Mobile version?/App?

Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mobile version?/App?

Postby preacher on 05 Jun 2018, 16:11

While writing a reply on the ”Dolph Ultimate 20 years” topic I started thinking about why I don’t post as much as I once did. The answer is: I am using my smartphone instead of my laptop nowadays. In the browser (chrome for iPhone) posting is a nightmare and the Tapatalk app (using for this post) screws with the layout and makes navigating a chore. I think so atleast.
Are there any better options out there?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
preacher
Regular

Re: Mobile version?/App?

Postby Jox on 06 Jun 2018, 01:43

That's a good question for Mosquito and Sven who graciously and most kindly deals with the technical maintenance of the forum.

I must address thatI didn't pay too much attention to the smartphone shift of the last decade, and that may have been a mistake which threw off the members and regular visitors who mostly use their phones...

Personally, I only to the minimum from my smaller "device", even texting can quickly annoy me and make me restless. (I'm fine with Chrome or Safari for iphone, even though I mostly don't post from it)

How many of you visit from their phone or wish they could more easily?
What do you all think?
:?:
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Mobile version?/App?

Postby Mosquito on 08 Jul 2018, 00:03

Hey guys, sorry for being quiet for such a long time.

So preacher, the Tapatalk app causes problems? I must admit that I've used it in the beginning but stopped and only go on the forum on my laptop. I'd have to install Tapatalk again and test it.

But of course the better way would be to have a flexible layout. Since it was a lot of tweaking and manual work to get the forum running when we last updated the version, I can't really promise to deliver something soon. I've recently checked the latest versions and what would need to be done and have to admit that I've forgotten everything I did last time and have to start from scratch.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Return to Web Site Discussion