, i don't really have an opinion (I last saw her in... Trasnformers). Cool for Tony Jaa, at least it means one or two descent fights. No opinion yet on the director, I'll try to see some of his movies.
As for the rest of the cast, as we say in France "jamais deux sans trois", so Julie Andrews has to be in this one... so the last three Dolph theatrical release will have Julie Andrews in them :lol:

Correction, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson wasn't in WRATH OF MAN; could you be referring to DEN OF THIEVES instead?

Personally, this casting just doesn't excite me... Maybe once the story and characters are revealed. 50 Cent didn't bring much hype in 2009, and it's no different in 2021. He's just not an action star. Hopefully, Millennium will get wise and tap Michael Jai White instead. Megan Fox? Eh... She's been doing more action-centric stuff of late. ROGUE was okay (if you can buy her as a battle-hardened mercenary complete with a top-notch makeup stylist). Her most recent film was also with Millennium (TILL DEATH), so it makes sense that they're working with her again. Tony Jaa is the most exciting casting, although none of his American films have properly done cinematic justice to his fighting skills. And judging from the director's previous films, I don't know if he necessarily has the chops to properly shoot and edit the fight scenes.

Guess we'll see. Going to be many announcements over the course of the next few weeks... and I expect many of them to be of a questionable nature.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 01 Sep 2021, 11:26

Why Megan Fox And Tony Jaa Can’t Save The ‘Expendables’ Franchise
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... b306cd5910
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 01 Sep 2021, 14:47

savagesketch wrote:
bomaz wrote:Well... Curtis Jackson was quite ok in the last Statham outing (Wrath of man)

Correction, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson wasn't in WRATH OF MAN; could you be referring to DEN OF THIEVES instead?

Absolutely, my bad. :oops:
bomaz

Postby JuV on 01 Sep 2021, 20:29

Jox wrote:Why Megan Fox And Tony Jaa Can’t Save The ‘Expendables’ Franchise
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... b306cd5910

I'm amazed they didn't use 50's name in that headline lol, almost everywhere this gets posted online people hate 50 and Fox being in this. Altho I'm not having high hopes for a lot of cameo's I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few tbh.
JuV

Postby Jox on 04 Sep 2021, 20:03

Exclusive: Randy Couture Gives Updates On The Expendables 4
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/ ... ndables-4/
“Well, we’re getting ramped up for The Expendables 4,” Couture said. “I’m supposed to leave October 1 to start filming that movie in Europe. So excited to be back with the guys, and the new script is crazy. Every single one of these, I read the script and I’m like, ‘how the hell are we going to do that?!’ And they come up with a way to get it done and make it look right, and this was no different. It’s going to be very exciting. Tons of action, as you would expect. It’s going to be great. I’m excited to see all the guys again.”

One thing Couture wasn’t going to give away, if he even knows, is the identity of some of the new cast members to the film. As Couture explains it, that’s something The Expendables filmmakers like to keep under wraps until necessary.

“They keep that stuff pretty close to their vest,” Couture said. “There’s a lot of rumors floating around out there, but I cannot verify and I don’t have any real info. I’ve read the script, there are some new characters in there, but they don’t tell you who they cast as those characters. I know there’s a couple of interesting female characters in this script, there’s also a couple of new interesting male characters in this script that have integral parts in this movie. Who they cast is anybody’s guest. It’ll be somebody interesting for sure!”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 05 Sep 2021, 05:13

They've been trying to figure out a way to make a female lead Expendables for years now so I'm not surprised they might be trying to cast that way in this next edition.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 10 Sep 2021, 22:19

Andy Garcia Joins ‘The Expendables 4’ (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235011465/
Garcia will play a CIA agent assigned to accompany the Expendables on their dangerous mission.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Sep 2021, 23:35

Definitely no Arnold

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 22.30.57.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 22.30.57.jpg (71.7 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies