Fitness

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fitness

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2012, 11:35

Still going, and I am ill today too. The diet is my weak point, I am not organised enough and I cannot cook! I ordered loads of chicken breasts, potatos, I got protein powder, I just need a plan maaaan!

I am starting to feel better though.
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby whiteandblank on 04 Nov 2012, 00:16

If anyones interested....

Went Monday, but took week off, my parents have come back from abroad and I have to look after my son. I injured my heel and neck (dunno how!) but they have healed. Back is OK too, although I am taking it easy on her!

I have realised how truly awful I am at cooking! But diet is seriously poor, I need to sort this as soon as...
whiteandblank

Postby dolphage on 04 Nov 2012, 14:57

I AM interested, actually! I watch this thread like a hawk, because I have gone through it and I want to see how you'll cope with it.

But, I'm not sure what to say about your cooking. It's not that difficult... Just do a stir fry. Heat a pan up, pour oil into it, then some bite sized pieces of meat or some mince, then throw in some other stuff like spices and vegetables ( a mix of like frozen veg, will do you fine), cook until done... and just eat it.

Make a big one of those in morning and then divide it up into portions to have throughout the day. Simples. And cheap.

What, if any, supplements are you taking?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 06 Nov 2012, 17:39

I have got some recipes now for chicken, and I will try yours!

Supplements, just protein powder.

My diet is poor and really inconsistant. Its shit basically!
whiteandblank

Postby whiteandblank on 22 Nov 2012, 16:55

This week, I haven't been since Monday. I can't shake off this flu, and on tuesday I got up at my usual 5am, and I was totally gone. So I thought, take some time off. I feel like I haven't been to the gym in years, and it has pissed me off, I feel like I am behind in my progress, and I need to catch up fast.
whiteandblank

Postby dolphage on 22 Nov 2012, 18:58

That's not a bad thing though, it will get your body used to not working out all the time so that when you start again it will shock your muscles into growing. It's a well known techique to "keep the body guessing", which these little breaks fall under. Keep eating as much as you can and rest a lot, though.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 25 Nov 2012, 17:37

Also, I once trained when I was already sick and that got me two more weeks of total sickness. So better wait until you're 100 percent ok again. Anything else is totally unhealthy and counter-productive.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 25 Nov 2012, 18:14

Agreed!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 29 Nov 2012, 12:46

I took your advice, took last week. Felt much better for it.
This week, one day on, one day off, switched up the routine a bit, suppose it keeps the body guessing.
The early morning starts are getting to me a bit now, so I just think or watch motivational things. Sad I know, but it works.

Will sort out diet this month 100%, its the one area lacking badly.
I am feeling better though, I can't describe it, but i feel more alert, sex drive has gone up even more (not that needed too!!), just general well-being!
whiteandblank

Postby Alfred92 on 08 May 2013, 21:36

Well the plan should be eat healthy and stay active that's all you need if you are trying to lose weight you need to make yourself physically active.And when it comes to eating the appropriate diet you need food which doesn't contain much fats and is good nutritionally.
Alfred92

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2013, 23:19

I failed big time
I need to get back into it
whiteandblank

Postby Mosquito on 26 Oct 2013, 00:40

Hey, think of the great Sam Beckett: "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Or, as they use to say: NEVER SURRENDER!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 24 Feb 2014, 23:50

By the way,I am back in the gym for the first time in nine years. Nine years of home workouts.

It feels good, I do 10-15 hours in the gym a week, been doing it for a month and a half. Lifting weights.

Making a little progress too.

Any of you guys at it?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 02 Mar 2014, 10:49

Nope. :-( Working, working, getting sick over too much work. Thinking "I have to get back to working out again" on a weekly basis. *sigh*
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 02 Mar 2014, 16:50

That's the thing! I have got time to go to the gym now, but soon I won't, so I'll be back to little home workouts again.

The gym is so time consuming.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic