Rambo V or Death Wish remake

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Rambo V or Death Wish remake

Postby BIG PUNISHER on 25 Apr 2008, 03:46

It is rumoured that Stallone wants to do Rambo V or a remake of the movie Death Wish. I would like to see either of these made or both.
BIG PUNISHER

Postby Mosquito on 26 Apr 2008, 09:22

Oh please not. Stallone looks like a zombie in the recent Rambo movie. He should really retire or stay away from action. And stop taking growth hormones.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby BIG PUNISHER on 26 Apr 2008, 19:18

I thought Rambo 4 was really good. Stallone wants to take Rambo out of the war setting and put it into an urban setting. I think this could really work, Shotguns can be used, car chases, barfights. It could be like Walking Tall.
BIG PUNISHER

Postby Moltisanti on 26 Apr 2008, 20:58

The latest RAMBO was pretty much the best thing to happen to the genre in a long time. I don't know exactly what he will do next, but based on ROCKY BALBOA and RAMBO I'm done second-guessing him for the time being.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 14 Jun 2008, 19:15

The studio is keen on the idea of a fifth Rambo, and they want to get it filmed and released within the next couple of years, while Stallone is still in more or less the same physical condition he is now.
If it does happen, I think it might be a nice nod back to the original ending for First Blood by having Rambo die at the end of the film. This could at least bring the series to a definitive end, and hopefully ensure that the studio doesn't try to continue the series with another actor in the lead role...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Nathan on 14 Jun 2008, 20:25

Yeah I hate when they do that, Christian Bale has signed up for a new Terminator trilogy...oh noo!
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 14 Jun 2008, 22:21

The Terminator franchise is already completely fckd what with the third movie (insanely bad) and the low rent series on TV. Christian Bale can only be a step up from that mess.

As for a (final) Rambo flick, I wouldn´t mind it if they did it in the right way. And if Stallone stopped dying his hair jet black. He looks weird.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 14 Jun 2008, 22:44

Gosh. I'm a Christian Bale fan. Eagerly anticipating The Dark Knigh. But Terminator may rest in peace. It is Arnie or nothing. Contrary to popular taste I still think the first one is by far the best. The darkest and the best even though they didn't have today's CGI and the budget for great SFX. The whole atmosphere is just... well, eighties. Long gone. *sigh*
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 15 Jun 2008, 14:45

Nothing against Bale - as you say, The Dark Knight should be a good watch. But I don't think he should even attempt to fill Arnold's shoes; Arnold made the character of the Terminator his own - he was iconic in the role, and I wouldn't want to see the Terminator series tarnished by any further films without him headlining them. Let's face it, a Terminator movie just won't be a Terminator movie without Arnold.

Can you imagine a Rocky movie without Stallone, a Die Hard without Willis, or a Lethal Weapon without Gibson and Glover?

No, me neither.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Nathan on 15 Jun 2008, 19:18

Ohh don't worry guys I wasn't saying anything against Bale whatsoever, I just think like many people it should be left alone, its Arnie's franchise.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Jun 2008, 19:59

Arnie or no Arnie is not even the question.

It should be left alone just because there's a reason the first two were so great and successful, and that reason is James Cameron who can either be considered a genius or a mad man or both. So his films were beyond being merely sci-fi/action flicks.

And it should be left alone especially when people behind do everything to ruin it. I didn't mind T3 and for what it was Mostow actually did a great job and moreover he was genuine/honest. But here, every decision made sounds stupid (if the producers think only because Bale venerated that it will redeem themselves, or buy an audience and oscar, if they think McG doesn't sound more like McDonald meal than a director)...

whatever...

I won't see it.

I realize this is a Sly topic isn't it?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 19 Jun 2008, 00:02

Ok, ok I'll rent Rambo 4 soon. But I still think he looks like a zombie.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 19 Jun 2008, 00:45

Maybe a zombie but a zombie that can kick ass and knows how to stage a comeback. Surely that's something? I will buy it on the 23rd June when it comes out on DVD in the UK and I've got a feeling that after it I'll be saying roll on Rambo V. I'd like to see the Death Wish remake too, Stallone is a good director and will make if sufficiently violent, I'd like to see a really washed out picture, like in Missionary Man, in fact I'd love a go at making the movie myself, I have so many good ideas for it - anyone got Sly's number? :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 20 Jun 2008, 04:52

I'll probably hold off on buying the new Rambo DVD - I'm more inclined to wait until nearer to Xmas, when the inevitable special edition boxset of all four films comes calling. The first 3 films have anniversary editions in the States, so I'd expect something similar to reach these shores sometime this year...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Nathan on 20 Jun 2008, 12:24

Well over in the UK there is a collection pack already planned, which can be seen by searching on DVDactive.com. But I have the normal versions of the first three in the UK and they are actually pretty decent so I'll just buy the 4th film separately too.
Nathan
Regular

Next

Return to Off-Topic