MALEVOLENCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2015-2020) (canceled?)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

MALEVOLENCE (Dolph Lundgren, 2015-2020) (canceled?)

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2017, 12:34

https://omega.cinando.com/DefaultContro ... IdF=258949
Log Line
Brandon an ex boxer is out for revenge on the mobsters who killed his family.

http://www.thefilmcatalogue.com/catalog ... p?id=24656
Company
VMI Worldwide
Cast
Dolph Lundgren
Production Status
Pre-Production
Completion Year

Synopsis
Brandon, an underground prize fighter, is asked to throw his last fight by crime boss Vincent. But Brandon bet all his savings on himself in the hope of starting a new life with his family. When Brandon is unable to throw the fight, his wife Morgan is brutally beaten and raped by Vincent's gang. After returning home from the fight, Brandon discovers the carnage and is surrounded by Vincent and his gang. Brandon's 5-year-old daughter, Charlie is heard crying in her bedroom. Brandon is beaten to a bloody mess. He is forced to point a gun at his wife's head by Vincent's men. His hands shaking, he is forced to pull the trigger. Vincent grabs the gun. He points it at Brandon's head and pulls the trigger. Bang! Brandon is left for the dead. As the apartment is set ablaze by the gang, Brandon crawls over and opens a window. He falls to the hard pavement below, lying in a pool of his own blood. An ambulance is called and Brandon is somehow miraculously still alive. Flash forward seven years and very different looking Brandon has no memory of the tragic events. Lucky to be alive, Brandon leads a mundane life working in a diner as a dishwasher, where the customers make fun of him for his slow behavior. After being confronted by some petty criminals one night, Brandon instinctively takes them out. He is helped by his is old trainer Dutch who comes to his aide. Dutch convinces Brandon to start fighting again. Brandon reluctantly agrees. After various vicious blows to his head and intermittent flashbacks throughout his training and fighting, he soon remembers what took place that tragic night. Racked with guilt, he goes on a journey to exact revenge on Vincent's gang. He finds unlikely help frrom a local police detective with a dark past. Also, Brandon soon realizes that his trainer Dutch hasn't told him the whole truth . Being diagnosed with a life-threatening bleeding in his brain or even learning that his daughter is still alive will not stop Brandon's journey of revenge. He will make those responsible pay, leading to a climactic action packed showdown between Brandon and mob-boss Vincent.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: MALEVOLENCE (2017-2018) (announced)

Postby bomaz on 08 Feb 2017, 13:56

Well ... depending on the director, it can be an enjoyable ride. The promo poster looks fine, there's some ok stuff in the pitch (Dolph as washed up dishwasher after a final fight ...), but once again, all hope for me is on the director (and how long Dolph is shooting).
bomaz

Postby Moltisanti on 08 Feb 2017, 14:49

Will hope for the best, glad it's a lead role.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2017, 19:16

Yeah.

Hopefully a decent director who can stand against VMI Worldwide rushing through the production, post and release (their catalog includes BLOOD OF REDEMPTION, WAR PIGS, 4GOT10 and RIOT)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 08 Feb 2017, 22:52

If they can get the action team that did Riot, it'll be watchable. The poster is above average and it could be a good role for Dolph. He's never really done that JCVD tournament style film.
Tom
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 08 Feb 2017, 22:54

The plot sounds like it has plenty of potential in the right hands, even though it is a tad bit generic. Sounds more of a character driven action-thriller than a straight up action movie, which if written well should give Dolph a well deserved dramatic part.

VMI seems to be moving towards slightly bigger and better projects, they recently did a sci-fi movie with Wesley Snipes and another sci-fi actioner with Nicolas Cage called The Humanity Bureau.

Although it could be more of a sign of Nicolas Cage falling down to this lower level of DTV movies rather than the producers moving up. The Humanity Bureau was filmed from what I can gather in about 3 weeks.

Isn't this the first time since Rocky IV Dolph has played a boxer in a movie? I'm sure they will use that connection all they can in the marketing.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2017, 12:52

http://www.vmiworldwide.com/index.php/production/
Producer: Andre Relis, Craig Baumgarten, Gudrun Giddings

Maybe I'm dreaming but I could see this possibly being the project Dolph is working on with John Hyams (even though I know D was thinking about him for something else of his), and this is absolutely the kind of material he could elevate to be a great slick and gritty action drama...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 28 Mar 2017, 13:12

Well, seeing Mr Baumgarten as a producer is fine by me, as he is a close collaborator of Dolph.
If you're right about Hyams (may God / Buddha / Yave / Allah / Elvis hear you), I'm all for it (a shoot before the summer, when Maniac Cop is supposed to take place ?).
bomaz

Postby Tom on 28 Mar 2017, 22:58

Jox wrote:http://www.vmiworldwide.com/index.php/production/
Producer: Andre Relis, Craig Baumgarten, Gudrun Giddings

Maybe I'm dreaming but I could see this possibly being the project Dolph is working on with John Hyams (even though I know D was thinking about him for something else of his), and this is absolutely the kind of material he could elevate to be a great slick and gritty action drama...

That's a good dream mate. I'd love to see that.
Tom
Regular

Postby Dida on 05 Apr 2017, 09:46

I think John Hyams will be busy shooting Maniac Cop for the next months.
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 10 May 2017, 10:35

Production could be in 2018; the synopsis has been updated and apparently they're trying to add Scott Adkins to the mix... (since they mistakingly mentioned DEADLY ARSENAL with Seagal too early and jinxed it, I would take this with a pinch of salt)
Brandon Jones (Dolph Lundgren) is an undefeated underground fighter of exceptional talent who doesn't know how to lose... but he is ordered to do just that for a crucial high stakes fight. Failing to follow through on this command, a merciless punishment is exacted, resulting in the brutal murder of his wife and daughter, and Brandon himself brain damaged, a shadow of the man he once was. With the help of his best friend and trainer, Dutch, Brandon must rebuild himself mentally and physically to take revenge on those that tore his family apart and left him for dead. In his way stands a cartel of cold-blooded fighters, a corrupt police force headed by Detective Cain (Scott Adkins), and the limitless resources of mob boss Vincent, a ruthless and twisted individual, who holds sway over the city. As Brandon exacts his revenge, leaving a trail of devastation and destruction in his wake, he comes to realize that all is not what it seems, and what he once feared lost may prove to be his salvation.

http://www.vmiworldwide.com/index.php/production/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 11 May 2017, 07:41

Assuming that this premise is a go, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Adkins' and Lundgren's roles are switched with Adkins being the protagonist.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 11 May 2017, 12:36

With two of the producers involved, this seems to be a project developed in Dolph's camp and with him so I don't think switching roles just like that is likely unless he would decides so (and maybe direct it, I have a feeling he might be considering it?)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 12 May 2017, 00:20

I take it, going by what you've just said, that this isn't some sort of reincarnation or take on that Brazilian bare knuckle fighting movie he mentioned circa ten years ago...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 May 2017, 10:50

No. There's been at least one or two other fighting / MMA projects since that he toyed with but not for long.
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to News / Rumors