Stallone's new series in the Middle East. Dolph will appear!

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Stallone's new series in the Middle East. Dolph will appear!

Postby Dawn on 16 Jul 2004, 19:16

Copyright 2004 British Broadcasting Corporation
BBC Monitoring Middle East - Political
Supplied by BBC Worldwide Monitoring

May 28, 2004, Friday

LENGTH: 101 words

HEADLINE: Rambo in Egypt, Jordan to shoot series enhancing Arabs' image

SOURCE: MENA news agency, Cairo, in English 1016 gmt 28 May 04

BODY:
Text of report in English by Egyptian news agency MENA

Amman, 28 May: Arab producers said US action guru Sylvester Stallone, best known for his Rocky and Rambo movies, will produce a 52-million-dollar series aimed to enhance the Arabs' image after the 11 September incidents, adding the scenes would be shot in Egypt, Jordan and other Arab countries.

The 52-episode star-studded series will also group Dolph Lundgren, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Pamela Anderson and Catherine-Zeta Jones.

A team from Hollywood will pay a five-day visit to Jordan Sunday 30 May to prepare for the series.

LOAD-DATE: May 28, 2004
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2004, 21:56

probabaly the same as this show project even if they may have changed the concept a bit:
http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/egyptian_baywatch.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 16 Jul 2004, 22:20

Yeah, thats what I was assuming, but I found it odd they didn't mention the name of the show. I have not heard anything since and this was the newest article. I had assumed they had dropped this project.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2004, 22:47

you can find plenty of articles with google under the title "Action in Hurghada"
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 17 Jul 2004, 00:34

I have already read those, remember I was the one that posted those on the old forum? Like I said, those articles are from a year ago and no show still! The article I just posted at the top is from 2004, making it newer and possibly more up to date. However, I have suspicions that this show may not ever get under way.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Jul 2004, 12:35

It doesn't sound very realistic to be honest. I really can't see Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts and CZJ flying out to Egypt to do guest spots for a Sly Stallone produced action series. It's a series likely to be similar to shows like LA Heat, Vip and Crow, not massively popular like Alias or Buffy.

It would be good, it would be the sort of show I'd have to wait eons to see in Britain though. I owuld like to see Dolph do a TV seies. That oculd increase his popularity. Action series's are very popular as are the stars in them. Van Damme might be doing a TV series now after being very popular on his Las Legas guest spot (did anyone see it?). The amount of movies he has done this year means he could probably film a for a TV series. He must have considered this before when he did Blackjack (which wuould have been a crap series methinks). The only thing is the time, depending on how long the series is, it could take up several months of his time, time away from his family. His movies he does are usually only a month of filming at the most.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jul 2004, 12:37

I don't believe in it too much either.

By the way I can't find the IMDB filmography of Youssef Mansour who's supposed to be an Eyptian action film star, is it an alias or can his name have another spelling?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 17 Jul 2004, 19:20

This sounds great!!! I'll try to find out more about this Arab series...
Are there still other actors and actresses listed yet?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Return to News / Rumors