UK Members: Casting for my film!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

UK Members: Casting for my film!

Postby Tom on 20 Nov 2009, 23:48

If anyone is interested. A film I've written is currently casting.
The man I am working with on this, is Nic Main, who will be bringing the film to life. He's starting up an independant action movie company, and one of the two first features, is my screenplay Lap Dogs.

Currently we are casting, and require preferably trained fighters (any MA discipline is welcome). There are a few roles left and we need guys over 6ft, and physically imposing.

We also require camera operators (own HD equipment preferred).

Date: Bank Holiday Weekend May 2010.

For more on Nic, who'll also be leading man, check here: http://www.kick-boxing.net/nicmain

To apply or just enquire, e-mail: nicmain@nicmain.com

This isn't a paid gig, but it should be fun, and good experience. Benefits will include food on set, copy of the film, credit, and a wrap party.

Synopsis:

Jimmy Plant is an underground fighting champion. The best in the business, but he’s in debt with the wrong guy. When gangland boss, Tony Casey, asks Jimmy to throw a fight, Jimmy doesn’t. Though victorious in his bout, Jimmy is now on Tony’s hit-list. He sounds out his best hit-man, Robert Page, to take Jimmy out. Robert, is under Tony’s thumb, paying off debts, that his sister, now in a drug related coma, racked up with Tony. Weary having been used as a hired killer, Robert has to continue, for his sisters sake.

Jimmy is taken out to the woods to be disposed of, but after a brutal fight, the tables are turned, and Robert is the one with a gun pointed at his head. Tired of running, Jimmy refrains from killing his assassin, and offers him a union. Together they can take down Tony, and both be free of his villainous ways.

The final battle takes place at Tony’s home, and just one man will be left standing.

The film will be approx- 30-45minutes.
Tom
Regular

Re: UK Members: Casting for my film!

Postby Jox on 21 Nov 2009, 13:20

WOW cool Tom!! 8)

So what do you aim for with it other than experience and working on your craft?

Just a thought if you don't mind me say so: in my experience 30-45mins is not the best length format unless it's for TV. Otherwise business and festivals wise you're better off doing either a short film, a teaser or demo, or the full feature...

we need guys over 6ft, and physically imposing.

Sounds like you need guys like Dolph! Sorry I'm only 5'7ft... but I was cast as He-Man in my own aborted MOTU sequel back in 1988-89 so the casting directors (me & my bro) but have thought I was physically imposing! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 21 Nov 2009, 15:18

I met Nic through Mandy.com, as he'd put up an ad for writers. Funnily enough a buddy of mine also applied, and of all the applicants, it turns out that both of our films are getting made with Nic.

I think the film will probably be more or less a demo. We're testing the water really, and then might do a feature length film after.

Originally I'd written a synopsis for a whole other idea, that would have been feature length. Then I showed Nic a film my brother had written and directed, which I also starred in too, called Lap Dogs. It was only a short 15 minute film. Nic liked the idea, and now we're remaking that and expanding it more (the film I did with my brother was just us two starring, and stuff like the thrown fight were just referred too). So I've done a new screenplay for it, to encorporate martial arts. Van Damme it up a bit.
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 21 Nov 2009, 15:58

Sounds awesome!

I wish I could audition, it would be sweet. I'm big enough but my martial art is Kung Whoop Ass, which is normally not accepted as an actual Martial Art (except in bars) so I wouldn't make the cut. But it sounds like great fun.

If you need a voice guy, maybe I could help.

Good luck!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 25 Nov 2009, 23:55

Sounds good, but unfortunately I live in USA.

I also noticed your names come from two Led Zeppelin members, but flip-flopped.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 26 Nov 2009, 00:32

Jack Caine wrote:I also noticed your names come from two Led Zeppelin members, but flip-flopped.

Uh-oh, he's cracked the code, Tom - kill him! (with kindness)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Tom on 26 Nov 2009, 23:38

The Zepp! Can't beat him.

This here by the way is awesome. John Paul Jones (Zepps bassist) and guitar god Paul Gilbert, doing an acoustic version of my favourite LZ song, Going To California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLU08nOtUkc

Another really good cover, classical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkKHQIs ... re=related
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Nov 2009, 23:46

BTW I don't know if they couldn't get permission to use their name but there were two references to Led Zeppelin made by the president in the CP script (which they replaced both times by lines like "a band I once knew")...
Jox
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic