Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Avatars?

Postby preacher on 25 Jan 2009, 14:00

Brilliant avatars! Just Brilliant!
Even though my nickname suggests what kind I should pick I had trouble.
There are so many cool ones!
preacher
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 25 Jan 2009, 14:41

Thanks a lot for all the kind words, folks! :D Nice to know you all appreciate them!
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 25 Jan 2009, 23:42

And as much as I hate the Minion... that spiked glove did look pretty damn cool... Thanks Craigie!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 26 Jan 2009, 23:34

Loving this Red Scorpion avatar! Definitely one of my favorite Dolph movies and the sprite truly does it some justice. Nice work, Craigie-boy!
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Jox on 26 Jan 2009, 23:36

Jack Caine wrote:Loving this Red Scorpion avatar!

Yeah it is cool!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jack Caine on 27 Jan 2009, 00:43

One question: Are there any avatars of Dolph in Dark Angel? I can identify most of them, including BlackJack, but I can't seem to find any from Dark Angel/I Come in Peace.

EDIT: Is this the only one?
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Postby Nathan on 27 Jan 2009, 02:01

Damn!! I knew I couldn't last more than a couple of days without changing mine!! :lol: Each one is more awesome than the last. I've decided my favourites are Direct Action, the bloodied up Hidden Assassin one and the Missionary Man one where he's reloading his shotgun!! :mrgreen:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 28 Jan 2009, 05:13

Jack Caine wrote:One question: Are there any avatars of Dolph in Dark Angel? I can identify most of them, including BlackJack, but I can't seem to find any from Dark Angel/I Come in Peace.

EDIT: Is this the only one?

No, there should be another dark-haired pic immediately before that one, where he's wearing a brown jacket and holding a gun. That's also from Dark Angel.

And about the Red Scorpion one... that was actually my initial choice as well! I decided to go with Men Of War though, being, as it is, one of my fave Dolph films!

I was showing these avatars to a friend of mine who reckons that, after all the effort I've put into them so far, I should try and bring them to the attention of not just Dolph fans everywhere, but also Dolph himself...
I suppose it's possible, given that he is aware of this forum - but what do you guys think?
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 28 Jan 2009, 06:29

I say "go for it"
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Postby Nathan on 28 Jan 2009, 12:51

Yeah Jox, maybe Dolph could encorporate them into his site? Like if he has a page for each of his movies he could have the little Dolph figures on the headings. I think that would be kick ass.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2009, 18:04

Good question, we're working on the site now but I'm not sure how it could be incorporated in a smart way, maybe as extra downloads?

Anyway I like them myself and think they add a nice little fun to the board and are better than the usual avatar pictures (less intrusive and more discreet).

I cannot imagine how much time it took to Craig to make them (especially since he did so many for each movie!) so I cannot thank him enough for his work! 8)

One question Craig, did you designed them on a normal scale before resizing them?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 28 Jan 2009, 18:27

I meant like have the movie title and then have a little sprite to represent the movie next to it or something. Anyway just an idea, they are very neat looking on the forum I agree!! :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2009, 18:39

Nathan wrote:I meant like have the movie title and then have a little sprite to represent the movie next to it or something.

Yeah it's just I don't think it'd fit design-wise...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 28 Jan 2009, 19:07

Ahh right okay, well downloading them would be nice!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 29 Jan 2009, 03:09

Jox wrote:I cannot imagine how much time it took to Craig to make them (especially since he did so many for each movie!) so I cannot thank him enough for his work! 8)

Actually, the majority of them took less than an hour each to complete! Obviously the time taken did vary in relation to the complexity of the sprite in question, but we're talking an average of an hour apiece.

Jox wrote:One question Craig, did you designed them on a normal scale before resizing them?

No. I did zoom in on each sprite while working on it, to facilitate ease of use - it would have been nigh-on impossible to draw them without zooming in - but there was no resizing as such. Every sprite was drawn at the size it appears here.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Web Site Discussion