EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (announced)

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2014, 16:27

The good news here is there's not much care about continuity and what happens to other other characters so they can just ignore or get rid of them easy.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 25 Sep 2014, 05:39

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I think this is the end of TEX franchise. EX3 was a bit of a letdown, and the younger crew weighed the film down. Then again, like Jox said, these films clearly don't care about continuity and even has zero problem keeping all of the characters alive (even a number of television shows aren't afraid to kill off pertinent characters). Add to the fact that this installment was a lackluster success at the box office, I think it's time to move on...

With that being said, I imagine we'll be seeing plenty of future productions where many of the EX stars team up, similar to ESCAPE PLAN.
savagesketch

Postby Mosquito on 26 Sep 2014, 23:56

After reading the reviews saying that Dolph had even less screentime in Ex3 I hadn't been that keen on watching it. In addition I didn't find a nearby cinema that screened the English version. So I haven't even watched Ex3 yet. (There, I've said it.) So I'm not really enthusiastic about Ex4 unless I hear that Dolph will have a much bigger part in it. Yes, the others are also fun to watch - at least the old guys - but it upsets me too much to see Dolph's potential wasted in favor of kids I have never heard of. No thanks. I'm too old for this shit.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby harry on 27 Sep 2014, 12:00

I watch every Dolph-movie. Cameo, small role or lead. And i buy them all. The Extended Cut of Ex3 is ordered and my retailer will deliver it after Christmas.

In two weeks i will get the "Lethal Punisher" and "Tomb of the dragon"(aside 50 other movies without Dolph) and I'm waiting for more like "Skin Trade" and the announced "4Towers", "War pigs" and "The Lake".
harry

Postby Jox on 19 Nov 2014, 14:26

Jox wrote:Not sure how this is relevant but Robert Luketic, future director hired for THE EXPENDABELLES and guilty of LEGALY BLONDE, MONSTER IN LAW, KILLERS or PARANOIA, has just started to follow Dolph on Twitter.

EXPENDABELLES update
http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclus ... ris-evans/
{TB EXCLUSIVE} “EXPENDABELLES” CONFIRMS STALLONE, WILLIS, MAKES OFFERS TO NAOMI WATTS, LI BINGBING, CHRIS EVANS
NOVEMBER 18, 2014
by: Donna Whitehead

The anticipated female-led Expendables spin-off EXPENDABELLES is making some big casting moves. We’re hearing that Millennium has offers out to Naomi Watts, Li Bingbing, Marcia Gay Harden, Chris Evans, and Alan Rickman. Plus, Expendables stars Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis are officially reprising their roles in the spin-off, confirming the connection between the original franchise and the new installment. Expendabelles follows a team of former female secret agents who are brought together for a covert hostage rescue mission. Watts, Li, and Harden would all play members of the mercenary team. Robert Luketic is on board to helm, with a script from Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith (writers of Legally Blonde, which Luketic also directed). Stallone is producing alongside Avi Lerner, Heidi Jo Markel, Julie Kroll, and Trevor Short.

There’s been a lot of casting speculation but not much news about Expendabelles since it was announced. Cameron Diaz, Meryl Streep, and Milla Jovovich have all been in talks at one point or another, but Streep has now passed on a role. (She would have played the Expendabelles’ director and employer.) Sigourney Weaver, a name that came up a lot in the early days of speculation, confirmed over the summer that she had also passed on an offer. Producers have also shown an interest in Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. When it comes to current offers, it seems that, Harden excepted, Expendabelles is trying for a slightly younger cast than the franchise that spawned it; while the average age of the main Expendables cast at the time of the first film was 50.4, most of the potential Belles are in their early 40s or late 30s.

While it’s sad to see names like Weaver and Streep taken off the list, there are plenty of great choices out there for the Expendabelles cast, as the current crop of offers shows. Here’s hoping Sandra Bullock and Lucy Lawless get some consideration before all is said and done.

