THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (produced without DL)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (produced without DL)

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2016, 01:14

Apparently VMI Worldwide also tried (and failed) to set up a sequel to Seagal's PERFECT WEAPON with Dolph and Rutger Hauer (in the Johnny Messner and Richard Tyson roles of Condor and Controller)... It's probably their dream project to manage to secure Seagal and Lundgren on the same title.

Director Titus Paar:
I was going to make Perfect Weapon 2: The Uprising where it's full out war but I'll leave that to someone else. Dolph was actually attached first to be Condor, imagain that Seagal VS Lundgren and Rutger Hauer as Controler to complete the Blade Runner homage. But it fell trough.

http://www.steven-seagal.net/xen/index. ... aar.17221/
Jox
Site Admin

THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (not produced with DL)

Postby Jox on 09 Dec 2016, 14:09

So THE PERFECT WEAPON was the project with Seagal that Dolph mentioned to me back in January 2015 as he was first attached to be starring in it instead of Johnny Messner...

Image Image

Swedish director Titus Paar:
Johnny Messner has been making a name for himself as the next action hero; what made him the right choice for the role of Condor?

He has that all American action star feel. He went dark in this one, made Condor a broken man. He was signed on pretty late. I had Dolph Lundgren as Condor at first and wanted to make it a Dolph vs. Seagal movie but it fell through. Then luckily WMI just got a film called Weaponized and we got Johnny through that contact. He´s got everything going for him I think to be the next action star.

And the sequel is out of the question
It’s left open for a sequel; is that in development at all and do you have a potential story in mind?

Indeed. “The Perfect Weapon 2: THE UPRISING” where Seagal goes after the rebels off the grid, full out war. But I won´t make it; love to see someone else take a stab at it, but I’m getting A-list offers now, doesn’t make sense to make PW 2. I’m done with the B-action homages now, one was enough.

http://theactionelite.com/2016/12/titus ... ct-weapon/

Storyboards:
http://www.kkoskelainen.se/The-Perfect-Weapon-2016-WMI
animated:
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (not produced with

Postby Dida on 12 Dec 2016, 12:55

Do you know why Dolph backed away from this project?
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Re: THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (not produced with

Postby Jox on 14 Dec 2016, 16:15

It's not necessarily Dolph who backed out (although given the synopsis it probably sounded a bit silly to him), we know Seagal always sabotages deals when he's faced to a potential co-star of his stature and there might be 10 other business reasons as well why this didn't pan out.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE PERFECT WEAPON (Titus Paar, 2016) (produced without

Postby JuV on 20 Feb 2022, 13:14

New interview with Titus Paar about The Perfect Weapon, where Dolph is also briefly talked about (18:20-19:44)
JuV

Postby Jox on 21 Feb 2022, 11:14

Thanks! I thought I had heard everything about Steven Seagal but his interview has priceless stories...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 21 Feb 2022, 12:58

Steven Seagal is still protecting all his movies and do not want to share the screen time with a person from the same range like Dolph. Can we imagine Dolph kicking Seagal's ass in this movie. All of them are in their late 60s and still playing like kids.I understand when Van Damme in 1996 didn't want to be a baddie in that Wesley Spnipes movie but today i think it doesn't matter for them anymore. Dolph never felt uncomfortable to be villain and lose the battle in the final. Villains are even more fun to play...
Anyway lets hope after EX4 and Aquaman 2 Dolph will get more proposals from big companies and will depart from this sort of products of indie movies. Bruce Willis got his own nomination at Razzie Awards ( 8 of them) this year and for sure goes with one home after the event. Maybe someone will stop making movies of this quality and think about dignity... anyway guys u are not starving to degrade to this level
alex.sp89

Postby preacher on 21 Feb 2022, 17:16

The director Titus Paar is such an interesting character himself.
(I have had my eye on him since we shared Agents for a short while in 2017.)
Highly ambitious, creative and productive. I watched his pilot/short ”Fear of the woods” and it looks pretty good for what it is.

He is also a talented Hype Man for himself!
He gets introduced as ”The youngest director of a theatrical film ever in scandinavia” or something like that.
Which is straight up false btw.
I read back in the thread and he said back in 2016 that he was getting ”A-list offers” but to this day he is making low/zero budget shorts in Sweden trying to get features off the ground.

The ability to ”fake it til you make it” to that degree is equal parts impressive and cringey to me.
I mean he really works hard and he got Perfect Weapon made, coming from nowhere.
preacher
Regular

Return to News / Rumors