STRAIGHT BLAST (2001-2002): Dolph dodged a bullet there!

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

STRAIGHT BLAST (2001-2002): Dolph dodged a bullet there!

Postby Tom on 19 Sep 2006, 13:29

I saw one of Julien Lee's films last night on an obscure sky channel, called action max. It was Tiger Street, and it was one of the most horrible and awful pieces of turd I've ever seen in my life. Lee has absolutely no screen presence, no charisma and no acting ability. As an on screen fighter, he makes Don Wilson look like Bruce Lee, and as an actor makes Don Wilson look like Robert De Niro! I've also looked at some trailers for his other movies, that are floating round the internet still. They all look like home movies, bad ones! I have absolutely no doubts that had Straight Blast been made it would have been by a long shot, Dolph's worst and most embarrasing movie. Dolph is way too big to be doing stuff like that. Lee went on to do a film that co-starred Frank Zagarino, and even Zagarino was really slumming it there. So no way in a million years should Dolph appear in something that slip-shod and amatuerish. Had that movie been made it could have led Dolph down a path of doing dire, uber-low budget movies. When he went back to NU Image, the rental receipts clearly went back up again and thankfully he was laos led into directing his own movies too.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Sep 2006, 15:50

I have no doubts about it, the producers obviously went after Dolph to sell the movie but still couldn't afford to have him on the whole shoot. It was supposed to be a $2 million flick and I don't think we would have seen Dolph much more than in "Johnny Mnemonic"... I emailed back and forth some people involved in the project at the time and I when I asked them they all confirmed that Dolph was attached to it, but there's chances he wasn't actually signed yet...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2007, 01:24

Old stuff, but I have word that the producers were merely "trying to get Dolph" for "Straight Blast" but nothing further. So as weird as it sounded he NEVER agreed to co-star as a villain against Julian Jung Lee!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rover on 12 Sep 2007, 10:24

You saw a movie starring Bruce Lee *and* Robert De Niro? :lol:
Seeing Dolph in a movie like that will never happen, he directs his own movies now!
Maybe when he'll be 80, he will do some little cameos in B movies...
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2007, 10:53

When that project came up (2001) Dolph had just done "Agent Red" so that was the lowest point in his career and anything was possible...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Straight Blast: Dolph dodged a bullet there!

Postby Jox on 20 Apr 2010, 23:56

Despite the fact that Dolph has never really been attached to this project (producers were only trying to get him), I'm sure you'll be all happy to know that STRAIGHT BLAST has finally been shot (9 years later), under the new title of SERPENT RISING, still starring Julian Jung Lee (unknown despite credits in the genre), John Savage and Martin Kove, and directed by writer Lawrence Riggins (REPLICANT)...!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403236/
http://www.serpentrisingmovie.com
Jox
Site Admin

Return to News / Rumors