Evans is repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment; Rickman is repped by ICM Partners; Willis is repped by CAA; Stallone is repped by WME; Watts is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment; Li is repped by UTA; Harden is repped by ICM Partners and Framework Entertainment.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 19 Nov 2014, 15:55

Man that's going to be awful.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Mar 2015, 18:11

Hummm... (EXPENDABELLES still cooking apparently)
http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclus ... ndabelles/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 04 Mar 2015, 01:28

I'm sorry but without an action legend of reasonable stature like Weaver this probably shouldn't be seeing the light of day but no doubt it will. Naomi Watts? Wtf does she have to do with the action genre...
I know these names don't sell, but why not get Nan Yu back? Michelle Yeoh? Certainly Mila and Kate Beckinsale are justified...Michelle Rodriquez?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 04 Mar 2015, 01:31

Nathan wrote:I'm sorry but without an action legend of reasonable stature like Weaver this probably shouldn't be seeing the light of day but no doubt it will. Naomi Watts? Wtf does she have to do with the action genre...
I know these names don't sell, but why not get Nan Yu back? Michelle Yeoh? Certainly Mila and Kate Beckinsale are justified...Michelle Rodriquez?

They even rumoured Meryl Streep at one point. ha ha. She of course turned it down. Even the Streep couldn't win an Oscar in a film like that.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Mar 2015, 23:14

And they're relaunching the project of a TV series. Stallone is not ready to let it go (he has more shares in it as a producer than he's credited for), even if it's not for artistic reasons...
‘The Expendables’ Event Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone Producing
http://deadline.com/2015/03/expendables ... 201386545/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 06 Mar 2015, 02:01

Interesting that it appears they're going for TV stars, and doing a new group.
Lorenzo Lamas will be waiting by his phone with baited breath. ha ha.

If it's for Fox it'll at least have a reasonable budget. I wouldn't mind Gunner making a few appearences, if they do link it to the movies.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Apr 2015, 01:25

Schwarzenegger tells USA TODAY that even after the last disappointing outing he has pushed producer/writer/Expenda-guru Stallone not to give up on Expendables and write a fourth.

“I just think it’s a terrific franchise. I told Sly to write another one or have someone else write another one. A really terrific story. Because I think it’s a great idea to have an ensemble piece with that many action heroes in a movie. Especially if the comedy is really done well. It could be a great story. There’s definitely room for another one.”
Thank god Arnold is not running the show or it could be even worse...

Ah-nuld claims he doesn’t know what impact the leak had on the bottom line: “I am not savvy enough to know how much of an effect the piracy of the movie had.”

Stallone’s people had no comment on all of this. Producer Avi Lerner’s office says he’s focused on the female Expendabelle project for 2016 before thinking about getting the old dudes back together. If it happens at all.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/ ... ndables-4/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Apr 2015, 21:24

I seriously doubt another one will be made anytime soon, although if it is within the next few years, Stallone will be at least 70 by the time of release, so he'll likely take a backseat in the film if his ego allows it. The problem is, it's just too damn cheesy. I don't want to do the F&F comparison as is the norm on the Van Damme forum but it utilises screentime a little better, keeps upping the stakes, has probably a better script, is still fairly cheesy and is a 12A but for some reason it just gels together much better. Of course they've had countless films to do it in but you'd have thought The Expendables franchise would have found it's footing by now. Trouble is, at the end of the new film, we are incredibly sad to see Walker go, but look at the end of TE3, would anyone give a fuck if any of the new characters weren't in it again? No. They haven't developed the same sense of comradeship, rather ironically.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 10 Apr 2015, 21:52

And if there's something the last few Fast films have also done well, it's nailing a fight scene. Expendables has never got that right. So many cool match ups have ending up disappointing. Then you look at something like Unisol 3's Dolph vs JC battle, which was epically good.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Apr 2015, 22:49

Who knows, but no matter what happens I doubt Millennium will let go of the EXPENDABLES just like that...
The Q&A contained some nice tidbits. Chief among them was saying that they might actually be doing Expendables 4. Although he did not elaborate, this has to mean that there is a dialogue going on between the studio and Stallone.

http://www.manlymovie.net/2015/04/repor ... rance.html
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies