Euro 2008

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Euro 2008

Postby Tom on 12 Jun 2008, 14:03

Anyone watching? I thought I wouldn't, but I've ended up watching most of it so far.
So far I'm fancying Germany, Holland, Spain and Portugal. If I were a betting man I go with Germany, because history suggests they have the consistency. However the Spanish and Dutch look very, very good indeed.
France are too old, and the new players aren't quite good enough. No Zizou so no hope really. Italy, I can't stand. Don't like the way they've played football for the last 10 years. They're more interested in not losing than they are in winning. No flair, cumbersome, mundane. They try to win games by ruining them as spectacles. I thought they were damn lucky to win the last world cup (indeed France- considered old then, we lucky to get to the final). They have no flair players. Pirlo is quality and they definitely now need to start with Del Piero, he's the only one who could make something from nothing. The last World Cup was dull after the group stages. This tournement is proving to be fairly good so far, hopefully it keeps going.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 12 Jun 2008, 19:31

I have no clue about football but of course I'm watching at least the games with the German team. Currently Germany is playing against Croatia. Croatia is in the lead with 1:0. Darn.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2008, 19:50

Mosquito wrote:I have no clue about football

High five!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 12 Jun 2008, 20:54

Mosquito wrote:I have no clue about football but of course I'm watching at least the games with the German team. Currently Germany is playing against Croatia. Croatia is in the lead with 1:0. Darn.

I'm glad you said Football and not Soccer.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Jun 2008, 01:00

I don't have a clue about football either, judging by some of the remarks I came up with when I watched a game with my friends down the pub...in my defense though, I did have a little too much to drink... :lol:
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 14 Jun 2008, 22:09

Jox wrote:
Mosquito wrote:I have no clue about football

High five!

That was actually funny (what the hell is going on? The world has gone mad)!!!!
Anyway, yeah, I watch pretty much every game. Big footie fan.

However, I just watched Sweden get defeated by Spain via a last minute goal, so right now I am a little agitated (= curled up in the fetal position, with a gun in my mouth, crying like a little girl).

Holland look very strong this year, indeed. Germany, Spain and Portugal as well (as you rightly pointed out). But I´ve been really impressed by Holland so far.

Allthough the smart money is on Sweden.
dolphage
Regular

Return to Off-Topic