DRAGO (2018-2023) (in development)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DRAGO spin-off (2018-2022) (rumored)

Postby Jox on 01 Aug 2022, 13:36

Yeah Sly is being very reactive and "sanguine" at the moment, and also if Winkler is that bad and manipulative, he might have told Dolph a lot of BS (but again it sounds like Dolph hasn't been told much of anything about the project)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 01 Aug 2022, 15:32

Dolph publically said a couple of years back there had been some initial talk of Drago. Obviously nothing at all confirmed, so it's not entirely out of the blue.

I don't believe he's been in deep conversations with Winkler et all and I'd certainly buy that he would have expected Sly's involvement.
I'm assuming given Sly has removed the Dolph quotes, they've straightened it out on the phone. Sly's quite reactionary that's for sure. I think he made peace with Willis shortly after 'Greedy lazy.'

As for this spinoff my assumption is that the producers are probably going to lean toward a prequel more than a sequel. That may mean Dolph isn't needed at all (though honestly I see this never ever getting past development). I'm not sure where you go with a Drago and Son post Creed 2 picture. I also don't think there are legs in a gap filler in the years immediately prior to Creed 2.
I'd love to see Dolph in a decent studio production as much as anyone, but what can you do with it? It's not likely to get a director like Coogler or Caple either. It's the kind of thing where they get a mediocre gun for hire to helm it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Aug 2022, 10:28

No comment
I ALWAYS LIKED DOLPH BETTER A
THAN ANY OTHER ROCKY OPPONENT BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE KEPT IN THE DARK FOR SO VERRRRY LONG YOU JUST DON"T SEE THINGS THE SAME WAY ANYMORE ... IT IS HARD TO MAKE OUT FAMILIAR PEOPLE ANYMORE.

https://craigzablo.proboards.com/post/841114
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 02 Aug 2022, 14:58

Sad to see this is all happening in public (although it isn't too unsurprising for Stallone). I understand Stallone's frustrations with this, but why can't he just be happy for Dolph (possibly) staring in this movie and (I can only guess) making some decent money? 

I understand why Stallone wants some rights, revenue, anything from the character, but will all of these posts really help with that? Especially if he keeps editing and deleting them...

Looking at his comments on Expendables and Rambo, I'm curious if it's all his agents and lawyers doing, if he himself maybe didn't make the smartest decisions at the time or if his agents and lawyers were really that manipulative.

The 'milking' and 'picking the bones clean' arguments don't work too well for me. Considering he has played in all movies so far, talked about Rambo and Rocky prequel shows, made two Escape Plan sequels, is going to work on the Nighthawks remake and is producing the remake for The Gangster, the Cop and the Devil.
JuV

Postby Jox on 02 Aug 2022, 16:19

It's not crystal-clear or sensical, and it's not like Sly is "all clean" either or didn't screw up other writers and filmmakers, and even so, he's showing instability with those posts, so his attitude reminds me of certain narcissistic behaviors when they call out someone else for doing what they themselves are actually doing...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 04 Aug 2022, 16:56

It could be a fake, hoax or staged strategy to attract people to be interested in the future project. Sort of Vin Diesel Dwayne Johnson feud online or Will Smith -Chris Rock Oscar slap. Today every strategy is good to sell
It is hard to believe that Sly and Dolph can become enemies...

It is interesting the fact if Dolph filmed something for Creed 3 taking in consideration that romanian Florian Munteanu is involved. Sly is producing Creed 3 as we all know
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 04 Aug 2022, 17:00

alex.sp89 wrote:It is interesting the fact if Dolph filmed something for Creed 3 taking in consideration that romanian Florian Munteanu is involved. Sly is producing Creed 3 as we all know

Dolph did not film anything for CREED III, and Sly said he took off producing credit from it.

Meanwhile, Sly felt offended on StalloneZone (where he used to post once in a while) and left the board, leaving an even bigger mess over there for the past few days...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 04 Aug 2022, 17:45

Stallone could be infuriated maybe by the fact that they killed his character Rocky off screen when the event of Creed 3 take place. Sly could say - WHAT THE HELL ? I wanted more stand alone movies with Rocky to be made after my exit from Creed. U Winkler shattered all my future dreams projects... killing this character.
Sly feels the goat, they used him to build a new franchise and now they kick him out. Creed never became Rocky, no matter what someone can write in press. Rocky is a phenomenon, Creed a mediocre movie that worked because of Sly involvement.

But I am 80 percent sure it is a game. They need to promote somehow this products even a good scandal is OK today. THEY ARE SHRINKING A GENIUS MIND, make us talk about it. TMZ news.

In one thing Sly is right - LETS move on and develop new projects, leaving Rambo, Rocky in the past as a good history. We hate when they destroy good franchises with these so called sequels today.It is awful how Rambo franchise ended.Very weak movie, as Die Hard 5. In the next 5-10 years Sly can seek redemption like he did with Rocky and Rambo in 2006 and 2008.Today i do not think they have a good script for it... And one more important thing - let's hope he will be still with us...

P.S by the way what happened with Dolph leg in the past month or so ? He barely can walk. Injured ?
alex.sp89

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Aug 2022, 14:05

Jox wrote:It's not crystal-clear or sensical, and it's not like Sly is "all clean" either or didn't screw up other writers and filmmakers, and even so, he's showing instability with those posts, so his attitude reminds me of certain narcissistic behaviors when they call out someone else for doing what they themselves are actually doing...

This is the sense I get of the whole situation as well... Stallone seems a bit unhinged about this "potential" project.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 24 Aug 2022, 20:26

Apparently Jennifer Flavin-Stallone has filed for divorce (following speculations that Sly covered up his tattoo of her and that she unfollowed his IG), which could explain some of Sly's recent cryptic comments and his kind of unhinged mood...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 25 Aug 2022, 16:53

DIVORCE at the time when they are shooting a reality TV show with Stallone family. Strategy to sell the project...
alex.sp89

Postby Krom on 06 Sep 2022, 01:42

Jox wrote:
alex.sp89 wrote:It is interesting the fact if Dolph filmed something for Creed 3 taking in consideration that romanian Florian Munteanu is involved. Sly is producing Creed 3 as we all know

Dolph did not film anything for CREED III, and Sly said he took off producing credit from it.

Meanwhile, Sly felt offended on StalloneZone (where he used to post once in a while) and left the board, leaving an even bigger mess over there for the past few days...

What Sly’s nickname on StalloneZone?
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2022, 16:25

Bråkade med Stallone

I augusti seglade ett bråk upp där Sylvester Stallone blev rasande på Dolph Lundgren. Han tyckte att Dolph hade gått bakom ryggen på honom angående en spin off-film om ”Rocky”-karaktären Ivan Drago.

”Jag ber fansen om ursäkt, jag ville aldrig att Rocky-karaktärerna skulle exploateras av de här parasiterna”, skrev Sylvester Stallone på Instagram.

– Jag tror allt kommer att lösa sig med den här filmen. Jag och mitt team har informerat om det här. Stallone var mycket väl medveten om det här manuset. MGM hade förmodligen pratat med honom innan de pratade med mig om det här projektet. Vad som exakt har hänt vet jag inte riktigt, men det här hjälper filmen. Det är alltid bra med lite press.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/ ... krokdal-26
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors