What is the last movie you watched?

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What is the last movie you watched?

Postby algren on 23 Aug 2009, 16:44

Inglourious Basterds - 9.5/10

The best Tarantino movie ever. The dialogue is sensational. The build up within scenes is great, ending in satisfied performances. Brad Pitt is awesome. The premise is simple and great for that fact. Very very very very good movie.
algren

Postby Jack Caine on 25 Aug 2009, 04:57

algren wrote:Inglourious Basterds - 9.5/10

The best Tarantino movie ever. The dialogue is sensational. The build up within scenes is great, ending in satisfied performances. Brad Pitt is awesome. The premise is simple and great for that fact. Very very very very good movie.

Agreed, altho I find Pulp Fiction to be his best. I actaully liked this more than Reservoir Dogs.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Catty on 25 Aug 2009, 19:46

"War of the Worlds" (2005, Steven Spielberg). Now I want to see the earlier film and make a comparison. The remake of "War of the Worlds" was very frightening.
Catty
Catty

Postby Mosquito on 12 Sep 2009, 00:06

Crank 2 - holy shit. I love the Transporter franchise, I found Crank 1 quite amusing but this one is so over the top that it's total silly bullshit. At times we were literally laughing out loudly and I still don't know what to think of this. It is for sure braindead action entertainment. At least it not boring. Not even for a second. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Catty on 12 Sep 2009, 19:26

There is that film De Vinci Code or something. I watched it last night. Pretty good.
Catty
Catty

Postby Catty on 21 Sep 2009, 18:23

"The Chronicles of Riddick" is very impressive.
Catty
Catty

Postby Mosquito on 21 Sep 2009, 21:17

Catty wrote:"The Chronicles of Riddick" is very impressive.

I think Pitch Black is much better. Did you watch that one already?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Catty on 22 Sep 2009, 13:32

I must admit that I've never seen "Pitch Black". That will be another film to look forward to :D
Catty
Catty

Postby Mosquito on 22 Sep 2009, 23:10

Catty wrote:I must admit that I've never seen "Pitch Black". That will be another film to look forward to :D

Absolutely! That was the movie that sparked my interest in Vin Diesel. Unfortunately, that spark cooled down with every following movie. But hey, who knows, he might be back with something good again in the future. He was also very good in Boiler Room, a little movie that should get more attention.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Catty on 27 Sep 2009, 17:00

Mosquito wrote:Absolutely! That was the movie that sparked my interest in Vin Diesel. Unfortunately, that spark cooled down with every following movie. But hey, who knows, he might be back with something good again in the future. He was also very good in Boiler Room, a little movie that should get more attention.

Have you seen "The Fast and the Furious"? I intended to watch this the other night but didn't.
Vin Diesel was in that.

I watched "Bulletproof Monk" and thought that was ok.
Catty
Catty

Postby Mosquito on 27 Sep 2009, 20:46

I have seen The Fast and the Furious and well, guess I'm too old for that shit. ;-) Plus they push those Japanese cars and want to make them look reeeeally cool while I thought the only cool car was the classic Dodge Charger. I recently watched the latest part that again has Vin Diesel and it was better than expected, maybe better than the first part regarding the action scenes. But when it comes to stupid racing flicks with nice eye candy for the grrrls I would rather recommend Death Race. Big fun, great trash and doesn't take itself as earnest as F&F does. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Catty on 05 Oct 2009, 15:41

Mosquito wrote:I have seen The Fast and the Furious and well, guess I'm too old for that shit. ;-) Plus they push those Japanese cars and want to make them look reeeeally cool while I thought the only cool car was the classic Dodge Charger. I recently watched the latest part that again has Vin Diesel and it was better than expected, maybe better than the first part regarding the action scenes. But when it comes to stupid racing flicks with nice eye candy for the grrrls I would rather recommend Death Race. Big fun, great trash and doesn't take itself as earnest as F&F does. ;)

I must go and check out "Death Race" :D That sounds really something I have to watch. Thanks for mentioning it as I've not heard of this one :) - ( There should be more action type chick flicks. )

The last movies that I saw were: "King Fu Killer" and "The Perfect Storm".
Catty
Catty

Postby Tom on 05 Oct 2009, 23:06

Catty wrote:
Mosquito wrote:I have seen The Fast and the Furious and well, guess I'm too old for that shit. ;-) Plus they push those Japanese cars and want to make them look reeeeally cool while I thought the only cool car was the classic Dodge Charger. I recently watched the latest part that again has Vin Diesel and it was better than expected, maybe better than the first part regarding the action scenes. But when it comes to stupid racing flicks with nice eye candy for the grrrls I would rather recommend Death Race. Big fun, great trash and doesn't take itself as earnest as F&F does. ;)

I must go and check out "Death Race" :D That sounds really something I have to watch. Thanks for mentioning it as I've not heard of this one :) - ( There should be more action type chick flicks. )

The last movies that I saw were: "King Fu Killer" and "The Perfect Storm".

I like seeing chicks talkin bout action flicks. :wink:
Keep it up ladies.

Death Race was pretty fun BTW. No plot, but thankfully the CGI was minimal, and they blew up plenty of shit.
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 05 Oct 2009, 23:44

Tom wrote:
I like seeing chicks talkin bout action flicks. :wink:
Keep it up ladies.

I like seeing chicks talkin bout strippin down to their underwear to have a pillow fight (that leads to them practicing making out on each other)... So... I'm just putting that out there... No pressure...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 05 Oct 2009, 23:53

dolphage wrote:I like seeing chicks talkin bout strippin down to their underwear to have a pillow fight (that leads to them practicing making out on each other)... So... I'm just putting that out there... No pressure...

Ah, well, I'm not sure about that. But since you talk about strippin down to the underwear, did I ever mention why I like Red Scorpion and SiLT so much? :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic