SEAGAL LAWMAN

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

SEAGAL LAWMAN

Postby Simon on 20 Aug 2009, 22:01

Check out the trailer for Seagals upcoming Real-Life Series LAWMAN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99E16w0PxCA
Attachments
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG (13.84 KiB) Viewed 11326 times
stevenseagellawman.jpg
stevenseagellawman.jpg (9.16 KiB) Viewed 11327 times
steven-seagal-lawman-image-425.jpg
steven-seagal-lawman-image-425.jpg (31.49 KiB) Viewed 11327 times
Simon

Re: SEAGAL LAWMAN

Postby dolphage on 20 Aug 2009, 23:41

Oh My Sweet Lord! That was embarrassing.

Notice how nothing even remotely exciting happened in that trailer.

I'm sorry if you're a Seagal fan, but that show looks like a train wreck.

Kinda depressing to be honest.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 21 Aug 2009, 05:07

I can't even wait for this show! I'm just waiting for Seagal to pull a crook out of his car, snap his neck, slap handcuffs on him and not get charged with brutality.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 21 Aug 2009, 10:21

Snapping necks WOULD be awesome but, judging from the trailer, this show is mainly The Fat Man sitting in the passenger seat of a patrol car, going : "Let's get him!" "Come on!" "Hurry up!".
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2009, 10:26

What appalls me is not only how ridiculous and stupid this is but also how successful this will be because you can tell people are excited about this ridiculousness (same as for them renting and buying the latest SS movies no matter how bad they are)... So SS can get as fat and lazy as he wants and still get away with it and still make some bucks :evil:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Catty on 21 Aug 2009, 12:50

Don't mean to be rude but I've become so confused about Steven Seagal's films. I know I haven't seen the majority of them but the titles are so alike that I'm not sure if I've watched them. :lol:
Catty
Catty

Postby Jack Caine on 21 Aug 2009, 17:09

Dude, Seagal isn't really that fat anymore. Why does everyone on here and the vandammefan board have such undying prejudices against the guy? He's only an action star who gained a mass of weight and then lost a nice amount over the last 3 years and you guys are acting like he got drunk and belted you as a child.
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 21 Aug 2009, 18:12

Jack Caine wrote: He's only an action star who gained a mass of weight and then lost a nice amount over the last 3 years and you guys are acting like he got drunk and belted you as a child.

That's not true. His reputation for being a massive douche has been built up over many years, it's not about him being overweight. He has earned the right to be universially hated, by consistently acting like a complete tool/crazy person.

He has lost the weight in the past three years? So I take it that trailer was more than three years old then.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 21 Aug 2009, 20:01

Take a look at him during Out for a Kill--larger than rosie o'donnell. Look at him now in photos from The Keeper and Driven to Kill, plus this trailer. The man HAS lost some weight. And yes, he has been a public prick, but I ignore that because lots of actors are like that, ESPECIALLY lou ferrigno.
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 22 Aug 2009, 01:12

"Lou Ferrigno"? Is he a an a-hole?

I can't imagine this show being a hit. Judging by the trailer they have NOTHING.

BTW; Seagal DID "get drunk and belt me as a child", I, however was NOT a child at the time, wich just made matters worse. Being belted by a drunk, GROWN UP Seagal would have been fine. (see what I did there?) (clever, huh?)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Aug 2009, 01:53

Put me in the "excited" column for this one. It's Cops meets Steven Seagal. Sounds good to me.

I know Seagal is a real polarizing figure but I still dig the guy. Even after all the awful DTV films he has made he's still someone I enjoy watching. His last flick, DRIVEN TO KILL, was solid and it least the trailer to his next movie THE KEEPER looks like it has potential.

There's no doubt the guy has been a huge jerk to a lot of people in the past but hopefully he's turning a new leaf and with this new reality show trying to get back in the public's good graces.

Looking forward to seeing him back on the big screen next year in MACHETE.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Dragonrage on 03 Sep 2009, 12:24

dolphage wrote:Snapping necks WOULD be awesome but, judging from the trailer, this show is mainly The Fat Man sitting in the passenger seat of a patrol car, going : "Let's get him!" "Come on!" "Hurry up!".

hahaha....I agree...totally
Dragonrage

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2009, 17:14

That's what I thought:
I prefer to channel my problems and inner demons through a character. Another persona. That protects me and my family. I can get my frustrations out that way. Nowadays, it's changed. People like to lay their whole life, and all of their own secrets out in front of the world. They make money off of it, and find satisfaction that way. I personally don't believe in that. I think it can be hurtful to yourself and those around you.

I haven't watched Seagal's show yet. And I don't plan on ever doing anything like that.
Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic