Dolphage is a voice over artist!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolphage is a voice over artist!

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2013, 00:32

I agree, I would hate being famous -I'm too much of a private person. I would like being rich, though - one less thing to worry about. But happiness, that's the real trick. Took me a couple of years to get there. :)

Thanks, Jox. Maybe I'll do one in french for you aswell!! :D
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2013, 02:07

Only a couple of years?! Do you take students?!

If you make a French demo, do it for the other Frenchies out there, not for me...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2013, 18:13

OK, many years. :lol:

I was just kidding, my french is in no way good enough to do voice overs in. I'll stick to english and swedish.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 11 Dec 2013, 18:49

dolphage wrote:I agree, I would hate being famous -I'm too much of a private person. I would like being rich, though - one less thing to worry about. But happiness, that's the real trick. Took me a couple of years to get there. :)

I'll probably kick myself for writing this but indeed I'd sign every fucking word you've written here. Rich? Yes. Famous? Never. True wealth? Happiness. You should be nominated the next Dalai Lama, Sir.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2013, 19:04

We're agreeing on something! We must be getting old and softhearted, because that never used to happen! :lol:
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2013, 22:07

From the upcoming book by Mike Fury LIFE OF ACTION:
Ivan Drago was perfect for me at the time. He was strong, silent and deadly, but with a boyish innocence and being used by the system. It was kind of how I felt when first getting into show business. Making the film was the easy part, surviving the fame that came with it was a more formidable challenge."

https://www.facebook.com/lifeofactionbook
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 11 Dec 2013, 22:23

I imagine that to be true. If Dolph is, basically, a shy Swede then it must have been difficult dealing with all that attention and scrutiny. You get the feeling that he had to come up with a Hollywood-"persona" in order to get through those first years (and to some extent, still)

Recognition by one's peers is a beautiful thing, fame strikes me as being the opposite.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2013, 23:19

I think he still said recently that you never totally get used to it (and that it's so un-natural) but that you learn how to deal with it a little better... And yeah he's much more comfortable with the media (especially since he turned 50 I find) and be more confident socially but at the same time he's still reserved and likes to keep to himself or close entourage (which has nothing to do with the fame issue by the way it's just to say he likes to stay true to himself no matter what people say).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 12 Dec 2013, 15:17

He's gotten so much better and more relaxed in interviews over the years, his down to earth personality shines through more now than it used to when he was a kid.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 13 Mar 2014, 22:29

I wouldn't mind to be famous actually!
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Previous

Return to Off-Topic