Twitter.

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Twitter.

Postby Tom on 16 Jul 2009, 22:48

Anyone on this? I started, and it is kinda addictive. Steven Seagal actually Twitters too, as does Eric Roberts. Wonder if the D does?

Here's mine: http://twitter.com/TommyJdog
Tom
Regular

Re: Twitter.

Postby Jox on 17 Jul 2009, 00:35

Tom wrote:Anyone on this?

No.
Wonder if the D does?

No but do you think it would be a good idea? A few months ago the question came up but it seemed people were kinda dicing it and it also didn't feel like something for the D-man (kinda stupid initially) but since it's the new hip thing now I dunno (but I feel he might not see the point (and he is already thinking why do I need all these sites FB, MS etc)...

What do you think guys do you think Dolph should be on Twitter? Can it really bring something to him besides showing he's on the page?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Jul 2009, 00:52

It's something that can be more for personal enjoyment for some celebs, more than work. Stephen Fry is addicted, and does it for his own entertainment.

It would be quite interesting to hear D's day to day stuff though. I don't think it's his cup of tea, but then again, I never thought Seagal would be into it, but he posts almost daily.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jul 2009, 01:00

Tom wrote: I never thought Seagal would be into it, but he posts almost daily.

Of course he has 10 people working for him and his doubles do his real work for him so he has time left for Twitter! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Jul 2009, 01:07

"TommyJdog" - without irony I presume? I checked it out, funny "flasher joke"... I'm not on there, myself.

I'm not sure it's for Big D, though. I don't see how it's worth the effort for him.

It strikes me as EXACTLY the kind of thing Seagal would do. I mean, he actually beleives he IS the centre of the universe. Twitter is perfect for him.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Tom on 18 Jul 2009, 15:35

dolphage wrote:"TommyJdog" - without irony I presume? I checked it out, funny "flasher joke"... I'm not on there, myself.

I'm not sure it's for Big D, though. I don't see how it's worth the effort for him.

It strikes me as EXACTLY the kind of thing Seagal would do. I mean, he actually beleives he IS the centre of the universe. Twitter is perfect for him.

Why do you think I'm on it!

Funny vid with Rob Schneider talking about Seagal:
http://www.truveo.com/rob-schneider%E2% ... 3269301022
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 18 Jul 2009, 18:45

Well, I'm not dissing it as a concept at all. There's a lot of fun to be had reading (and I'm sure also writing) tweets. I'm just always the last person onboard these things. And allthough it would be fun to get DL's thoughts out on Twitter I just can't see him investing the time in it. But who knows...

Also, you ARE the centre of MY universe, Tom! :|
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Tom on 19 Jul 2009, 11:49

dolphage wrote:Well, I'm not dissing it as a concept at all. There's a lot of fun to be had reading (and I'm sure also writing) tweets. I'm just always the last person onboard these things. And allthough it would be fun to get DL's thoughts out on Twitter I just can't see him investing the time in it. But who knows...

:shock:
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 19 Jul 2009, 13:51

Tom wrote:
dolphage wrote:

:cry:
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Ceana on 19 Jul 2009, 20:19

It would be kinda funny to have Dolph on Twitter. Like it was already stated above - everyone seems to be on twitter these days and you don't have to invest a lot of time into it, so it probably wouldn't take much of his free time. On the other hand it took me months to gave in to my friends and join, so I can totally understand the urge to resist it. :mrgreen:
Ceana

Postby Mosquito on 20 Jul 2009, 00:49

dolphage wrote:
Tom wrote:
dolphage wrote:

:cry:

Who is the center of your universe?

:evil:

Tom, checked your page, was fascinated by the fact that you wonder about your next sandwich... that's the things we really need to know! ;-) Too bad that you aren't impressed by Public Enemies. I had high hopes on this one. I thought Johnny Depp can't be in bad movies.

I hear that a lot of people are addicted (reading and/or writing tweets). I don't get it but hey, I'd subscribe to a Dolph tweet if I knew that it wasn't a ghost writer. But I think he's not that much into the Net, is he? The upside is that a tweet takes only a few seconds while answering fan mails on your official site takes much longer. Too much longer, obviously. So this might be a chance to get more frequent news from the man himself. But I also heard that Twitter is getting in trouble because it's too easy to make fake posts, right?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 20 Jul 2009, 01:03

Mosquito wrote:Who is the center of your universe?

:oops:
Here comes the wife... Hide, TommyJdog, hide!

Mosquito wrote:
Tom, checked your page, was fascinated by the fact that you wonder about your next sandwich...

Does "sandwich" mean what I think it means? If it does: Good on ya, Tom!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Jul 2009, 01:46

Mosquito wrote:But I think he's not that much into the Net, is he?

Considering he has a life, he's not a web 2.0 geek, but you'd be surprised how "wired" he is though (in comparison I hear a certain JC barely knows it exists)! But he probably thinks he already spends way too much time online...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 20 Jul 2009, 11:16

dolphage wrote:
Mosquito wrote:Who is the center of your universe?

:oops:
Here comes the wife... Hide, TommyJdog, hide!

Mosquito wrote:
Tom, checked your page, was fascinated by the fact that you wonder about your next sandwich...

Does "sandwich" mean what I think it means? If it does: Good on ya, Tom!

No, no it doesn't! Nothing ever means what you think it means, you dirty minded young naughty person! :wink:

It was a damn good sandwich though. Lime and coriander chicken, swiss cheese, yellow pepper, red onion, cucumber, tomatoe, lettuce, mustard, mayo, in a granary baguette. Oh yeah! I'm going from half six, to midnight just thinking about it! :shock:
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Jul 2009, 11:36

Tom is a genius...
(this board has plenty by the way 8) )

...bringing up Twitter as an opening to finally tell us about his sandwich obsessions! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic