Dolph's site- DOWN?

Have some suggestions on how to improve the site? Any feedback on the site? Post it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph's site- DOWN?

Postby Terminator on 30 Aug 2004, 20:35

Do you know what there's going on on his Official Site now? Maybe a few adds or even a few more answered messages??? Or could someone just load his homepage and then tell me, what you can see?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 30 Aug 2004, 22:14

Works perfectly fine for me. It is even better than before because the font is bigger and nicer. Either they've changed the style or the new Mozilla version shows it more nicely. Still no content update though.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 31 Aug 2004, 16:17

Okay and as well:NO!!! :cry:
This means that I cannot load this site anymore... [!!!]. This must have something to do with a Quick Time Configuration, cos this Quicktime logo (the watch) appears and disappears after being seen by me for one sec...
But I think Dolph doesn't promise what he says to his fans- "EACH MONTH", he would give a reply on as many messages as possible, but the last Update is far above one month I think... :?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dolph_Fan on 31 Aug 2004, 16:32

QuickTime ?, it uses Flash.

It judge it is a very loosely 'offical' site.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Terminator on 01 Sep 2004, 17:02

I Know that it's kinda Flash, but anyhow Quick Time has made a connection to my Browser and this flash where Dolph appears is just black and nothing changes... just before that installation everything worked fine, too.
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dolph_Fan on 01 Sep 2004, 21:14

Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 02 Sep 2004, 14:42

You're assuming Terminator is using Windows. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dolph_Fan on 02 Sep 2004, 15:11

Knowing the mechinism for launching the Flash player on WINDOWS systems, and how todays browsers obey the mechnism, it is not possible for QuickTime to hijack the FLASH content (In normal cases) in todays browser.

For MACintosh, yes still can be hijacked.

To investigate on either systems, go into the settings somewhere (if its internet explorer then it could be in the control panel somewhere also) and look for the settings for the, MIME type :

application/x-shockwave-flash

See what plug-in / application it is associated with.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Terminator on 02 Sep 2004, 18:24

Yeah, thanks for the hint! :wink:
I am still wondering why Quick Time has made a connection in the background with my Browser... lol
and why Quick Time was used for Flash animations, I am still wondering a lot about that. :lol:
Anyhow I think I ought to check the plugins and the whole Quick time configurations folder so far, cos it makes me curious if Dolph has updated his site so far and I cannot wait any more (in last three month I was writing about 130 messages with kinda different and interesting questions- I was writing them down after brainstorming a lil'... lol).
Terminator
Regular

Return to Web Site Discussion