EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (announced)

Postby Mosquito on 07 Mar 2014, 18:14

Personally?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 08 Mar 2014, 07:34

Mosquito wrote:Personally?

I mean 'I recognize him', "I have known him". But I can't recognize him if somebody calls him just "Hues". It's not like Van Damme.
TEMIRLAN

Postby dude hallenbeck on 29 Mar 2014, 03:34

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/pierce-brosnan-to-star-in-expendables-4-9220647.html

"Oh, the offer has come in for the next Expendables," he said. "I just worked over in Bulgaria with Avi Lerner who makes them.

"He said, 'Would you like to be in The Expendables? I'd love to have you', and I said, 'Why not?' So we'll see."

"I have no idea which one it would be," he added. "I just said yes. It could be [Expendables 7]!"

Funnily enough, Pierce Brosnan would be a good choice for Dolph in one of his passion projects, since he does DTV work, but never half asses it.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 24 Apr 2014, 18:10

I think they reprinted an old "fake" rumor from a few years ago. Plus I'm pretty sure none of the rumors on EX4 are funded, 90% of what you'll hear these days is BS.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 24 Apr 2014, 20:12

I'd like to see Hogan in a role similar to Chuck. It'd be kind of cool to see him, but he's kind of cheesy and not a very good actor so they'd have to limit it to a cameo. Probably BS though.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Apr 2014, 20:16

Has Hogan even kept up with acting in the last 20 years since MR NANNY and SUBURBAN COMMANDO (haven't seen them but must be gold for sure)?!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Apr 2014, 15:25

The 4th film has go to have Seagal in it. and Jackie Chan.

Possibly some old school asian action stars, or a cameo from Sonny Chiba maybe?

Clint Eastwood would be brilliant!
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Tom on 25 Apr 2014, 18:14

Jox wrote:Has Hogan even kept up with acting in the last 20 years since MR NANNY and SUBURBAN COMMANDO (haven't seen them but must be gold for sure)?!

I don't think he's done a proper feature film in well over a decade. I think pretty much every Hogan lead film is probably in the So bad it's good category. Suburban Commando was certainly ridiculous. I've never seen Mr Nanny but it's got to be a must see. Ha ha. Or Santa With Muscles.

Actually, Hogan had his own kind of poor mans Expendables back in the late 90's, two Shadow Warrior films where his team consisted of himself, Carl Weathers, Shannon Tweed and Marin Kove. Really bad films, but I remember seeing the trailer for one at the beginning of a film in the days when VHS tapes would play trailers before the film. It looked action packed, and like it had to be seen (also with Billy Drago and Billy Blanks as bad guys). The actual film didn't live up to it though sadly.
Tom
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 25 Apr 2014, 18:45

I'm against him being in EX4.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 23 Sep 2014, 21:53

To the question is there's gonna be another EXPENDABLES
"I dunno know... We got so ripped off. If I do another one it's going to be a lot bloodier...hardcore R."

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 24 Sep 2014, 00:06

You get a sense Sly wasn't happy with Nu Image and/or Lionsgate for the rating change. He seemed to be okay with it in the promo and build up to the film, but I guess clearly he wasn't that happy with the decision.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2014, 09:48

That was obvious, you know Sly is so old school he wouldn't come up with PG13 alone (but he's also kind of a salesman), and he made it obvious when he refered to Avi during the Cannes press conference.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 24 Sep 2014, 11:36

Still, the relationship can't be that damaged I guess, as he's doing Rambo V for Avi. But then Sly has no other options. I know for sure that if Avi tried to PG13 Rambo, Sly wouldn't stand for that. You can't water down such an icon of violent cinema.

For Sly's sake though, the sooner he finds alternate companies to work for, the better. He's getting stuck in mediocrity now with Millennium.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2014, 14:46

Who said anything about a damaged relationship?

Disagreeing (or even criticizing them) doesn't mean there's bad blood, and the Lerners and co at Nu Image/Millennium are agreeable (they're not assholes unlike other producers) enough as persons so that they keep good personal relationships with most of their stars (don't mention the Seagal case). Nothing personal.

Of course I'm sure Sly knows better and would rather work with other producers, but there's not that much options (to spend that much money on these movies, let alone let him 'sort of' run the show) and he came to them because other studios didn't let him down. And also, even if he did get to another bigger/better studio he might not have his terms or conditions (as bad as they can be, they're probably not for him). And the result might still not even be good for us fans...

One thing Sly out to do whether it's for RAMBO V or a potential EXPENDABLES 4 is to really care and invest himself personally in concepting and writing them like he did on ROCKY BALBOA, RAMBO IV and the first EXPENDABLES. His 'supervision' (not mentioning writing credits) on EX2 and EX3 was sellout bullshit ; I understand at his age and what he's been through he wants to take it easier but still...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 24 Sep 2014, 15:36

It definitely seems right now that an Expendables 4 is on a knife edge. 2 and 3 seemed 100% certain before previous instalments had come out. But who knows if we'll see a fourth. Even some of the principal cast seem to be getting tired of it. You may know better J having visited him on set, but Dolph seems to be getting bored of Gunnar Jensen. Which is easy to see given the arc he's had in the last two "sellout bullshit (totally agree)" movies.

Even as a big action fan myself who loves watching almost all the main men in this franchise, I don't really want to see a fourth film. I'd almost rather have Dolphs upcoming three films over one more Expendables. Now they may turn out to be total shit, but at least they're three different types of film, and there's a little bit of variation. Plus they don't carry with them the expectation of a 100 million dollar film which combines so many action legends together.

Another problem a potential Exp 4 would have is that Sly has the young crew to deal with. Does he just get rid of them and admit it was a disastrous experiment, or does he keep them in and try again? I honestly think he'd sacrifice the older guards screen-time for the young once again, to carry on trying to build potential spinoff possibility.
Tom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies