CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2019-2020) (pre-production

Postby bomaz on 15 Mar 2020, 10:03

If the movie is still in the making, I hope Scott Adkins is already in the US as flight from the UK are also cancelled.
EDIT : according to this post from yesterday, the movie is still "moving forward".
bomaz

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2020, 01:14

Now it's almost safe to say it's not starting tomorrow and is gonna be postponed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B92YQSIAUnC ... w8EWfs-E0/
tony.messenger
This will be it for the next few weeks. Oh well #Coronavirus #manhattanbeach

https://www.instagram.com/stories/idaslundgren/

Screen Shot 1.png
Screen Shot 1.png (69.81 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 18 Mar 2020, 01:18

I honestly don't know if any film is still shooting now.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2020, 01:22

For sure I guess not. And I would have been shocked if they had taken the risk to go ahead.
Since Alabama seemed to be one of the last states to be touched I guess they held hope until last minute...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 18 Mar 2020, 01:53

It really is unbelievable how quickly things have shut down from just a week ago. If you had told me on March 10th that basically all sports, movie theaters, and film productions would be shut down I'd have said you're nuts.

Surreal.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby bomaz on 18 Mar 2020, 12:42

The casting company posted that a few hours ago, but I guess it can evolve from one hour to the next.

*** CASTLE FALLS UPDATE ***

Quick announcement: CASTLE FALLS will begin filming tomorrow. Though we are waiting on schedule changes, as production works and strives to ensure the utmost safety and health of all of those involved; please be patient with us, while waiting on your booking emails. If you haven't heard from us yet about being booked or seeking to book you, it is only because we are awaiting new updates from production, as well. Everyone stay safe!

EDIT : and given this post, the shooting has begun. I'll be relieved when the shooting is wrapped.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2020, 17:01

Moltisanti wrote:It really is unbelievable how quickly things have shut down from just a week ago. If you had told me on March 10th that basically all sports, movie theaters, and film productions would be shut down I'd have said you're nuts.

Surreal.

Yeah, we are on almost total quarantine here, especially in Paris, you can't go out without a signed justification.

bomaz wrote:The casting company posted that a few hours ago, but I guess it can evolve from one hour to the next.

*** CASTLE FALLS UPDATE ***

Quick announcement: CASTLE FALLS will begin filming tomorrow. Though we are waiting on schedule changes, as production works and strives to ensure the utmost safety and health of all of those involved; please be patient with us, while waiting on your booking emails. If you haven't heard from us yet about being booked or seeking to book you, it is only because we are awaiting new updates from production, as well. Everyone stay safe!

EDIT : and given this post, the shooting has begun. I'll be relieved when the shooting is wrapped.

I can’t tell the situation over there but is that really safe and responsible?

EDIT:
Interview from La Mole this week-end:
https://www.razon.com.mx/entretenimient ... tle-falls/
“Es un filme que coestelarizo con Scott Adkins, y de hecho, también estoy produciendo; interpreto a un guardia de prisión que su hija tiene leucemia; está desesperado por dinero, por lo que decide hacer algo que no debería: va por dinero de drogas que un sicario ha estado acumulado; el personaje de Scott es un trabajador muy pobre y exluchador, por lo que también decide ir tras ese capital, al igual que muchos otros criminales. Todo eso explota en unas tres horas”, contó Lundgren, en entrevista con La Razón, durante su visita a México como parte de la convención La Mole.

El filme aún se encuentra en rodaje y el histrión espera que éste no se posponga debido a la pandemia de Covid-19, pues varias películas han tenido que interrumpir sus labores.

“Espero que todo proceda como está planeado, pero el coronavirus ha hecho todo más difícil. Perdimos a algunos extras y debemos de tener cuidado, pues muchas personas que trabajan en otras ciudades en Estados Unidos ya no lo pueden hacer… Espero que podamos sacarlo. Espero poder grabar”, expresó.

Roughly Google-translated:
“It is a film that I co-star with Scott Adkins, and in fact, I am also producing; I play a prison guard that his daughter has leukemia; he's desperate for money, so he decides to do something he shouldn't: he's going for drug money that a hitman has been accumulating; Scott's character is a very poor and exuberant worker, so he also decides to go after that capital, like many other criminals. All this explodes in about three hours, ”said Lundgren, in an interview with La Razón, during his visit to Mexico as part of the La Mole convention.

The film is still in the running and the histrion hopes that it will not be postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, as several films have had to interrupt their work.

“I hope that everything proceeds as planned, but the coronavirus has made everything more difficult. We lost some extras and we must be careful, because many people who work in other cities in the United States can no longer do it ... I hope we can get it out. I hope I can record ”, he expressed.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 19 Mar 2020, 00:57

Adkins just posted a video from Alabama on his Instagram. Basically saying that they're shutting the shoot down now. He mentioned that he'd be back in 6 months but whether that means back to film CASTLE FALLS or back to America in general I'm not sure.

Also in the video was Tim Mann so the fight scenes probably would have been well-staged.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2020, 01:52

https://www.facebook.com/GolemanCasting ... 9441232114
*** CASTLE FALLS PRODUCTION UPDATE ***
Good afternoon, everyone,
The feature film, CASTLE FALLS, has shut down production, effective immediately, pursuant to the health department orders, issued earlier today. Production will resume once they are given the clearance to do so, by state health officials. We do not have a timeline, nor will we speculate on a timeline. We want to thank you for all your submissions and know that you will hear from us, once production does restart. If you are already booked for a background role, that will not change. That role will be yours when they come back.
From our family to yours, please stay safe and protect your health and the safety and health of all of your loved ones,
We’re all in this together,
Thank you,
Ron and Brandy

Screen Shot 5.png
Screen Shot 5.png (519.12 KiB) Viewed 8097 times

Screen Shot 8.png
Screen Shot 8.png (466.21 KiB) Viewed 8097 times
Jox
Site Admin

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2019-2020) (on hiatus)

Postby bomaz on 19 Mar 2020, 13:22

Accordin to Imdb, Tim Man will be fight choreographer on this one. That's gonna be good :D (when it resumes shooting ^^).
EDIT : and according to the photo Jox posted :oops:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2020, 15:51

For now let's just hope for the best, for the current world pandemic situation (+ its consequences)...
and then for the production to resume in the best conditions, and for Dolph's return behind the camera (which has not been on the side of luck for the past year)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 20 Mar 2020, 01:50

It's truly a shame how much the pandemic has affected everyone's way of life. It's been amazing in a sense watching everything gradually shutting down as it's progressed... Rumors of France and Italy being on complete lockdown... then schools in Ireland completely closed, then here in the US, the NBA closed...
then the NHL... And then Hollywood -- quickly pulling every release planned for the next two months.
Where I'm living, all schools and restaurants closed a week ago. Bizarre.

Regarding CASTLE FALLS, I will hold out hope that it happens. Like Molt said, the fact that there was a distributor behind it is a major plus. But who's to say that Dolph, Adkins, and even VMI for that matter, will even interested (or see the project as being economically viable) in 6 (?) months? TIme will tell. But there was certainly a lot to be excited for with this one. Dolph directing and co-starring alongside Scott Adkins piqued my excitement significantly.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2020, 14:41

As I thought when I found out about this plot point, Ida was gonna play Dolph's characters daughter with Leukaemia...
https://www.instagram.com/stories/idaslundgren/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 22 Mar 2020, 14:25

Do we know who the DOP was for this one ?
bomaz

Postby Jox on 22 Mar 2020, 16:38

I'm wondering the same thing...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies