New Official DL Facebook page!

Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

New Official DL Facebook page!

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2011, 17:39

Jox wrote:This time is for good!
Start signing up while I'm rebuilding the gallery and info!
New Official Dolph Lundgren Facebook Page!

Come on guys sign-up (you're first to get the exclusive)!
Will post an EXPENDABLES 2 goodie once the page is ready for official announcement!

Jox
Site Admin

Re: New Official DL Facebook page!

Postby MacGyver on 24 Sep 2011, 18:12

I "liked" the page! :D

So you will be running the new page? Why was he on a personal profile?
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2011, 19:18

MacGyver wrote:So you will be running the new page?

Yes.
Why was he on a personal profile?

Because of some big issue with the previous page his assist started using the personal profile attached to it, then we thought we would take control back of his other page (which 75,000 fans we didn't want to lose) but after many months it seemed like a lost cause and FB is unbelievably tricky.

So there you go, "like" the page and spread the word so we can get back on track and finally have some proper buzz and promotion worthy of Dolph!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MacGyver on 24 Sep 2011, 20:55

Did you take control of his Twitter, too?

Ever thought about getting Dolph to do a short video saying this was his official page? JC has made a couple of little videos for his FB page.
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2011, 15:31

Of course, and I hope we'll make some. :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Jun 2012, 16:20

MacGyver wrote:Ever thought about getting Dolph to do a short video saying this was his official page? JC has made a couple of little videos for his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=39 ... =2&theater

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Mark Anthony):
"I would like to know how many hours you work out now as you are older but still in great shape as i am not workin out as much i used to but though i am still strong i do have a problem with cardio work."

ANSWER:
I work out between 3-6 days a week, 1-2 hours per workout. I try to do more stretching and less heavy lifting. Weights are good for your structure, but as you get older flexibility and mobility are the toughest challenges, in my opinion. Cardio is important to fight off stress and for your heart.
/Dolph

EDIT:
FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Humberto):
"What do you think about Perry Lang? "Men of War" is, for me, your best movie! When the next movie with him??"

ANSWER:
He did a great job and the location we shot the film in Thailand made it look fabulous.
/Dolph

(photo from my collection)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Jun 2012, 21:47

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Mark):
"Who's your favorite actor amongst the cast of expendables 2? And who's the funniest? :-)"

ANSWER:
The funniest is Terry Crews and I became pretty close with him and Randy Couture on the sequel. Sly Stallone and Arnold I know for 25 years already.
/Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Jun 2012, 17:18

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Sonia):
"What food do you eat to keep so fit...and what do you avoid?"

ANSWER:
Try to have a good breakfast, a mixture of protein and carbs. Like oatmeal with sliced banana and a boiled egg. Or scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast. If you want to lose weight, don't eat any carbs ( pasta, potatoes, rice, etc) after lunch, only protein, i.e. chicken, fish or meat with a salad. It's important to keep eating, because if you diet too much your metabolism shuts down and you can't lose fat OR gain muscle.
/Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Jun 2012, 20:35

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from John):
"Was it as much fun as it looked, driving and crashing and blowing up all those super cars in 'Joshua Tree'?"

MY ANSWER:
Yes, a bait scary too. We did a lot of the final chase sequence on a road snaking up a mountain with a 1000-foot drop to the valley below. One of actors threw up out the car window.
/Dolph

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Matt):
"I read recently that Quentin Tarantino worked on your workout video 'Maximum Potential'. My question is did you meet him on set and if so did you have any idea that he would go on to become such a great film maker?"

MY ANSWER:
No, I didn't remember him on the set. Too busy doing 2,000 sit-ups.

:mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Jun 2012, 17:30

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Dija):
"Your favourite book, please?"

ANSWER:
Many. One is 'The Long Ships', an epic viking novel by Swedish author Frans G Bengtsson.
/Dolph

Note: the original title is "Röde Orm" also known as "Red Orm" after which Dolph named his production company in 1986 (the entity still exists).

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Jessie):
"What was it like working with Brandon Lee?"

ANSWER
Great guy, certainly would've become a huge star just like his father. We had fun on the set, his mother Linda was of Swedish descent. Tragic what happened.
/Dolph

(photo from my collection)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Jun 2012, 20:30

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Stacey):
"Hey Dolph, first I'd like to say that you rock to the core and I can't wait to see your new stuff coming out! I'm 25, 5'3 and 110lbs. I've been waiting to take some form of martial arts, mostly for protection and I was wondering what you think the most effective form would be for me. I wanted to take karate because I'm a huge Elvis fan and that's what he did, but I've heard there are way more effective forms of martial arts for taking someone down if I needed to. Your advice would most definitely be what I would choose!"

MY ANSWER:
The reason to study martial arts is in my opinion not only to fight but to become a better person. To be more confident, respectful of others and develop a positive attitude. The style I train Kyokushin karate is a fairly hard traditional Japanese style, but there are many others. Look in your area and find a dojo where people seem disciplined and tough, yet respectful. The loudmouth is usually the first one to go down in a street fight.
/Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Jun 2012, 18:27

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Geoff):
"My question is when will your book be translated into English and released?"

MY ANSWER:
My fitness book? I hope next year. Still trying to put that together!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Jun 2012, 18:31

Good
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 28 Jun 2012, 18:04

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Valentina):
"Did you ever regret what you become? If you could what would you change the most in your life or work?"

• Sometime I wonder what it would have been like if I had become an engineer or scientist, but I don't look back and regret anything. Life is all about taking hard knocks and learning your lessons. I look to the future!
/Dolph
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 9314_n.jpg

FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY (from Simon):
• "Have you ever considered to do a movie with Steven Seagal?"

• Yes, we met and discussed a project a few years back, but unfortunately it didn't work out at that time. Maybe in the future!
/Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 22 Jul 2012, 15:40

How do you do for ask a "FAN QUESTION OF THE DAY ?
shooby

Next

Return to Web Site Discussion