Dolph vs Jet Li

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mosquito on 29 Nov 2008, 18:27

I'm no expert in this but I guess Dolph has an advantage due to his greater radius, right? Can hit Jet before Jet reaches him.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 29 Nov 2008, 22:08

Dolph Lundgren would WIPE HIS ASS with Jet Li.
dolphage
Regular

Re: Dolph vs Jet Li

Postby manudenis2005 on 02 Dec 2008, 22:56

khurram112 wrote:Who will win in a real fight ???

Dolph = Power
Jet Li = Speed

Winner = :?:

I think if Dolph cuts Jet's wires ....then we'll have a fair fight.
:lol:
manudenis2005
manudenis2005
Regular

Postby The Robin on 20 Jan 2009, 13:46

I compared these two in a thread on the Dolph Lundgren IMDb board about The Expendables.

Some guy said Dolph is NO MATCH for Jet Li, I was shocked!

Jet Li has speed sure, whatever --- but Dolph has power, strength, ridiculous reach advantage, and experience on his side. Jet Li is only 4 years younger than DL. He's 5'6, ??? weight. DL is 6'5 around 220-230 lbs.

Jet Li would be demolished, killed, destroyed, murdered, shattered, and any other destructive adjectives there are to describe it! Jet Li is no match for DL.

Done. Deal.
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Jack Caine on 21 Jan 2009, 06:35

As far as I'm concerned, we learned this from Lethal Weapon 4: The big strong fighter will catch the quick guy's leg and throw him through a wooden pillar, or something of that fashion.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby The Robin on 21 Jan 2009, 11:18

Agreed!

I love that movie!
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 22 Jan 2009, 02:20

Well, maybe we'll get to find out later this year, if Dolph and Jet actually get to fight each other in The Expendables!

This reminds me of a discussion I heard some time ago about who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some people said Bruce would win as he was much faster and possessed incredible martial arts abilities, while others said that Arnold's superior strength would see him through...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Jan 2009, 12:00

khurram112 wrote:
Craigie-Boy wrote:Well, maybe we'll get to find out later this year, if Dolph and Jet actually get to fight each other in The Expendables!

Stallone has hinted that there will be a fight between Dolph and Jet in The Expendables so lets just hope its true...

It is true (even twice to some extent). What remains mysterious is how the fight is gonna be.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 23 Jan 2009, 02:37

khurram112 wrote:
Craigie-Boy wrote:This reminds me of a discussion I heard some time ago about who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Its different between Arnold & Dolph as Arnold only has super strength while Dolph also knows martial arts and other fighting skills as well as possess power & strength...

Yeah, I know. I'm just suggesting that the two topics (Dolph vs Jet and Arnold vs Bruce) are of essentially the same nature - a huge, well-built man standing over 6 feet tall and weighing well over 200 lbs facing off against a slightly-built man who's probably 8 or 9 inches shorter (or more) and around half as heavy...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby algren on 02 Oct 2009, 21:09

Jet Li was a shoalin monk. Do you guys know what that is? Dolph is no match for Jet Li in real life.
algren

Postby dolphage on 02 Oct 2009, 21:22

Firstly, Jet Li was never a shaolin monk, was he?

Secondly, shaolin monks only have magical abilities in the movies.

Did, you really write this, Algren or did your little brother sneak in the room and wrote while you weren't looking? Wait a second, how old ARE you? If you're like thirteen I apologize, cuz your comment would make sense.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Oct 2009, 22:31

algren wrote:Jet Li was a shoalin monk. Do you guys know what that is? Dolph is no match for Jet Li in real life.

Jet or his stunt double?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 05 Oct 2009, 02:00

Sorry. I was mis-informed. 3 years ago at work i had an argument with someone about Jet Li, this person said that he used to be a shaolin monk, and i said it was still possible for Jackie Chan to beat him regardless of what position he used to hold. So, ever since then i've always perceived the term 'shaolin monk' to be related to great martial artists. I was wrong.

One thing to learn from this; always do your own research. :wink:

---

Back on topic: Jet Li was a Wushu champion, and a pretty good one at that. I believe that Dolph wouldn't be able to cope with Jet's many styles.
algren

Postby Lennert on 10 Feb 2010, 13:17

Being a Wing Chun practicioner myself (laying more emphasis on fast punches) I do think size and strength has a big advantage when done by someone who knows to fight himself. Jet Li is a terrific martial artist, but he would have to get real close to Dolph to actually hurt him and since Dolph's head is a lot higher than the average guy's I'm curious how he would try to hurt Dolph, since the guy obviously can take quite a lot of hits. Then again, Li shouldn't have to much trouble dodging Dolph's strikes and punches, since the guy is really fast, I'm just curious if he would be able to ditch out some serious damage before Dolph would hit him hard.
Lennert

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2010, 16:24

I suspect Sly tried to surprise us with this fight which will likely have some humor in it judging from the promo.
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic